Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Chi-City-G's Infiniti G37S 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Chi-City-G's Infiniti G37S 6MT

Well, I realized that I have not posted my car in it's entirety or what I have done and plan on doing to it so I figured I would. I live and work in Chicago so I do not have a need for a car and actually have another one that is my girls so my G does not see too much action to say the least. In the past year and a half that I have had it she has only had just under 6000 miles put on her. I stored it last winter and it currently sits in a storage unit already for this winter as well up near Wisconsin.

The look of my car is nothing too refreshing as many others have gone a similar route but I guess that is to be expected when our cars have so few options aesthetically. I have a few more plans that will change up the looks but it is tough to say when they will come.

I would like to thank a few people that have helped me get my car to the way it sits today as well:

Autokits X
Alex, you're the man! He has literally hooked me up with every body/visual add on that I have had for my car and has the best prices by far. I purchase the entire kit that I have currently on my car from him. I would recommend Autokits X to anyone as they make quality parts and are a great company to have in our community are they are always coming up with new, high quality, and innovative parts for our cars.

A & L Autobody (Chicago Area)
Anthony is an awesome person to work with and this place does absolutely great work. They installed my body kit and made sure it was perfect, painted it, and then made sure it was perfect again. They also did the custom paint work under my hood. Anthony loves the modding community as well and definitely hooked me up with cost. I wouldn't go anywhere else for body work.

J.E.B. Performance
On the perfomance parts end for me is John, thanks so much for your time and help. I have nearly purchased all of my upgrades from John. Not only does he have the best prices, he is very knowledgeable, owns and tracks a G, and will take the time to walk you through the right choices for what you are trying to build. He will even direct you away from parts that are not worth it for our cars even if that is the part you called to buy from him. He is very honest and very helpful. J.E.B. will definitely be getting future business from me.

Project X Customs (Chicago Area)
Eli and the guys over there are great. They literally treat your car as if it were their own on every car I have seen come through there. They are the only place I would trust with my car and they are also now a GTM registered dealer and installer so they fit in perfectly with my future plans. I wouldn't be surprised if I dropped my car off straight to there new shop when I pick it up from storage without it even coming home first.

]
Current mods:
[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

• 20” Hyper Silver/polished lip TSW Snettertons. (8.5” +17 Front - 10” +15 Rear ((offsets include the spacers)) (custom Mt. Fuji symbol center caps)
  • GT Spec Front Strut Bar
  • Hotchkis adjustable Sway bars
  • Eibach Pro kit lowering springs
  • BERK Technology cat back exhaust
  • Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
  • Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
  • Hawk ceramic brake pads
  • Takeda short ram intake
  • Samco radiator hoses
  • Muteki neo chrome lug nuts
  • Custom painted headlights with Ironman LEDs and 6000K Headlights and fogs
  • Custom painted gloss black engine bay
  • Custom gloss black interior trim kit
  • TWM A6 Leopard shift ****
  • Autokits X AIT full front bumper and side skirts
  • Autokits X V2 diffuser
  • Stillen roof spoiler
  • GT-R style tail light overlays
  • Diode Dynamics interior and exterior replacement LED lighting kit
  • Polished Aluminum radiator overflow catch tank
  • Titanium engine bay bolts throughout
  • HKS engine oil and radiator caps
  • Polished PS tank cap, black PS tank
  • Partially debagged rear
  • Umbra window tint

Future mods:

• GTM Twin Turbo Kit or GTM stage II Supercharger kit (depends on whether I listen to Larry or Eli on that one haha)
  • KW V3 Coilovers (possibly with a variable lift suspension kit)
  • 20” Formula Silver Volk GT-30s or maybe one of those new Rennen Modular step lip concaves but new wheels either way…
  • New, lighter adjustable seats
  • Clutch/flywheel upgrade
  • Further Custom interior (I hate the tan headliner)

Here is how she looked when I got her:

Here are a few shots from the shoot and how she looks today:

</O

Last edited by Chi-City-G; 02-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Here are a few shots that I took recently with it's current set up as well:

Old 12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
htran16

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have any close up shots of the painted interior trim? I like how you left some silver on the dash/doors. Why not paint the steering wheel bezel also? how difficult is it to remove the part around the center screen?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by htran16
Do you have any close up shots of the painted interior trim? I like how you left some silver on the dash/doors. Why not paint the steering wheel bezel also? how difficult is it to remove the part around the center screen?
I do not have any more shots of the interior unfortunately. I have otehr plans for the steering wheel which it why it is un-touched as of now. The black interior is an interior kit so it is applied over the OEM, not painted.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM
htran16

where did you purchase the kit from and how much? how's the quality, fitment?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Jkg37

your drop looks perfect.. i have eibach also did you shave oem bump stop? or did you cut your rear spring ?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Love everything so far! Made me realize my engine bay needs some attention asap
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Man I don't know why there are a bunch of smiley faces all over that original post??? It did not look that way when I submitted it and it's really annoying!

I will try to get rid of them when I get to a computer instead of my phone.

The interior dash kit I bought online over a year ago but actually just had to look up where for 1cleanG so I will let you know tomorrow as well where from when I get back to my computer. I had the OEM bump stops shaved to answer the other question and yes, I am very happy with the drop right now as well but will still get coils in the future.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Unique Bliss

What color are the headlights? Gloss black or something different?

Looks great!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I love how clean everything is! Especially the engine bay. it s so simple and yet very elegant and refined. Your future plans will take this to the next level, no doubt about it.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
danwithanh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sick ride!! Quick question...did you put the overlays on yourself?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Samurai

You're car is beautiful man! I love seeing guys write up these threads showing how much they've progressed their car.

On a side note, I live right next to A&L auto body shop and I'm talking to Anthony and the guys there to help me mold in my TS-P lip into my bumper. Where in IL are you located?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 PM
DCook42

Thanks man, now I have to go buy a body kit to feel good about myself lol!! Seriously though, looking reallllly nice and clean and tasteful. And yeah, that drop is perfect.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Z gave way to G

Jared, good to see you showing off your girl! You already know that I'm a fan, so the only thing I can add is when you do end up going F/I, see if you can get a 2 for 1 special and share the wealth

In all seriousness though, if you want a change in your wheels and don't want to spend tons of cash, get them powdercoated. You have the luxury of owning a black car, so pretty much any color you choose will look great. I'm still a huge fan of bronze on the black cars. My vote is to have the wheels powdered bronze and keep the interior spokes matte and have the lips done glossy
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
zir

bro.... your car is sick

Quick Reply: Chi-City-G's Infiniti G37S 6MT