Picture Share G Sedan Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Sedan.

Follow up on my '10 G37S 6MT & Quick Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Follow up on my '10 G37S 6MT & Quick Shoot

WARNING, VERY LONG... READ IF YOU'RE BORED OR INTERESTED.

So today is my 10th day of ownership, and I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying this more than my CLS55 AMG... a lot more, this car brings absolute joy to my life and I can't get enough of driving it, 10 days and I'm near hitting 1000 miles.

The difference between driving a 480HP automatic and a 300HP stick is day and night, it's incomparable, it's like apples and orange, summer and winter, or Tupac and Biggie... 2 different tastes, feels, experiences. A car on stick is a true divers car, your car molds around your style of driving, and as soon as someone else drives it... it feels completely different to you. Now the difference between a 300HP auto and a 300HP stick... is Rosie O'Donnell and Adrianna Lima, at least to me. Auto G's are so sluggish, so unpredictable, so... restricting, it's a 60yo baby sitter you wish you never had when you were 8 years old... COMPARED to a 6MT G. I've driven more than 40 different automatic G's, from modded to stock, from oldest to newest I could officially say that in terms of driving... automatic G35/7's are strictly for getting from point A to B hassle free with no driving enjoyment. There are several dozen of members on here who I know personally who drive automatics, and I can say that those cars... fit their style of driving, they enjoy the car for it's style, reliability, and price, so I'm not saying auto's are wack in all cases, just when it comes to actually driving your car for enjoyment purposes, if you think you enjoy driving your automatic G for pleasure... try a 6MT. I need 100% full control of my car, that's something you don't get with auto's. As for auto vs stick in a race... I'll admit that unless you're a perfect stick driver, you're gunna get your *** handed to you, but I came from a 480HP supercharged V8 that would tare *** and do 0-60 in under 4.5, but having a car on stick... being quicker than someone else, is the least of my concerns. Still learning to drive stick I feel that my car is quick enough... for now, I don't race because I know I'll get my *** handed to me, so I'm enjoying it purely for the control of the car.

Enough about stick...

On to the difference between the 09's and 10's. Just like the change from 04 to 05, it's a huge difference in terms of appearance, makes you think...how the **** did they not think of this earlier, or did they, and decide to save it for last before they completely redesigned the G? The 2 lines added to the front bumper/lights change the look of the sedan drastically, it's SOO much more aggressive, makes the older 2nd gen look like a bitch, I really couldn't ask for a better facelift, it's truly stunning, and the modding possibilities... are endless.

The interior in terms of technology is a step forward as well. Higher resolution nav, much quicker in terms of entering your destination, and navigating through other controls. Weather forecast at the touch of your finger, instant traffic updates, and my favorite... the USB drive, one thing I hated that BMW had, and Infiniti didn't.... and finally does, a multifunction feature with no tacky RCA jacks from the 90's, or iPod wires and ports. Another option I love is the Bluetooth Audio... I use Pandora on my phones a lot, every time I'm in the shower, my Blackberry is there with me playing the music I love, so now... every time I'm in the car, Pandora automatically starts up, I change my audio source to Bluetooth Audio, and have full control over Pandora right through my navigation screen, as soon as I leave the car, Pandora pauses, and goes into idle.

Now for the little things in appearance that make the difference. I'm a huge fan of little chrome accents on the interior, but the opposite for exterior, to me... exterior should never have anything in common with the interior. For the 10's, the Navigation dial is now chrome(I love it lol), used to be silver, the washi trim is a lot darker, and has a nicer deep pattern to it, I actually like it... and plan to keep it till it wears down so I can do some cool stuff to it. The cluster is much nicer looking, I hated the center display that would always stay RED in the previous years, over all the interior is very refreshing. One thing I might alter in the future is relocate the navigation controls into the ashtray compartment so I can navigate with my palm resting on the shifter.

Last but not least.... before the pictures, the mods. So far... I've only spend $90 on this thing and here's what I got done so far.

H&R Springs, slammed the front, mild drop in the rear, ride comfort is almost the same as stock to be honest, it just feels lower, but takes bumps same as stock.... I've always been careful driving around ditches, potholes, or wavy roads so I don't have a problem with hitting **** and bottoming out. This is by far going to be my favorite mod till I get sway bars, or go FI... lol. Changes the look of the car drastically, looks more aggressive.

I'll end up getting some spacers eventually, and a set of 19" OEM's (which ever come cheaper).

I'm trying to spend as least amount of money out of pocket on this car as possible because I'm going to put it towards the big mods, so the mods I end up doing either cost me nothing, or I got them at a crackhead price.

Blacked out the window trim, again... I hate chrome with passion so my 1st priority was to black everything out asap. It's flat black for now, and is easily removable so I'll end up change it up a little in a few weeks.

Blacked out the grille, the chrome trunk spoiler, and the rear emblems, left a portion of the "S" red, the rest black, love the detail

Did front pillars in suede, and AC vents in black, will eventually do the rest of the pillars and headliner.

As for the headlights, you'd think that would be the first thing I did, but honestly... taking care of my customers as quickly as I can, I hardly have anytime for my own headlights, but eventually I'll get to it and blow people away

Enough bull****ting, take a look at some of the pics I snapped real quick after work before I had to run to Staten Island to pick u Stoof for the meet.

And me taking a good ol leak into the Hudson River facing the Statue of Liberty and dirty *** Jersey
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dam man, sick.

Can't wait to see this thing transform..
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
very nice pictures.
Car looks great, love the painted emblems!
did you paint the chrome on the "S" a well?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Beautiful pics; how hard is it to black out the exterior chrome trim?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM
deepFlip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice man, loving the grill n emblems.

cant wait for more.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice!!!! I love it. Get some tint on there soon.

Did you sell the CLS?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very nice. I like the black emblems. I blacked out my chome too, and just got the wheels powder coated.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...rt-wheels.html
Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
trdprincess

Great picss i love the way the new sedan looks especially the front bumber
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Lucky_One

f***ing awesome looking G!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
qb37Xs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Great pics, and I'm loving the mods thus far. Nuff respect for going with H & Rs, can't wait to get my Eibachs on. Looking forward to seeing more mods.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
mswistak14

Amazing pics! You have some camera there!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
xlack
Registered Member

ure right about the front bumper. it is absolutely stunning what they did to the facelift. on a side note, i dont know why infiniti is selling midnight grilles when blacked out ones look x100 times better IMO

that's a perfect drop imo.. can't wait for the transformation, it's gonna be one sexy sedan

also.. black is the perfect choice especially for a sedan!!! hands downnnn

Originally Posted by myk1013
very nice pictures.
Car looks great, love the painted emblems!
did you paint the chrome on the "S" a well?
good catch! did u?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 PM
britishmutt

Originally Posted by mswistak14
Amazing pics! You have some camera there!
Amazing pics, you have some talent there!

Oh, the car's nice too
Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
i just thought i'd share that your POST and PICTURES inspired my purchase today. the same '10 G37S 6MT but with the addition of the lip. thanks man!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Nice!!!! I love it. Get some tint on there soon.

Did you sell the CLS?
Not doing the typical tint job, I can't afford to get pulled over, plus I want to try something different.

Yep, sold the CLS... too many problems, plus I was paying crazy numbers on the finance because it was for one year... only thing I miss about it was brakes.

Originally Posted by xlack
ure right about the front bumper. it is absolutely stunning what they did to the facelift. on a side note, i dont know why infiniti is selling midnight grilles when blacked out ones look x100 times better IMO

that's a perfect drop imo.. can't wait for the transformation, it's gonna be one sexy sedan

also.. black is the perfect choice especially for a sedan!!! hands downnnn

good catch! did u?
Thanks, yeah I'm definitely not a fan of a $350 grille that still looks like shyt.

And yes, I was hoping someone would catch the "S", only the chrome is blacked out, and the S is still red.
Originally Posted by eksigned
i just thought i'd share that your POST and PICTURES inspired my purchase today. the same '10 G37S 6MT but with the addition of the lip. thanks man!
Nice ! I'm glad to hear that... post up some pics, I want to see what the lip looks like, I'd love to get one... but my front is too low, I'll rip it off in one day considering I put over 100 miles a day on the car through Brooklyn streets, I hit my oil pan every other day...

I'm getting a roof wing installed tomorrow, and will eventually get to the headlights and redo all the flat black trim, grille and emblems to different shade of color

I'm also waiting on some fabric from a few different clothes designers who work for big shot companies in the fashion district in the city, my hands are itching to do the door panels, headliner and pillars. Aside from that, also looking to get some sway bars, and I have black injen intakes laying around that I might install for shyts and giggles.

Quick Reply: Follow up on my '10 G37S 6MT & Quick Shoot