Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My new +5 stance

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks sick!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
So the other day I decided on pulling my front fenders out to fit a 15mm spacer. The spacer would work If I had coilovers and could stiffen the ride, but I dont have them yet. The first try without the pull the wheels would bang the fender. I went in with a heat gun, and a microfiber and pulled them out very slowly to get an even pull. No baseball bat or fender roller here! So now my front offset is a 20x9 +5 with still more room to go. Once I get coils I will be going into the negatives. Here are some pics I took after a needed wash. Next will be a rear pull and spacers.

TEASER OF MY NEXT MOD THATS BEEN HIDING IN STORAGE
Thank you for sharing. I'm guessing H&R spacers?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
G37-J

Sick!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the comments, good or bad.

Originally Posted by soolman32
Looks pretty good actually. How much of a strech and camber are you running on the front?
Im running a 225/35 on a 9 inch wheel with -2.5 camber
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
I know some people love it, but I think the stretched tire looks ridiculously bad. The bead looks like it's about to pop any second and the rim is sticking out of the tire. Just not my think I guess..
To each his own, I hate fat tires

Originally Posted by ShyAznB8oi
I love it Doggy! Are you planning to go lower when you have your coils?
Hell no! I plan on raising the rear a bit, maybe the front.
Originally Posted by xxryanlamboxx
Definitely recommend getting stiffer spring rates for your coilovers if you want to go into the negatives.
I was planning on just setting the stiffness to max
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
You installed my tires?
Not yet, Too lazy and the fronts still have life

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Your rear camber looks redoggyless!!!! LMAO!
...takes some serious ballz to go ahead and do this yourself. I give you credit bro, looks great from the pics! No cracking of the paint or anything?
Ya I just went ahead and pulled them without really thinking much, just went for it. No cracking or nothing, I made the fenders pretty hot with the heat gun, but not hot enough to burn it.
Originally Posted by alpine37
what exhaust? btw ur cars booty looks phat!
Its an M2 exhaust, its temporary, Wait till you see my new plan.
Originally Posted by fairladyz34
Nice job brotha, I'm surprised you had to pull the fronts tho. I got 9.5 +10 so the offsets are very close. It should tuck no problem but I guess on turns it may rub
It tucked with no problem, But on turns there was no way.

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Fronts look good. Doggy Dog, time for a rear camber kit.
Rear camber kit is next, probably set it to -3 or high negative 2s.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 AM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What? Really? Raise the G? Seriously? How come? S-Techs were too high imo..
Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 AM
tbone12

looks great, love the stance
Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Doggy

It's not easy with that ait lip. My sides are 2 and half inches of the ground as is.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:04 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks ok I guess I'm just really over that stretch crap! A 245 on a 10.5 is just rediculous !!! I tried it and was really horrible and unsafe . Props to trying it out but I encourage u not to DD like this .
Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 AM
TastefullyDoneG

Well he's stretching for clearance. If you want to ride low and poke you're going to sacrifice the car ride but it's not even really that bad with the right coils. I don't see anything wrong DD a 245 on a 10.5.. I ran a 245 that ran true on a 11 and DD with no problems and that's with the crappy road in california.. car looks good bro! do what you got to do!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
VossenG37S

I know about stretching I've ran +5/15 before w that exact tires size and yes the ride is that bad in comparison w what I have now, after shredding my tire on the highway after a few hundred miles I just won't mess w that again! It sure looks good but for a daily driver it's just something I personally would never recomend again. He's going for looks so thats great cause it looks good just saying I know it's his DD so it's not the best option . Sacrificing tire life and riding around at risk is not my thing, GL to you brotha just my .02 !
Old 11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice work on the DIY.
Is that the fresh ta def trunk? How is the fitment? Gaps around the edges? Can people still buy it?
Is that the stillen or ait roof spoiler? How is the fitment?
Need more high res pics
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I really like it man, especially how the front looks. +20 on our cars always looks a little tucked.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:35 PM
TastefullyDoneG

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
I know about stretching I've ran +5/15 before w that exact tires size and yes the ride is that bad in comparison w what I have now, after shredding my tire on the highway after a few hundred miles I just won't mess w that again! It sure looks good but for a daily driver it's just something I personally would never recomend again. He's going for looks so thats great cause it looks good just saying I know it's his DD so it's not the best option . Sacrificing tire life and riding around at risk is not my thing, GL to you brotha just my .02 !

Must be your suspension then if you see it as that bad. Im guessing you road on Tanabe since you got a picture of your car with them. Were they coils or springs? If coils Tanabe has no dampening that might be a reason why your ride was ****.. now if they were just springs then you already knew why it rode like **** lol. shredding your tire was this the front or rear? I'm guessing their must of been another reason due to your tires getting shredded besides just stretching. He's getting coils and a camber kit so he's not sacrificing much.. Camber kit with toe back into spec he'll have his tire life. Riding at risk? of course if you're driving it like a 4x4.. low n slow that's how you do it.

Last edited by TastefullyDoneG; 11-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM
xxryanlamboxx

I have my coils at max stiffness on the dampening and it still hits so i recommend getting the stance coilovers with true rear setup and swift springs.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:47 PM
VossenG37S

Originally Posted by TastefullyDoneG
Must be your suspension then if you see it as that bad. Im guessing you road on Tanabe since you got a picture of your car with them. Were they coils or springs? If coils Tanabe has no dampening that might be a reason why your ride was ****.. now if they were just springs then you already knew why it rode like **** lol. shredding your tire was this the front or rear? I'm guessing their must of been another reason due to your tires getting shredded besides just stretching. He's getting coils and a camber kit so he's not sacrificing much.. Camber kit with toe back into spec he'll have his tire life. Riding at risk? of course if you're driving it like a 4x4.. low n slow that's how you do it.
Has absolutely nothing to do with having dampening, u only want dampening to make it stiffer Wich making it stiff with stretch tires = to a ****tier ride! My tanabe Coils ride better then stock slammed even! Call it what you want I have ran plenty of set ups to judge better from experience . I had my camber within specs as well and yes it's a **** ride regardless ! If a 245 tire on a 10.5 is not a risk then enjoy it , looks rediculous IMHO as rides horrible on top of that rides rediculous. Btw rear tire is what popped after only 500 miles camber was at -2.1 and was slammed w tanabe coils! GL guy I said all I wanted

Quick Reply: My new +5 stance