Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

G37s on Varrstoens

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM
pgviper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BeefMaster
Seriously. Majority of the Bimmers I see all runs those VMR's & Avant Gardes (HRE Reps). But you can't go bashing on people cause they are running replicas. Especially Varrstoen. They make quality wheels and are as durable as any other Low Pressure Cast out there. You think their business would be that great if their wheels are breaking left and right ? Seriously. Not everyone has the money or wants go ball out on 5k rims, but likes the style.
I 100% agree. Everyone has a budget for their car and in many people's cases, you can't justify dropping 4-5k in wheels/tires, 2k in suspension parts and even $300 on a splitter. In my opinion, that money is better spent on a supercharger while maintaining the stock look.

Props to the OP on the ride. Home depot splitter or not, it adds a nice look. Fender roll could have been better and wheels add a nice touch.

Like someone mentioned earlier, plastidip or paint that chrome piece along the trunk and I think you are pretty good.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sython
Ok. Then go on the BMW forums and knock all of the members who have been running CSL reps (made by VMR) on their cars for years, because the cost of authentic wheels is in the stratosphere. Believe it or not, there are quality replica brands out there.

I like how you all are preaching safety but this forum will cheer for a guy who has a slammed car on a stretched tire.
Really bro?? So if a ding dong goes and jumps off a bridge, youre gonna do it too... People that rock knockoffs willingly accept that its not the original... then people get mad if one of their replica wheels breaks or malfunctions... just be aware... Hey, it looks good but its dangerous, all im saying... im surprised i havent bent my volks on uneven pavement
and horrible potholes...

I know that there are reputable cheap, knockoffs, replica brands outhere, but dont think Varrstoen is one of them... Volks can witstand F1 rigorous conditions so it can easily handle street conditions... Thats why they are not cheap...

Originally Posted by BeefMaster
Seriously. Majority of the Bimmers I see all runs those VMR's & Avant Gardes (HRE Reps). But you can't go bashing on people cause they are running replicas. Especially Varrstoen. They make quality wheels and are as durable as any other Low Pressure Cast out there. You think their business would be that great if their wheels are breaking left and right ? Seriously. Not everyone has the money or wants go ball out on 5k rims, but likes the style.
LMAO! oK... Heres a G37 enthusiast with this cheap, knockoff, replica, yet durable, quality wheels for you, Varrstoen TE37 replica...

Name:  fail.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  69.1 KB

----> Wheel specs..Varrstoen ES 2.2.2 in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5
----> Hit a pothole at 40-45 mph
----> Lugs held-on
----> Coilovers held-on
----> SPC camber kit held-on
----> Only thing that didnt, is the Varrstoen...
----> Entire Barrel came off!

Name:  fail.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  69.1 KB

The damage cost is $10k... Real Volk TE37 on 19's... easily $3.5k brand new... would you rather risk it???? Ask yourself this, what if that damage wouldve happened in the freeway at higher speeds!!!???

Go to youtube and watch how Volks are made and the safety standards they follow... Varrstoen wouldnt make it out of that warehouse in one piece... are you guys really arguing this? Please!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fail.jpg (69.1 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by frty9rsfn; 11-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
well i mean i can't tell you guys how to spend your money, but i believe im entitled to my own opinion, as you all are also, but honestly this kind of **** is whats killing the JDM community... always praising people for cutting corners... lets face it, varsstolens are replicas of the authentic VOLK TE37 rights...? so lets say volks never came out with this design, who could have VArrs copied off of?? no body... they prolly wouldnt even have existed if it wasnt for TE's, since im sure majority of their sales are the TE reps... also, other JDM companies are suffering from all these rep companies since the consumers are buying more of the reps instead of the authentic parts, so they cant even recoup the money they spend on actually producing the original design which is why these JDM companies come out with fewer new parts since theyre afraid of these POS rep companies....
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM
viet2100

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
OP, car is looking decent. Fenders need to be fixed and front needs more flush to match the rear.

Disregard everyone's negative comments. You knew the risk in buying Varrstoens, you don't need people to tell you in every thread.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM
zir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sick ride bro

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...ke-a-look.html

I've been rocking these bads boys since early last year. Truthfully, I hit tons of potholes, curbed the crap out of these too lol! Well... Stockton got some messed up roads bro. Good news though, sh*t held up. Now i'm on Varrstoen 422s . Again, these are also holding up good. All I'm saying is your car is sick bro, don't listen to all these preachers lol. Check this... you got a good drop, sick *** wheels... yea bro your car is sick, that's all these is to it yo!

Anyway since you thread title is g37s on Varrstoens, here's a current picture of mine with Varrstoens, had it on for a year, although these are +22

Name:  208215_3435903710889_24577451_n.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  234.5 KB

Varrstoen do pretty good job with their finish, seriously check em out
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
BH818

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by frty9rsfn
Really bro?? So if a ding dong goes and jumps off a bridge, youre gonna do it too... People that rock knockoffs willingly accept that its not the original... then people get mad if one of their replica wheels breaks or malfunctions... just be aware... Hey, it looks good but its dangerous, all im saying... im surprised i havent bent my volks on uneven pavement
and horrible potholes...

I know that there are reputable cheap, knockoffs, replica brands outhere, but dont think Varrstoen is one of them... Volks can witstand F1 rigorous conditions so it can easily handle street conditions... Thats why they are not cheap...

LMAO! oK... Heres a G37 enthusiast with this cheap, knockoff, replica, yet durable, quality wheels for you, Varrstoen TE37 replica...

----> Wheel specs..Varrstoen ES 2.2.2 in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5
----> Hit a pothole at 40-45 mph
----> Lugs held-on
----> Coilovers held-on
----> SPC camber kit held-on
----> Only thing that didnt, is the Varrstoen...
----> Entire Barrel came off!

The damage cost is $10k... Real Volk TE37 on 19's... easily $3.5k brand new... would you rather risk it???? Ask yourself this, what if that damage wouldve happened in the freeway at higher speeds!!!???

Go to youtube and watch how Volks are made and the safety standards they follow... Varrstoen wouldnt make it out of that warehouse in one piece... are you guys really arguing this? Please!
or you can get USED REAL VOLKS for $1500 with tires. piece of **** varrstoen are like $1000 brand new.

we had a customer at the shop complaining the car was vibrating we lifted the car two front rims bent and 1 cracked. The guy had a baby in the car also I was so pissed off I was going to call varrstoen and cuss them out, piece of **** company
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zir

Varrstoen do pretty good job with their finish, seriously check em out
Sick! Any side views? And I was consider some LM-R's. But I heard the +22 offset doesn't clear the bkk

On the sidenote. None of my friends running Varrstoens had issues either. And this is on ****ty LA roads.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM
zir

for other models you will need +12 to clear bbk for fronts excepts for 422s u can run +22. as for the bbk in the rears, u can run +22 or +12 any models
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Sython

Again, we praise members for having cars that are so low they cannot get into their driveways and could be a safety concern if their suspension fails or a tire blowout from being stretched (which is possible on a good pothole hit), but lambast a guy who buys a replica wheel.

It makes no sense. I don't care if they are on coils that cost as much as my Civic, there is risk of damage from other components. IMO, both are just as equally bad, but I can at least say good, quality replicas are definitely out there and do exist. Not all are bad. This brand the OP got I guess isn't the best.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Yeah I dont get it either...Im sure you can find pictures of even volks and HRE wheels that have broken. Its not so much the wheel but sometimes you just hit a really bad pot hole. it can happen to any set of wheels. Same thing happened to my moms 335i with OEM wheels.

Ud be surprised how many wheels on the market are replicas. Avant Garde, VMR, Alufegen, sportline and many many more. Yet they are all high quality wheels. just because they are replicas doesnt make the wheel a ****y wheel. Sportlines make TE37 and CSL reps yet they use flow forming process to build them which is the same process forgestar uses.

I just dont get people on this forum. Not everyone can afford 4 thousand dollar wheels. some people act like we drive a ferrari.

I like the OP's set up. Could be cleaned up a bit but over all it looks aggressive and good!

Last edited by BluestickG; 12-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:20 AM
BH818

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
replicas is the not the problem, CHEAP quality is the problem.
God bless all of you running Varrstoen rims
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 AM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zir
for other models you will need +12 to clear bbk for fronts excepts for 422s u can run +22. as for the bbk in the rears, u can run +22 or +12 any models
I see... I'm thinking about running the ES 5.5.2 with (F)9.5+12 & (R) 10.5+22. It looks like we're about the same height from the pics. What tire spec and camber are you running ? I'm thinking about running 235 up front and 265 in the rear. I really don't want to run too much stretch . Mind giving me the specs on your new setup? Any rubbings and reasons why you went +22 instead of +12 in the front. Sorry for all the questions !
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
zir

9.5 225/40 10.5 255/35 ±22 , I had to trim some liner for the rears
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM
TheGanglyGoon

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Can't say I am a fan of replica wheels or Varrstoen's but I am quite fond of how this car looks!! Minus the front fender
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Why buy a cheap cast wheel? Your car is a 40,000$ + car!?

Quick Reply: G37s on Varrstoens