Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Old listing. New link provided.

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Coupe, 2010+ G37 Sedan, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, 2008-2009 G37 Sedan
Location (State/Prov): GA
Item Condition: Used
Tire/Wheel Type: 20+

I originally wanted to trade these wheels so I created this listing. I edited it to add sale information to the trade as well. I have created a new For Sale listing which can be found here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...ml#post3819345

Mods, please close this. Thank you.

I have a set of Infiniti M56S wheels in gunmetal that I bought back in April of this year. I put them on a Maxima and drove them for about 8,000 miles. Now they've been on my G37x for about 3,000 miles. They have 245/40r20 Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S tires on them and have TPMS sensors. One wheel has two small scrapes in one of the spokes. Easy to have repaired. All are 20x9.

Trade:
I would love to trade for some Concavo CW-12s in matte grey. The only limitation I have is that I need a full set of 20x9s. I can't run staggered on my X and I don't want to run a staggered setup anyway.

Also, if shipping is an option for you then we could just pay to ship ours to each other and that would wash out any shipping charges.

Here is a thread by Sunny G showing the Concavo CW-12s on his sedan. https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...nd-review.html This is what I'm looking for.

Sell:
I'm also open to selling them outright. Here is my thought process on determining the price:

Since the one wheel has the two little scapes and needs to be repaired, I would sell the wheels only for $1,300. The wheel/TMPS/tire combo (without wheel locks - I'm keeping those for my next set of wheels) would be $1,900.

I'd be willing to split the shipping cost with the buyer. I get a good discount through FedEx at work so it would be half of that and not the retail shipping cost. They are on the car at the moment so I'd have to take one off, figure out how to box it, and then get a quote for all four. I can do that but I don't want to unless you are really serious.

Just for reference, you can buy these wheels for $380 each and the center caps for $47 each. That's $427 per wheel. Your current wheel lugs and locks (if you have them) will work so you don't have to buy those. At $427 each, the total cost would be $1,708. I'm asking $1,300 so that's about a $408 savings. Factor in about $75 to repair the one wheel and you are at $333 savings over new.

The tires are Falken Ziex ZE950 245/40R20. They have 11,000 miles on them and are in perfect condition. You can get new tires in that same size for as little as $125 for cheapos. I chose to go with a middle of the road option. Price wise and quality wise. I paid $170 each for those. 11,000 miles is 20-25% of the expected tread life of that tire so I'd like to get $125 each out of them. $170 each is $680 plus tax. $125 each is $500 without tax. That's another $180 savings.

TPMS sensors go for about $50+ each these days. I'm asking $25 each. That's another $100 or more savings over new.

At $1,900, that's about $600 less than buying it all new. Plus half of the shipping, of course. I am in Georgia. Shipping should be fairly reasonable unless you are on the west coast.

Anyhow, I'm the kind of person that would rather provide all of the details up front. With all that, if you are serious then I'll be happy to pull one off at work this week to get a quote on shipping.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Last edited by jsampsell; 09-03-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added selling information.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Superteeth

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've always liked the newer M's sport wheels, but don't have the wheels you want for trade. However, I do have an idea of where those nicks came from. I am guessing that whoever mounted the tires to the wheels did that. I got that kind of damage when I got new tires put on.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 PM
DrDan Mudryk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would you like to sell them for outright?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Superteeth
I've always liked the newer M's sport wheels, but don't have the wheels you want for trade. However, I do have an idea of where those nicks came from. I am guessing that whoever mounted the tires to the wheels did that. I got that kind of damage when I got new tires put on.
You are probably right. And, unfortunately, I was the one who had them off and on the car the past two times. I could have done it myself and not noticed it until later.
Originally Posted by DrDan Mudryk
How much would you like to sell them for outright?

Thanks
I am about to update the original post with details on selling them outright.