Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Few Snaps of the Car & my new Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
LizardBreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have pics of the height in which u normally drive around? or do u drive how it is? im assuming its just for the photo
Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I drive a bit higher than that, in my opinion that look is just perfect right there for when my car sits but when I drive I want it more aggressive, when I hit my switches up a bit the whole wheel sticks out more giving it a insane aggressive look that looks like a caveman walking through cause of my negative offsets. So I do not drive like that, but I do ride low and rub hard, where it sits in the pictures is only for parking.

Originally Posted by Buckeye G
I heard that bumper is pretty thin and it requires work to thicken it up so that you can drive it a decent amount. Is that true? Looks good tho. Need some more pics.
If you heard that than I know exactly who you heard that from, but in my opinion the bumper was fine, I'm used to aftermarket fiberglass bumpers so nothing new to me. I didn't have to add layers to the bumper but of course, ALL aftermarket bumper requires work to make it fit 100%, ALL. And I had the AIT TS bumper before and the quality of glass was way worse along with fitment so I'm very happy with mine. I use AIT for an example because it's the only other full bumper out that looks good in my opinion and I had first hand experience with it.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Update! Posted some front view pics on original post.

Ps. under the lip theres another bar thats part of the bumper, i just painted it black so you cant see it in the pics.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks good dude, and congratz to you guys for taking home 5 trophies!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Love the look, and it would look awesome with a nice intercooler showing. Problem is, there is some SERIOUS fitment problem where the bumper meets the fender above the headlight. Other than that, hands off to you.

And no matter what anyone says, those wheels are the sex.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
IntangibleBW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from one blue slater to another - looks great! i would love if my car looked this good
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM
IntangibleBW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quick question btw does that black mesh grill behind the bumper you have come with the bumper or is that something you did on your own?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by IntangibleBW
quick question btw does that black mesh grill behind the bumper you have come with the bumper or is that something you did on your own?
I bought it from Home Depot LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Ok, if anyone wants the fresh trunk or front bumper just hit me up (optional), call me or whatever I'll take care of it and get you the discount. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
tbone12

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that is such a sick car, i've never seen that bumper before and it looks amazing.... waiting for pics
Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
TL37

Very nicely done man!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
G37-J

Wow that looks insane!! I love it!! Props
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm sorry sir I respect your projects and info but you've stated a few times "all" fiberglass and aftermarket bumpers have fitment issues and I just want to tell you that's just not true. It's the quality of parts produced by the manufactures you're personally dealing with, I'm in no way insulting you, but you're buying budget brand mass produced products which are lower monies so it would be obsurd to expect exellance. My Zele (fiberglass) bumper fit better than OEM, I know you're in the sceen, feel free to contact Long @ DTM for a reference, but then again I did pay $1,600 for the front bumper. Sorry for butting in but you saying "all" need work just isn't true, but you do get what you pay for, but your car looks great I just finally wanted to express that to you.
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
I drive a bit higher than that, in my opinion that look is just perfect right there for when my car sits but when I drive I want it more aggressive, when I hit my switches up a bit the whole wheel sticks out more giving it a insane aggressive look that looks like a caveman walking through cause of my negative offsets. So I do not drive like that, but I do ride low and rub hard, where it sits in the pictures is only for parking.

If you heard that than I know exactly who you heard that from, but in my opinion the bumper was fine, I'm used to aftermarket fiberglass bumpers so nothing new to me. I didn't have to add layers to the bumper but of course, ALL aftermarket bumper requires work to make it fit 100%, ALL. And I had the AIT TS bumper before and the quality of glass was way worse along with fitment so I'm very happy with mine. I use AIT for an example because it's the only other full bumper out that looks good in my opinion and I had first hand experience with it.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
looks nice!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I'm sorry sir I respect your projects and info but you've stated a few times "all" fiberglass and aftermarket bumpers have fitment issues and I just want to tell you that's just not true. It's the quality of parts produced by the manufactures you're personally dealing with, I'm in no way insulting you, but you're buying budget brand mass produced products which are lower monies so it would be obsurd to expect exellance. My Zele (fiberglass) bumper fit better than OEM, I know you're in the sceen, feel free to contact Long @ DTM for a reference, but then again I did pay $1,600 for the front bumper. Sorry for butting in but you saying "all" need work just isn't true, but you do get what you pay for, but your car looks great I just finally wanted to express that to you.
I know some dtm people personally. I know of you lol trust me you annoyed ppl on kits before haha, trust were not newbies here and especially me, I know this industry and no insult taken and Thx for your input. You are right about your zele. I know personally and yes almost all fiberglass needs work. Let me clarify though, 90% does, but authentic Japanese kits usually do not, which ppl rarely buy so when I was talking I wasn't with the intent of your kit, if you purchase those you won't have any issues for they been fitted n prepped before sold n manufactured to be the exact same everytime. Which you are paying a lot more for a reason and you get what you pay for. No one can beat those authentic jap kits so congrats on your bumper. But, even some authentic kits have had issues before, even ts authentic kit had issues so its a dice roll sometimes. I simply have my body guys do the job for me. Buy yes your zele shouldn't have any issues, the quality is superb man. Cudos.

Quick Reply: Few Snaps of the Car & my new Bumper