Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

G37s on Varrstoens

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkey
I have not run into that encounter that people thought the varrstoen line were originaters. My wife even knows the fake vs real, but that's beside the point.

"Because its a 45k car".... I say that's stupid not because it is a 40-45k car new. But times have changed and its getting cheap.

I say its stupid because some people classify it as that but still manage to put the cheap suspension (Megan/sportline etc) or the cheap "mods" like.plastidip and carbon fiber vinyl. Its kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

Modding is in everyone's blood but if someone.is going to bash someone else by their purchase choices and say its cheap and what not, then proceed to mod their cars with what I stated above. That's when I think that statement is stupid..
trust me man, i have never praised anyone that was rocking megans, BC's, varrs, or even plastidippin thier parts... so i am not being hypocritical... but youre right, i cant tell people how to spend their own money or tell em to mod their car this or that way, but i belive i can educate people on what part is fake and worth less and what part is superior!

every has different taste, some parts that i might like, you may hate, and some parts that you like, i may hate, its vice versa. everyone has the right to their opinion, and if they post up what they just purchased on a public forum like this, i believe i have the right to say whats on my mind, and so does everyone else, i simply came in this thread to state what i had to say, i didnt mean to turn this thread into another authentic VS fake thread, but i guess one's negative comment can change the way people think....
Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kchu221
trust me man, i have never praised anyone that was rocking megans, BC's, varrs, or even plastidippin thier parts... so i am not being hypocritical... but youre right, i cant tell people how to spend their own money or tell em to mod their car this or that way, but i belive i can educate people on what part is fake and worth less and what part is superior!

every has different taste, some parts that i might like, you may hate, and some parts that you like, i may hate, its vice versa. everyone has the right to their opinion, and if they post up what they just purchased on a public forum like this, i believe i have the right to say whats on my mind, and so does everyone else, i simply came in this thread to state what i had to say, i didnt mean to turn this thread into another authentic VS fake thread, but i guess one's negative comment can change the way people think....
I'm not putting you out there as critical, I meant the general population. As it seems when I first got my g, everyone was about PD and CF vinyl and no one.said anything about it being a 45 k so don't cheap out.

This is a public forum as per my post count I don't say anything unless it warrants a voice out. The Guy that stated the handgun post irked me in a way that I even though I lurked through the thread and saw this and that, fake is fake and real is real talk went about I just kept on lurking

Would I buy varrs? Hell yeah...
Would I buy real Volks or works, fawking bet your *** I would ...

Educating and telling someone that their cheap and shouldn't own a 45k car because all the parts should be of 45 k value, is 2 separate things.

All I'm simply saying, is telling someone that their parts are fake is enough. But when it gets to analogies and such, in the end its their decision to go through with the consequences.

And secondly, telling people its a 45k car and don't cheap out when parts that commenter s are supporting are also fake or a replica. That's hypocritical and again I'm not pointing fingers but as a Lurker, it is what it is
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
haha Plastidip, Megan, Carbon fiber vinyl... Seriously? Who "praises" those mods? Those mods are rice too!

If you're going to go carbon fiber... have it wrapped or buy dry/quality real carbon.
Plastidip... is for civic's. If these are the mods you wish to perform on your car you should have bought a rice rocket and not a luxury sports coupe.
It happened, still is happening
Old 12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Let's hope you are not in business for yourself or run a business. This is not how business works at all...

Competition, even from "knockoffs" should help bring the prices down. When your competition is affecting your revenue, you have to make adjustments to your own pricing to gain back market share.

It doesn't mean you have to bring your prices down to that same level, but bring it down enough so that people would seriously consider spending the extra money to buy the "authentic" instead of completely overlooking it because it is too expensive. With more revenue, even with less profit margin, you do recoup more of the R&D costs over time and increase profits overall. It's all about volume to recoup your cost and make profit, not higher profit margin on your sales because your competition is taking part of your market share.

Raising prices like you stated, and blaming it on "knockoffs", only ensures that you will lose even more market share...that's not the thing to do in business.

I am in no way advocating that all "knockoffs" are of good quality...just stating the business portion.

Soo your saying that since there are so many knock off LV bags in China that LV should lower their price to compete with them, while maintaining the same quality and still constantly come out with new original designs?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i rocked varrstoens once. they looked nice, i bought em, fit well, then sold them two weeks later and placed my 3peice order lol. Only and last set i ever bough of rep wheels
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
G37s-Dawg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was randomly on here looking at stuff and saw that my thread from forever ago and thought I'd take a look. Here's some pics of the car now. Work wheels coming next month.
Name:  425401_3383780642649_360914315_n.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  68.5 KB
Name:  69486_10151193256188752_2017266633_n_zps782ef4d8.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  196.8 KB
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM
TheGanglyGoon

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
whats your rear camber at?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:18 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
New lip does look a lot better! Looking forward to the upgraded wheels too!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM
RCL

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nothing wrong with varrstoens....but eventually you realize they don't command the same respect and wow factor that real wheels do, and more importantly, youll realize that you giving money to these rep companies is hurting the scene. Support the companies that r&d and produce real parts for our cars, not just imitations.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM
dvsgp6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of the new wheels yet?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
kristof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is getting retarded. Bet the OP didn't expect this when they posted originally lol
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kchu221
trust me man, i have never praised anyone that was rocking megans...
I actually have a Megan axle back on my car and it is working as designed quite well. I decided against Tanabe because $800 is just ridiculous for some pipe and mufflers.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sython
I actually have a Megan axle back on my car and it is working as designed quite well. I decided against Tanabe because $800 is just ridiculous for some pipe and mufflers.
Thats good for you, i cant tell people how to use their own money so do as you wish!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
G37s-Dawg

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kristof
This thread is getting retarded. Bet the OP didn't expect this when they posted originally lol
dude you have no idea
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
What camber are you running OP ?

Quick Reply: G37s on Varrstoens