Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Mystakin's Mod Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:20 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL what is this?
Old 08-20-2011, 12:21 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHAHAHA I guess one of my tiny pic urls got deleted and was replaced by that! I have no idea who Akshay Tejpal is! I guess its a good thing I recently switched over to photo bucket to upload pictures.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM
08g37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im thinking of doing the same sometime this month can you tell me how much did it cost you and how well is it holding up?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:16 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great Thread!! Good job so far, some aftermarket wheels will complete your G IMO
Old 11-26-2011, 01:29 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

well ive been in college since the end of august so i havent done much to the car! Yesterday I decided to clean the car up with all my detailing supplies I finally have available again thanks to coming back home for Thanksgiving. Also went ahead and got the front tints redone, had a scratch on one of the windows and also thought 35% was a too light now for my taste. Lastly, I had my installer put on a windshield strip. I never really understood the point of them, but I guess it is a cool place to put stickers of mods done to the car. Went with a matte black strip to match my headlight housing. Still not sure if I'll keep it, but gloss black isnt really an option as my installer said it only looks good till it rains. Once the windshield wipers hit it, the gloss black tends to show scratches much more apparently than with the matte black, and for someone like me who is **** about imperfections, any mark on it would become an instant eyesore. Well, enough with the words, here are some pics!

tint- 20% front windows, 5% back side windows, 20% rear window
windshield strip- matte black finish

Old 11-26-2011, 01:48 AM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how youve updated your thread with each new mod, and specified the part and provided pics to go with it. Nicely done brother!

Id ditch the strip and the front lic plate. I had that kind of a strip on my civic way back in the day...I dont think it goes well with this car. An option would be to tint your front windshield. Check out my garage..thats what i did. Came out pretty slick.

Keep up the good work. Your car looks great!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:16 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
I like how youve updated your thread with each new mod, and specified the part and provided pics to go with it. Nicely done brother!

Id ditch the strip and the front lic plate. I had that kind of a strip on my civic way back in the day...I dont think it goes well with this car. An option would be to tint your front windshield. Check out my garage..thats what i did. Came out pretty slick.

Keep up the good work. Your car looks great!
just took a look at your ride. the front tint flows really nicely! hows visibility at night? and yeah the shield strip looks abnormal to me right now, im going to let it sit for a week or two and see what i think after then. it was quite cheap in comparison to the tints so i have no problem just taking it off :P
Old 11-26-2011, 03:30 AM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mystakin
just took a look at your ride. the front tint flows really nicely! hows visibility at night? and yeah the shield strip looks abnormal to me right now, im going to let it sit for a week or two and see what i think after then. it was quite cheap in comparison to the tints so i have no problem just taking it off :P
Thanks! Visibility at night isnt too bad. But then again im used to it. Ive tinted the front window on every vehicle ive purchased. It can be a bit drastic as very little light comes into the cab, but i think if you did it, it wouldnt bother you too much. Plus, when it rains..you dont get that green reflection off the windshield. Saves the dash from the sun beating on it too, and keeps the car cooler if it sits in direct sun for a bit.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:16 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RDDLINE
Thanks! Visibility at night isnt too bad. But then again im used to it. Ive tinted the front window on every vehicle ive purchased. It can be a bit drastic as very little light comes into the cab, but i think if you did it, it wouldnt bother you too much. Plus, when it rains..you dont get that green reflection off the windshield. Saves the dash from the sun beating on it too, and keeps the car cooler if it sits in direct sun for a bit.
yeah i feel after a while i'd just get used to it. 35% on the side windows felt like nothing at all after a week of having it on.. got used to it so quickly.

i guess my bigger concern is law enforcement...
Old 11-29-2011, 04:48 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

placed order for my xmas gift to myself,
-2 kicker l7 10" subs
-custom g37 coupe subwoofer box to house the 2 l7's
-amp/subwoofer wiring kit
-cross over and components needed to run subs from stock headunit
-date three weeks today with my installer. getting this baby done right after I get home for winter break! woo!

i hope sonic electronix gets my order out soon.. i know i have to wait for the install but i want to see the parts already! will upload pics once things start coming in, already have the box so ill put that up later in the day.

so excited so i thought id share it with you all
have a nice day!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
I <3 your yellow caliper
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
mturo

looking good
Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

look what came in the mail today!

Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Hey guys its been over 6 months since my last post here so I thought I’d update the thread. A lot has happened as I’ve tried new stuff, liked some and disliked others. Well, let me get right to the pics!

2 Kicker Solo Baric L7 subs in custom g37 coupe enclosure:

Decided to wrap my entire interior trim in 3M’s 1080 Scotchprint Carbon Fiber vinyl. I loved working with this stuff, its incredibly thin and great for wrapping around edges for that clean look. Only downside I’ve seen is that it scratches incredibly easily.

Next I decided to black chrome the rear emblems. Went pretty light because I still wanted them to shine when light hit them, but the effect was to have them sort of “fade out” with the trunk when it gets dark.

Every year I repaint my calipers to give it a fresh look. Last year I did them white and the year before that in yellow. I really missed the yellow so I brought it back. Added Muteki sr48 extended open lug nuts to my 18” gloss black wheels just to set it off. I really like the neo chrome and they seem to be holding the wheels on very well! no vibration or issues so far! Car is dropped on Eibach pro kit springs.

Last but not least I updated the front end a little bit. Got an emblemless grille made and painted to match. I think it came out great and now the car has a fully blacked out front. I originally had a blacked out grille with the chrome emblem, but now I’m going stealth mode

Old 06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice work!

Btw, to be safe, you should always use stock lugs on stock wheels. The acorn shape of tuner lugs are for aftermarket wheels only.