Picture Share G Vert Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Vert.

Clearcorners.com Painted Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I can't speak for what you did in the past, but I have seen their work in person and they are most certainly NOT a cheesy piece of Home Depot fluorescent light cover by a long shot. I don't know where you got that from but it's not even close to being true. The link I posted to shows a DIY of how to make one exactly like OEM. Maybe they do that to make their own and maybe they source them from elsewhere, I don't know. But I do know that they aren't what you are saying they are.

I also don't know what type of LEDs they use, the ones I've seen of theirs are plenty bright enough though.
Oh, do you work there?

You cant be so sure of what they did or didnt do unless you did it.

From what we see in those pictures that clear reflector looks exactly like the stuff igor posted. Not like a clear replica of the oem amber reflector.

We know how to make clear replicas, its just too time consuming to do. So were looking into having them mass produced.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
Oh, do you work there?

From what we see in those pictures that clear reflector looks exactly like the stuff igor posted. Not like a clear replica of the oem amber reflector.

We know how to make clear replicas, its just too time consuming to do. So were looking into having them mass produced.
I'm not looking to argue with you or anyone else. I'm just telling you what I have seen and touched personally, not making assumptions about what I think it is without knowledge. In the photo it can look like whatever you say it looks like to you. I saw and touched their work firsthand in person - not photos - and it wasn't any type of hardware store part cut to fit. If that's what you think it is or want to claim it is or what it looks like to you, so be it. I'm stating a fact that I saw firsthand, not my opinion or guess.

It's not really about what you can or can't make or how time consuming it is, the OP just posted his lights for all to see. I think we know where you stand on your opinion of them. Be sure to post up when you have them available, I'm sure lots of folks will be interested in them and I hope you do well.

No, I don't work there.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by camp3r
It's just you!
Hmmm...

Maybe it's just me afterall.. did for a sec look like it was off
Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam, it's probably because of the reflection or sand stuck in ur screen
Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I posted what I did about the clear amber side markers, I drew that conclusion from the info on the www.clearcorners.com web-site as well as their pictures.
- Each headlamp utilizes 75 wide-angle white high-intensity LEDs for the parking lamp and is visible from a multitude of angles.
- Ultra low-profile LED rings are discrete and do not interfere with light optics.
- Integrated white LED clearance lamp.
- Unlike lower quality Cold-Cathode Fluorescent (CCFL) rings, LED technology does not require bulky voltage inverters and will continue to operate at temperatures under 50° F.
- Amber clearance lamp lens is replaced and upgraded with more efficient clear lens.
- OE clearance lamp bulb opening is filled and eliminated.
- A total of 93 amber high-intensity LEDs are used for turn signal illumination.
- Clear signal diffuser lens offers better visibility & increased safety.
- Fog lights are upgraded with H1 Premium or H1 Gold bulbs.
- Lights come with 1-year defect-free warranty.

And this picture which looks pretty good to me. http://www.clearcorners.com/products...amp1/QAA_4.jpg

And I emailed them about the clear marker.

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
Oh, do you work there?

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm not looking to argue with you or anyone else. I'm just telling you what I have seen and touched personally, not making assumptions about what I think it is without knowledge. In the photo it can look like whatever you say it looks like to you. I saw and touched their work firsthand in person - not photos - and it wasn't any type of hardware store part cut to fit. If that's what you think it is or want to claim it is or what it looks like to you, so be it. I'm stating a fact that I saw firsthand, not my opinion or guess.

It's not really about what you can or can't make or how time consuming it is, the OP just posted his lights for all to see. I think we know where you stand on your opinion of them. Be sure to post up when you have them available, I'm sure lots of folks will be interested in them and I hope you do well.

No, I don't work there.

Last edited by HamstersG; 12-26-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:33 AM
g37vanbc

The pictures on their website are of my headlights. There is no difference in color on my bumper.. It is the reflection of my house that makes it look darker... The pearl makes it look a different color depending on the light and reflections around.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:39 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i think some of it comes from the fact that the bumper and fenders are not properly aligned...most likely from taking the bumper off to do the headlights. you should loosen the bolts and adjust the bumper to have it line up better. if you need help, there is a diy on here somewhere.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG that is very sicko. Love the LEDs in the projector.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have seen two sets of their headlights in person (on G35) and I will say the work is amazing.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I think these are some of the best looking headlights I've seen.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
nogoodname
Banned

looks good because it's a different style... something newer
Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn those are smokin hot lights. One of the best looking custom headlight jobs I've seen. Kudos man.

Mind PMing me how much it cost you?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:55 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Damn those are smokin hot lights. One of the best looking custom headlight jobs I've seen. Kudos man.

Mind PMing me how much it cost you?
ClearCorners.Com [ infiniti ]
Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks NoGood!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
nogoodname
Banned

like 2500 for the whole deal...