Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Sneak PeeK IPL Vossen CV3's Project!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Nice and clean set up Jonathan, look much better in person though
Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Sharkroy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I'm kind of new here, and I know Vossen Wheels is like a board sponsor or something, so I'll probably be banned LOL, but aren't Vossen Wheels pretty heavy? They're not forged like other high end/light wheels, so I don't quite get why so many people here are into them. Don't get it twisted, I think some of the designs look VERY sweet. But even if ship anchors looked like Kate Beckinsdale, I still wouldn't bolt them to my car. Maybe I'm from too much of a drag racing/muscle car backround, but to me, any Mod choice has to take into account weight savings. Why pay a bunch of $$ for a nice looking Mod if it's going to take away a (little) % of performance and economy. Of course I'm not saying don't put cool looking wheels on a car, they are a must!, but there are lots of great looking ones that are also very light (and in some cases, better priced). Same can be said for some other mods I guess, and everybody should go with what makes them excited. I don't mean flame anyone's choice (I hate when people on boards use their personal taste to tell others how wrong their choice of grill color was, etc. LOL) I just think its odd that a majority of people don't think along the lines of what's to really to gain from a Mod, over what is currently popular or faddish.

Sorry for the soap box, and again OP, your car looks awesome, I just see so much Vossen stuff on this forum and I didn't quite get why they have gotten so widespread on here (unless they are giving crazy discounts to members, like 60% or something) and a 20" Vossen is probably no heavier than an OEM 19", it's just not as light as any of the Forged choices out there.

Last edited by Sharkroy1; 05-07-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Well our stock 19s are 26 1/2 and 27 1/2 pounds F&R CV3s are 27/28 pounds F&R. Performance is still there. Check this out!

Vossen Project Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG Tuned by RENNtech - YouTube
Old 05-07-2012, 02:29 AM
ReD2847

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I already asked about the 19" cv3 and was told they will weigh either the same or less than the stock sport wheels. In 20" size they are only 1/2 lbs. heavier than our stock 19s. So they may not be as light as Volks but they certainly aren't too heavy and IMO they look nicer than most aftermarket wheels out there.

As long as I'm the same weight or lighter than stock I say it's all good, plus they look way nicer too.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Sharkroy1

@VossenWheels, Very Cool car in the video! And I mean no disrespect to you in my previous post, but your data supports my point. Even though, they are only .5 lbs heavier than OEM, and therefore no more detrimental to performance than OEM, they offer no Gain in performance either (but admittedly a BIG gain in appearance) at a price that is as/or more expensive than many Forged choices . And shouldn't performance be at least one of the most important parts of a Modification? Now I really like how they look, far better than a lot of other choices out there. But a Forged wheel would be around 20.5-22 lbs, as well as stronger than a cast wheel (even pressure castings). And 6 pounds per corner is a big deal. It's been a while since I've looked up the formula, so don't quote me exactly here, but 6 pounds of rotating weight at 80 mph, is equivalent to something close to 20 lbs at speed. So saving 80 lbs at speed is like throwing your girlfriend out of the car (well, not mine, but somebody's girl is maybe that light .

Last edited by Sharkroy1; 05-07-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 AM
NiceG37s

Ladies and gentle ment I happy to day I will be picking up the midnight grill today, looks like its a must
Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Purpul

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks incredible.I got a PG too and someday it will look like yours
Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
ReD2847

Originally Posted by NiceG37s
Ladies and gentle ment I happy to day I will be picking up the midnight grill today, looks like its a must
+1 on that. I think you should grab the S spoiler as well!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkroy1
@VossenWheels, Very Cool car in the video! And I mean no disrespect to you in my previous post, but your data supports my point. Even though, they are only .5 lbs heavier than OEM, and therefore no more detrimental to performance than OEM, they offer no Gain in performance either (but admittedly a BIG gain in appearance) at a price that is as/or more expensive than many Forged choices . And shouldn't performance be at least one of the most important parts of a Modification? Now I really like how they look, far better than a lot of other choices out there. But a Forged wheel would be around 20.5-22 lbs, as well as stronger than a cast wheel (even pressure castings). And 6 pounds per corner is a big deal. It's been a while since I've looked up the formula, so don't quote me exactly here, but 6 pounds of rotating weight at 80 mph, is equivalent to something close to 20 lbs at speed. So saving 80 lbs at speed is like throwing your girlfriend out of the car (well, not mine, but somebody's girl is maybe that light .

To each there own man, me personally and this is coming from owning the car 4 years as well as having friends with various more expensive wheels, you wont see a difference for daily driving the G37 around town, to school, work etc... Yes we all look for performance but how much you looking to get out the g37 really? unless you plan on tracking the car then it may make sense to go 3 piece forged but truthfully CV1s,2s or 3s won't effect performance whatsoever. Many local Gs have seen my car in action with Vossen Wheels and i gotta be honest lots are suprised how awesome the car rides/handles and out performes stock Gs. Just my experience trying 18 diff sets of wheels/Tire packages inlcuding being on stocks currently and still i miss my 20s lol. They offer a great staggered set-up as well with 20x9.0 Front and 20x10.5 Rears.

LOL at throwing out the chick LOL!!!

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 05-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
BooSa37

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
You will see CV4,5 & 7s in person I am bringing the goods :-)
Can't wait

Ps. Cv3 do go well with the PG, vossen FTW!!!!