Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Mystakin's Mod Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystakin's Mod Thread!

UPDATES will constantly be added to both this thread and specifically this post! Stay tuned!

Never really thought I would mod this car too much for mainly two reasons:
1.) Didn't want to void warranty.
2.) This car is expensive to mod! Exhaust systems running up to 2k?! Intakes costing $500?! Damn, and I thought modding my old TL was expensive. Ha!
But, like most of the members here, after seeing everyone else's sick rides, I had to start! Luckily my dj business has been getting great reviews and word-of-mouth advertising has really helped me out. I now have defeated my second main reason for NOT modding my car, but I'm still having a hard time getting past the first reason lol.
Anyways, I thought I'd make a thread showing you all how my G is coming along. It's a 2010 OB g37x coupe. The sport version didnt come out till 2011 for the coupe, and I'm kind of disappointed it came out only 1 year after mine! Oh well, non-sport looks better anyways
Well here is this car first right after it's first mod.. TINTS! In NJ, its illegal to have any front tints, so to begin I just just got the backs done. 5% woohoo! Don't worry, later on I got the fronts done.

After that, the guys at 180 customs did my headlights. Got them done flat black with the iron man mod. Had some issues with the iron mans, but Alex and Igor took care of me and replaced them all under warranty. Been good since. This wasnt the last time I was getting work done from them!

Found a cheap set of license plate bulbs and did that next. LED is the way to go! I dont know why they looks so blue in this pic, they are bright white in person.

Next I wanted to make the rear of my car stand out a bit more. Never understood why companies put both their emblem and the name of the company on the car. I prefer either one, but not both. In this case, I took off the word 'INFINITI'. I think it looks much cleaner now. Got 35% front tints done too

Reppin' the forum! Got the forum decals for the G. Thanks Black Betty! I think I was one of the last to get them in white, kind of surprising since my luck would be that they were sold out already lol

Went back to 180 custom and got my grille painted to match the rest of the car. One again, spot on job. Also got my interior LEDs changed by 180 customs. Don't have any great pics of those, but they are all bright white to match the iron man headlights.

Thought this next picture was kind of cool. One of the nice things about a black car. Took a picture of my younger brother through the reflection of my hood! After all the work that goes into keeping a black car looking good, I think this is one of the rewards haha

Re-did my garage.. Well, got flooring done and painted the walls. It had never been finished since my family bought the house. I think it came out alright, and here are the last few pics! Painted my stock wheels gloss black and I think they look a lot more sporty than the stock silver ones. But hey, to each his own. Got the Infiniti banner at the NY International Auto Show this year. By far the highlight of this year for me. It was the first time I went, and I am definitely going next year!

Well, there are all my mods! Hope you enjoyed it, and I will be updating this thread every now and then with new mods and photoshoots! Feedback is always nice
Thanks,
mystakin

Going to still post new pics as part of this thread, but for every mod ill pick my favorite pic and just edit it into this post so people don't have to swift through the thread looking for new stuff lol :P

here is my Tanabe Medalion exhaust. Love the sound, couldn't be happier for just an axleback setup!

Dropped my car on eibach's pro kit for the g37x coupe. came out just how i wanted. not totally slammed, but pretty much rid of the wheel gap. now i like the stance of my car haha

Last edited by mystakin; 07-01-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Update!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Nice intro thread! Yes, seeing other sick rides will make you spend money LOL.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
nice progression so far... represent jersey man!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice car! i like ur garage floor btw
Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 AM
jamesshifflett

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
What's next on your mod list? Wheels, drop?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 AM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like your garage!! Clean G!!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
nice progression so far... represent jersey man!
yah man!

Originally Posted by xlack
nice car! i like ur garage floor btw
Thanks! Yeah I always wanted to have a racedeck looking garage, and well, finally went ahead with it!

Originally Posted by jamesshifflett
What's next on your mod list? Wheels, drop?
Well Tanabe exhaust is on its way, and should be installed tomorrow! I want to drop it, but NJ roads are notorious for having very bad potholes, and I'd rather keep the underside of my G from getting too beaten up. Plus idk how badly potholes would mess up my suspension lol. But if I find a good deal on BC coilovers, I'll probably go ahead with it. ~$400 installed for just lowering springs is a bit much I personally think.. Wheels are something I've been looking at. There are just so many, plus I cant tell the difference between a good quality wheel and a crappy one. My own justification is price per wheel, and thats never a good way to judge quality :P

Originally Posted by yogregb
I like your garage!! Clean G!!
Thank you! Put a lot of hours into it although it probably doesnt seem like much.. I wish I had before pics. It was full with just junk to the point where there wasnt even room for 1 car! haha
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM
LizardBreath

it would look a million times better with a drop
Old 05-02-2011, 08:05 AM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't paint the calipers until you have a BBK. Draws too much attention to them. But nice job with the rest, digging the garage as well.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LizardBreath
it would look a million times better with a drop
Yeah I know :/ I guess one day I'll just suck it up and buy it lol. Hopefully around summer

And yeah I agree I should get BBK but it's just a lot of money and I don't think I'm going to be tracking this car anytime soon. Might just take off the red and leave it as normal, it's chipping so easily rofl
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
looks good but i thikn you might as well take off the rest of the stuff on the trunk
Old 05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
damn thats a clean car!!!! Good job
Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chuckie311
looks good but i thikn you might as well take off the rest of the stuff on the trunk
Been thinking about it.. I dont like it being completely empty, maybe just the infiniti symbol would look nice?
Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
damn thats a clean car!!!! Good job
thanks man
means a lot coming from the guy with one of the nicest G's on here haha
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

the peeling red on the calipers was bugging the crap out of me. tried getting it all off, but some specks of red just wouldnt come off, no matter how much brake cleaner i used. oh well. redid them yellow to go for a new look, i think they came out pretty clean..

i got about $300 to spend.. what do you think? drop or test pipes? :P will post pics of my tanabe exhaust soon

Last edited by mystakin; 06-19-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DROP^^^but then you probably need add spacers to void being stupid flush

Quick Reply: Mystakin's Mod Thread!