Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

G37s on Varrstoens

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Emillion45

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
So if I gave you a revolver with 3 bullets in it and you held it your head, you would pull the trigger because there is a "chance" that something bad wont happen just to save 500/1000 bucks?

Losing a wheel while driving would put your life in DANGER. If that makes any sense. Anyone?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I agree, I would never risk my life, let alone other's driving on the road or riding in the car.

Thats not even to mention the ethics for me. How would you like to develop a product and research and develop it, and then have someone just make a sh!tty knockoff for 1/5 the price.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Emillion45
So if I gave you a revolver with 3 bullets in it and you held it your head, you would pull the trigger because there is a "chance" that something bad wont happen just to save 500/1000 bucks?

Losing a wheel while driving would put your life in DANGER. If that makes any sense. Anyone?
I'm sorry but this is the dumbest thing I read in this thread. Who in the right mind would shoot themselves because you handed them a pistol.

People are going to buy what they are going to buy. Like someone stated "there's a lot more dangerous things then fake wheels that people do to their cars".

You don't like varrstoen or any other replica wheel company, go vent to them directly rather then bashing the consumer about buying parts. Yes its the consumer s fault for supporting companies who replicate items. It unfortunate, but this shiat happens everyday in everyday life, big or small.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
You guys make no sense! Replica wheels arent the cause of wheels breaking. It is how they are made!! Not all replica wheels are make bad. Some? Sure! It cuts down on costs. And i can name 5 reputable wheel companies that make "authentic wheel designs" that use the same process to make their wheels as Varrstoens does. I can also name 5 wheel companies that make replica wheels that are made better then those authetic brands. Any wheel can break with the right amount of force.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:50 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BluestickG
You guys make no sense! Replica wheels arent the cause of wheels breaking. It is how they are made!! Not all replica wheels are make bad. Some? Sure! It cuts down on costs. And i can name 5 reputable wheel companies that make "authentic wheel designs" that use the same process to make their wheels as Varrstoens does. I can also name 5 wheel companies that make replica wheels that are made better then those authetic brands. Any wheel can break with the right amount of force.
can you please name em? i really wanna know....
Old 12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
ECain18

haha me 2. Just because an authentic company has cast wheels does not mean they are the same quality or worse than varrstoen. The quality of aluminum/metal etc. plays a big role. Cutting corners with cheap build materials to save $$$ is simply not worth it. If cheaper imitation wheels did not exist, authentic wheels would probably not be near the price. Think of it as an economy of scale. They have to price them higher to make profit because their designs have been forged and who would buy a 4500 wheel when they can spend 1500 on a cheap knock off. They probably only sell 1/10 of their potential due to the price difference. Kinda sad, especially when you have a 45K car
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM
pgviper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
VMR is a proven VW and BMW replica wheel company that has only recently started making the g37 bolt pattern. I plan on picking up VMR V710's in the spring. People can call me cheap all they want, I say I did my research and found what works best for me.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM
sharkey

Originally Posted by ECain18
haha me 2. Just because an authentic company has cast wheels does not mean they are the same quality or worse than varrstoen. The quality of aluminum/metal etc. plays a big role. Cutting corners with cheap build materials to save $$$ is simply not worth it. If cheaper imitation wheels did not exist, authentic wheels would probably not be near the price. Think of it as an economy of scale. They have to price them higher to make profit because their designs have been forged and who would buy a 4500 wheel when they can spend 1500 on a cheap knock off. They probably only sell 1/10 of their potential due to the price difference. Kinda sad, especially when you have a 45K car
if they werent cheaper wheel companies, forged wheel would still be at the price they are now. Your economic scale is almost invalid, why? Its because they are not only forged but the process of testing and tuning.

the whole "because you have a 45k car" is stupid, because its not only the wheels that people cheap out on. No one says anything but high praises when someone "plastidips" there grill/rims/emblems....

High praises when someone carbon vinyls their interior, its a nice mod.
Suspension pieces and the like..

i agree that companies shut down because of replicated parts, but replica parts will always be around.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkey
if they werent cheaper wheel companies, forged wheel would still be at the price they are now. Your economic scale is almost invalid, why? Its because they are not only forged but the process of testing and tuning.

the whole "because you have a 45k car" is stupid, because its not only the wheels that people cheap out on. No one says anything but high praises when someone "plastidips" there grill/rims/emblems....

High praises when someone carbon vinyls their interior, its a nice mod.
Suspension pieces and the like..

i agree that companies shut down because of replicated parts, but replica parts will always be around.
your right, replica companies will always be around, but that doesnt mean we cant educate the people that are not educated on these type of stuff and think varrstoen is actually the originators of the TE37 wheel... trust me ive seen couple people that actually thought that, and i had to educate them on what is real and what is not... but the phrase "because you have 45k car" is not stupid at all... why would you replace a part on your car with something thats worse then what it already came with?? dont people mod and replace the parts because the part youre replacing it with plays the same role, but better?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 PM
ECain18

in the economy of scale statement, the R&D costs would be spread out over more units sold, hence a lower price. So its not invalid, it would be distributed over more so the overall cost is less. But, yes they will definitely always be around sadly and it does hurt the market. And yes again, people do praise others for plastidiping something that isn't. Not my style so I don't
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM
sharkey

Originally Posted by kchu221
your right, replica companies will always be around, but that doesnt mean we cant educate the people that are not educated on these type of stuff and think varrstoen is actually the originators of the TE37 wheel... trust me ive seen couple people that actually thought that, and i had to educate them on what is real and what is not... but the phrase "because you have 45k car" is not stupid at all... why would you replace a part on your car with something thats worse then what it already came with?? dont people mod and replace the parts because the part youre replacing it with plays the same role, but better?
I have not run into that encounter that people thought the varrstoen line were originaters. My wife even knows the fake vs real, but that's beside the point.

"Because its a 45k car".... I say that's stupid not because it is a 40-45k car new. But times have changed and its getting cheap.

I say its stupid because some people classify it as that but still manage to put the cheap suspension (Megan/sportline etc) or the cheap "mods" like.plastidip and carbon fiber vinyl. Its kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

Modding is in everyone's blood but if someone.is going to bash someone else by their purchase choices and say its cheap and what not, then proceed to mod their cars with what I stated above. That's when I think that statement is stupid..
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM
TastefullyDoneG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn..different strokes for different folks.. dude just wanted to post picture of his car with Varrstoens and thread blew up lol
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
sharkey

in the economy of scale statement, the R&D costs would be spread out over more units sold, hence a lower price. So its not invalid, it would be distributed over more so the overall cost is less. But, yes they will definitely always be around sadly and it does hurt the market. And yes again, people do praise others for plastidiping something that isn't. Not my style so I don't
Ok, so its not invalid, and that s what I was getting at....
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's hope you are not in business for yourself or run a business. This is not how business works at all...

Competition, even from "knockoffs" should help bring the prices down. When your competition is affecting your revenue, you have to make adjustments to your own pricing to gain back market share.

It doesn't mean you have to bring your prices down to that same level, but bring it down enough so that people would seriously consider spending the extra money to buy the "authentic" instead of completely overlooking it because it is too expensive. With more revenue, even with less profit margin, you do recoup more of the R&D costs over time and increase profits overall. It's all about volume to recoup your cost and make profit, not higher profit margin on your sales because your competition is taking part of your market share.

Raising prices like you stated, and blaming it on "knockoffs", only ensures that you will lose even more market share...that's not the thing to do in business.

I am in no way advocating that all "knockoffs" are of good quality...just stating the business portion.

Last edited by tejasg37x; 12-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkey
I have not run into that encounter that people thought the varrstoen line were originaters. My wife even knows the fake vs real, but that's beside the point.

"Because its a 45k car".... I say that's stupid not because it is a 40-45k car new. But times have changed and its getting cheap.

I say its stupid because some people classify it as that but still manage to put the cheap suspension (Megan/sportline etc) or the cheap "mods" like.plastidip and carbon fiber vinyl. Its kind of hypocritical in my opinion.

Modding is in everyone's blood but if someone.is going to bash someone else by their purchase choices and say its cheap and what not, then proceed to mod their cars with what I stated above. That's when I think that statement is stupid..
haha Plastidip, Megan, Carbon fiber vinyl... Seriously? Who "praises" those mods? Those mods are rice too!

If you're going to go carbon fiber... have it wrapped or buy dry/quality real carbon.
Plastidip... is for civic's. If these are the mods you wish to perform on your car you should have bought a rice rocket and not a luxury sports coupe.

Quick Reply: G37s on Varrstoens