Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Paddle shifter kit

Category: Accessories
Price: $200
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: 2010+ G37 Sedan, 2008-2009 G37 Coupe, Other Model G's
Location (State/Prov): CA
Item Condition: Brand New

I have an almost brand new Paddle Shifter kit from Riverside Infiniti for sale. I didn't do my part in checking for the wires beforehand, but I read everywhere that Journey coupes could have the shifters. I tried to install them, but I didn't have the wires. It seems like you need the navigation package or something because my Journey + premium package doesn't have the pre-wiring. So before you decide to buy, please check your car! The DIY for this is here:

DIY: Installing Sport paddles - G35Driver

You could also do this without removing the steering wheel (look at pg. 20 of that thread).

I opened the box, but it was never fully installed. $200 + shipping (firm). Local preferred, located in Irvine CA.

Here are new pictures. Since the pictures are large, I had to zip them into a rar file and post them up on a file sharing site (mediafire). Here is the link to the rar file that contains all of the pictures.
http://www.mediafire.com/?se20f4bxi1f0qe3
Attached Thumbnails Paddle shifter kit-photo.jpg  

Last edited by bingpwr; 12-17-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: New pictures added
Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
cconklin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no offense, but are you sure you checked completely? Mine were real easy to miss as they were taped up behind some other wires. My car does not have nav but does have premium...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Rainmaker66
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bingpwr
I have a brand new Paddle Shifter kit from Riverside Infiniti for sale. I didn't do my part in checking for the wires beforehand, but I read everywhere that Journey coupes could have the shifters. Turns out, it seems like you need the navigation package or something because my Journey + premium package doesn't have the pre-wiring. So before you decide to buy, please check your car! The DIY for this is here:

You could also do this without removing the steering wheel (look at pg. 20 of that thread).

I opened the box, but it was never installed or anything of that sort.

$225 firm. Local preferred, located in Irvine CA.
They should be there, All the G cars are pre-wired.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Really? I really opened that sucker up, and I can't seem to find it! I was under there, and didn't see any taped up wires (at least where I saw them in the other pics)...unless they are taped up somewhere else? My car is a 2009 g37 journey with premium, manufactured 10/09...not sure if that information helps?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
xclusive

I say you call Riverside I just ordered a kit for my 4dr 2009 sedan and he said that if its a sedan it should have the wires there, now on the coupes you have to make sure the wires are there. I would give them a call maybe they can check by VIN ??
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

I tried asking them through their ebay store...here is their reply:

"For all 2008 and up g35,g37 sedans are pre-wired for the paddle shifters. But for the 2008 and up g37 coupes only some of them are pre-wired. But we wont be able to check by the vin. You will have to take the steering cover's off and check. But there have been some people that didn't have the wiring but were able to figure it out how to connect the paddle shifter's on the g37 coupe."

Also, looks like a few others have had the same problem I had:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...available.html

Sucks because when I took it apart, it took me a while to put everything back...and it required quite a bit of bending of the original trim parts, and I'm afraid to scratch it up again. :P argh!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Rainmaker66
Registered Member

Why don't you just have Infiniti of Mission Viejo install them? They did mine.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just installed mine in April. I have the 2009 Sedan Journey with Premium pkg. My car was manufactured in August 2009. I also thought when I took the steering column apart that I didn't have the wiring harness. I needed to look closer as they were taped up and hidden behind the tape. Look at the first photo and you can see on the right side that the photo shows the wire harness tucked in behind tape. Then the next photo shows the same side once the tape had been removed and exposed the wire harness. Perhaps you just missed them. Good luck! I was fortunate to get a good deal on my set as a member had returned their leased car. I paid $150 for the whole kit. The only thing is that paddles are grey as opposed to black. Everything is black to match the dashboard's color. I don't notice it so it doesn't bother me. I saved over $100.
Attached Thumbnails Paddle shifter kit-paddle-hidden-wires.jpg   Paddle shifter kit-paddle-installed-wire-exposed.jpg  
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Ahh thanks for that information. I'm seriously hoping that I missed them. Perhaps I'll have to go back in there and try it again. The only thing different between what you and I did is that I didn't take off my steering wheel when I checked.

If I don't have the wiring, then I'll have to fab some up. Doesn't seem too difficult, just lazy to go to the dealership to pick up the m66 connectors.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Well, I just checked and I know for sure that I DON'T have the wiring. I ended up having to put the paddles on anyways because the original trim took quite a beating from removing/reinstalling. I'm gonna just make up some new wiring soon. Mod, can you close this thread because I'm just gonna end up keeping these. Thanks everybody for your help.

Failed miserably lol

Last edited by bingpwr; 09-25-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:14 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Price dropped to $210! Bump!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
bingpwr
Registered Member

New pictures here! $200 + shipping!!! Pics are in a rar file since they were so large in size.

Paddle Shifter Pictures.rar
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
sammy917

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bingpwr
I have a brand new Paddle Shifter kit from Riverside Infiniti for sale. I didn't do my part in checking for the wires beforehand, but I read everywhere that Journey coupes could have the shifters. Turns out, it seems like you need the navigation package or something because my Journey + premium package doesn't have the pre-wiring. So before you decide to buy, please check your car! The DIY for this is here:

I opened the box, but it was never fully installed. It turns out my car never came with the wiring so

$200 + shipping (firm). Local preferred, located in Irvine CA.

Here are new pictures. Since the pictures are large, I had to zip them into a rar file and post them up on a file sharing site (mediafire). Here is the link to the rar file that contains all of the pictures.
Paddle Shifter Pictures.rar

for install method #2 (without removing the steering wheel), should the battery still be unplugged?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

I don't imagine that you would need to, but I always do when it comes to electrical stuff just to be safe.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
bump for a great guy, someone buy these!

Quick Reply: FS Paddle shifter kit