Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Chi-City-G's Infiniti G37S 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:07 AM
htran16

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is the purpose of shaving the rear bump stops? did it make your rear lower? b/c your car looks really balanced.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by fairladyz34
Love everything so far! Made me realize my engine bay needs some attention asap
^Thanks Man, and haha if its any consolation, it is your car that makes me realize I need quite a few things done to my car as well! Love your wheels and stance!

Originally Posted by Unique Bliss
What color are the headlights? Gloss black or something different?

Looks great!
^They are just gloss black, it most likely is just the camera. And thank you!

Originally Posted by soolman32
I love how clean everything is! Especially the engine bay. it s so simple and yet very elegant and refined. Your future plans will take this to the next level, no doubt about it.
^Thanks man! Clean is definitely what I was going for and what I hope to maintain moving forward. I heard from Lance that you just got a bunch of interior work done (I think it was you???). Can't wait to see how that turned out with your subtle CF scheme. Hope I can finish at least the forced induction plans and get a chance to put some miles on it with you guys when you head down to Zdays. Are you going with everyone?

Originally Posted by danwithanh
sick ride!! Quick question...did you put the overlays on yourself?
^No no, I mean I am sure taking your time and being careful you could, but it was like $30 to take it somewhere that does graphics so it was a no brainer for me. Prolly wouldnt have tried it even if I had a heat gun.

Originally Posted by Samurai
You're car is beautiful man! I love seeing guys write up these threads showing how much they've progressed their car.

On a side note, I live right next to A&L auto body shop and I'm talking to Anthony and the guys there to help me mold in my TS-P lip into my bumper. Where in IL are you located?
^Thanks man! To answer your question I live downtown in Old Town overlooking Lincoln Park. A&L is not exactly close to me so it is a pain in the a$$ but they are recommended far and wide, the only other option would be Autowerks but I went with Anthony and am very happy that I did!

And to follow up... DONT do it man with the TS-P Lip... A&L is only good at molding kits such as the JP lip or Autokits X lip... Maybe even a Stillen but they are just not able to mold the TS-P... I would sell or trade immediately!!!

I kid... they are great and I am sure it will turn out great I just didn't want a twin in the area haha. What color is your G?

Originally Posted by DCook42
Thanks man, now I have to go buy a body kit to feel good about myself lol!! Seriously though, looking reallllly nice and clean and tasteful. And yeah, that drop is perfect.
^Haha this site will do that to you! Thank you for the kind words though and yes I am surprisingly very very happy with my drop at this point and my offsets.

Originally Posted by zir
bro.... your car is sick
Thanks man!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by htran16
what is the purpose of shaving the rear bump stops? did it make your rear lower? b/c your car looks really balanced.
I wanted to handle this post separately... The purpose was to even out the Eibach drop. It worked out perfectly! The shop I got this done at was very experienced with this type of thing and they actually brought it up to me. They understood my plans and that I am getting KW's moving forward but knew that I want to go F/I before I spend any more money. They work almost exclusively with Gs and Zs so they were very familiar with the process and even had some already shaved bump stops in the shop but to make it the exactly the right height, they took mine off and shaved my OEM ones. It did not in any way affect the ride quality which i was affraid of. I would never try this myself but that is also because it was something knew to me that I noramlyl wouldn't have considered.

My thoughts on cutting bump stops and really my build thus far:
It is another way to cut a corner in doing something right in the build that I am ultimately going for. If you have Eibachs and plan on staying on then and are happy with them but want to even out the drop a little more, I would recommend looking into this absolutely and I actually think it gave me the perfect drop for the city I live (roads are awful) in and the look I am going for.

When I got my car I really wanted to change things right away as I was not exaclty happy with how these cars look in there factory form but I knew it has potential. I spent a little more on my down payment then I wanted which left me a short on immediate cash to mod when I got the car. Because of this; I went with an Eibach drop and the Snetterton wheels as I originally wanted GT 30s but they were about $1000 more than my budget.

Yes, I should have waited! But I actually am very happy with my car as is now, but my future changes will simple result in a loss of money and it is all because I couldnt wait.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
Jared, good to see you showing off your girl! You already know that I'm a fan, so the only thing I can add is when you do end up going F/I, see if you can get a 2 for 1 special and share the wealth

In all seriousness though, if you want a change in your wheels and don't want to spend tons of cash, get them powdercoated. You have the luxury of owning a black car, so pretty much any color you choose will look great. I'm still a huge fan of bronze on the black cars. My vote is to have the wheels powdered bronze and keep the interior spokes matte and have the lips done glossy
Haha there is no harm in asking Sam right? Worth a shot! Sam, if you were to ever see this thread (like Sam would ever have the time) and see this post: Can I haz one Stage II turbo kit and one stage I supercharger at no additional cost?

In response to the wheels... I agree with you and I am actually going to have them painted. I just want to go a different route I think even though I am going to paint them, I will simply be putting off the inevitable in getting a very nice new set.

I honestly like my wheels though and they are surprisingly light as well: 22.? lbs front and 23.? (or 24.?) lbs rear, I know I have the exact weights somewhere that I will have to look up! I think I am going a bit different route with the paint though. I am going to have the spoke painted a graphite color and leave the lips polished. I actually messed around with this idea for a while and have a horrible chopped (atcually more like microsoft painted cause I dont have photoshop) pic of it but it at least give the idea of what they would look like.

Tell me what you think and help me make a choice (but i am pretty set):

Normal:

Little Darker:

Even Darker and I am leaning towards a color between the one above and this:
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
3Pedals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want that shift ****!!! details?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 3Pedals
i want that shift ****!!! details?
I know the original post was pretty long but it was in there under my mod list... Just skippin to the pics I see Haha it is a TWM A6 Leopard shift **** and I love it. Nice weight to it and perfect size IMO.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
3Pedals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^guilty as charged!

sick car tho, thanks for the info on the ****
Old 12-02-2011, 01:40 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Jared - Great pics man! I'm glad everyone else is allllllllll over your interior the same way I was! I LOVE his dress up kit! Saw it in person at Wekfest a few months ago. The kit itself is very high quality as well. Very simple yet absolutely changed the look of the interior.

For those who are asking where he purchased(He literally just sent it to me yesterday!)
...here's the link:

Infiniti G37 Complete Trim - Manual Trans / with Navigation Manual Coupe Year 2008 to 2009

Also, I must say I actually really like the photoshops of your car w/ the ideas w/ the wheels. You could even try plasti-dipping the centers to see how you like the look for trial knowing you can take it right off.

...better be seein' you in May on our caravan braaaaaaah!!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Jared - Great pics man! I'm glad everyone else is allllllllll over your interior the same way I was! I LOVE his dress up kit! Saw it in person at Wekfest a few months ago. The kit itself is very high quality as well. Very simple yet absolutely changed the look of the interior.

For those who are asking where he purchased(He literally just sent it to me yesterday!)
...here's the link:

Infiniti G37 Complete Trim - Manual Trans / with Navigation Manual Coupe Year 2008 to 2009

Also, I must say I actually really like the photoshops of your car w/ the ideas w/ the wheels. You could even try plasti-dipping the centers to see how you like the look for trial knowing you can take it right off.

...better be seein' you in May on our caravan braaaaaaah!!
Thanks man! Always nice to hear compliments from you cause we obviously have similar taste and I definitely love your car.

To add to the link that I sent him, here is another pretty good option I believe for a quality kit:
2011 Infiniti G37 Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

I went with the one that Lance posted but this one seems to have a quality product as well and is a little bit different depending on what you would want. I PM'ed the guy already that had originally asked about that though.

As far as the wheels... I think I would really like them too if I painted them or at least be interested in them again. I am just trying to do anything I can so I do not spend any more "real" money before I go forced induction... Hope this will do the trick till then!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Do you know what width rear wheel you're running? I had no idea you pushed your wheels out that far with spacers.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Very clean G! How did you paint your plastics under the hood? Just a rattle can? No problems with the paint flaking off?
Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Do you know what width rear wheel you're running? I had no idea you pushed your wheels out that far with spacers.
My rears are just 10" widths (again in the original post! ) but now have 15mm H&R spacers making it +25 now on 275s. When you saw my car it was at +40 in the rear!

Originally Posted by Can'tGme
Very clean G! How did you paint your plastics under the hood? Just a rattle can? No problems with the paint flaking off?
No I had the shop that painted my body kit do all under the hood too. They prepped it all down and used clear and everything on it. No flaking at all as of yet.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

OH crap..sorry about the width. I literally looked at it and must have looked right over it cuz i was like..."huh..he didn't put the width in there for his rear but he did for his front? what the heck?...guess i'll ask!" ...WHOOPS

I like this one better....(after me looking through 21 pages of pics)

Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

OH crap..sorry about the width. I literally looked at it and must have looked right over it cuz i was like..."huh..he didn't put the width in there for his rear but he did for his front? what the heck?...guess i'll ask!" ...WHOOPS

I like this one better....(after me looking through 21 pages of pics)

Haha, what a great candid shot of what I spend most of my time doing anyways. Gotta teach the girl to do this too instead of just standing there and looking at it. She's a trooper though sitting through shows like this. I don't think I have ever seen this pic yet.

This one is before the additional drop though and before the spacers making it more flush (actually before a lot of things like window tint, exhaust, and different lugs too and maybe a few other things) but I like this shot! Thanks for sharing bud!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:31 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Man your G looks great. Looks perfecto.

Quick Reply: Chi-City-G's Infiniti G37S 6MT