Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Testing out my T2i

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:35 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
+10000 on what Evito said.

I'm a t2i user as well and I've had it since it came out. Love it.

For someone new to SLR you seem to know quite a bit regarding photography. Nice job on this pics. Only if you allow me to critique, first pic may seem underexposed but not by a whole lot. The cup was somewhat distracting. I've done same thing and since then I always clean the surrounding first. Lol lastly, invest in lens and lighting equipment. it will go a long way.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Busa, before u decide make sure you like how the camera fits your hand. I've tried everything from T2i, t3i, 60d, 7d. And I should have known this before I bought the camera. T2i is too small for my hands so I fixed that by adding a battery grip. Specs wise, they will probably yield the same image quality (same 18mp sensor) but its the features that differs them. 7d is obviously top of the line from all of the choices you've made simply due to its amazing Autofocus (will be very useful with action photography). 60d is of course next in line with also a good AF system but not like the 7d. Although it has a swivel screen which is a plus for some (i do). T2i and T3i is basically the same only diff is t2i has no swivel screen. also bought the t2i because its all I could afford back then.
If I was in your shoes, I probably would have ended up with the 7d. Feels natural to my hands, the features of course is a big plus. Oh and the viewfinder is 100% meaning you see everything in your shot before you take it. Seems brighter too compared to the other models mentioned.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 AM
JJsBusaRox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^I agree. The 7D feels the best in my hands and is the one I really want to get. I just don't know if I would be able to use the full potential of that camera. The 60D is attractive bcuz it has the preset modes...just in case I get lazy and don't want to mess with all that manual stuff, + it has the swivel screen which I like. Then there's the T3i, almost the same as the 60D with the exception of a few different features.

As it stands now, I think the 60D has the good mix of what i'm looking for. Speed sits right between the other two at 5.3fps, has the swivel screen, preset shooting modes, great video, not as $$$ as 7D and feels good in my hands too.

And here's the BIGGIE...with the price difference of the 60D and 7D, I can get my Invidia Gemini exhaust! Win Win situation!!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 AM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh and @ OP, shoot w/ lower ISO's. I got bored and played around with some of your pictures and noticed it. It'll be harder to keep it still, but result is worth it.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:36 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Dude, you cant go wrong with a 60d. Plus, once u learn to shoot you'll never ever use the presets again ever. I actually contemplated of getting a 60d and sell my t2i but decided to invest in lens in preparation for a full frame. .

60d+exhaust = win
Old 09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice pics Kev!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Thanks. As right now we're about 12 members strong... The white Z is not an official member .... yet!

You can see most of our members rides here: Team
oh btw u have a broken link under ur sponsor page. Name is spelled wrongly also
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
look good to me!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great shots man
Old 09-13-2011, 12:32 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Love the sig in each of the pictures. Any advice on how to make one of those? PM? Noob question maybe.

I will be getting into the scene soon also, but have been messing around with Photoshop trying to teach myself. I find the HDR toning is amazing, and always my starting point. Then like someone said adjusting the gradient on the sky can give you some nice colors up there. I also like the half black and white half color shots. Not sure what they are called. And then a border usually makes things stand out more so. I see you have already mastered most of those things though.

Sexy cars though.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by eVitO
I find UV filters to be kinda pointless, but it might be because the one I bought was cheap and pretty damn crappy... Mess around w/ lens blur too, when you get bored.
Ya, I agree with you, I put the UV on really for lens protection, but i'll look into a polarized one as well.

Originally Posted by WARAT
For someone new to SLR you seem to know quite a bit regarding photography. Nice job on this pics. Only if you allow me to critique, first pic may seem underexposed but not by a whole lot. The cup was somewhat distracting. I've done same thing and since then I always clean the surrounding first. Lol lastly, invest in lens and lighting equipment. it will go a long way.
^ I did my HW before I bought the camera and have a few buddys who are pretty into it. This is the first chance I really got to use the camera for something like this and to shoot in Manual settings.

Cup was a fail, I didn't even notice it when I was shooting... lol. noticed it when I was editing, next time I think I'll be bringing a push broom with me.

Originally Posted by eVitO
Oh and @ OP, shoot w/ lower ISO's. I got bored and played around with some of your pictures and noticed it. It'll be harder to keep it still, but result is worth it.
I will try that out, I have a tripod too, so that should help keeping the camera steady.

Originally Posted by xlack
oh btw u have a broken link under ur sponsor page. Name is spelled wrongly also
Thanks Lucas.

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
look good to me!
Originally Posted by Gamedog
Great shots man
Thanks Lance & David.

Originally Posted by breftayka
Love the sig in each of the pictures. Any advice on how to make one of those? PM? Noob question maybe.
Thanks... to be honest, I had no clue how to use photoshop until I watched some videos on YouTube about 3 days ago.. photos were both edit with iPhoto on Mac and PS CS4. It' s a lot of fun to mess around with and I am far from being good at it.. A simple border like I added takes a couple seconds to do now, and the sig wasn't that hard, just gotta us the text function and find a font you like. It's pretty easy to adjust the sizes and color. (learned that on YouTube too)
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Really quickly played around with exposure in PS... What you think? (I think I might have overdone it)

Before:

After:

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 09-13-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
great pics man!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dam we have quite a few photographers now lol. Nice pics
Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great shots Kev, if you shoot raw ,you can do a lot more in Photoshop or even combine shots for perfect exposure....

Quick Reply: Testing out my T2i