Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My 2010 Black G37S and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
iiiiiekoiiiii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u shouldve bought a 300c.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
It's your car bro, haters gonna hate. My old E38 was pretty bling and people (forum members, really. Everybody who personally talked to me about it loved it) hated on it, but it looked good to me.

However, for this car, chrome doesn't seem to fit like it would on a big, luxury sedan. But these grilles are purty. My advice: get the chrome trims on each grille painted Obsidian Black, then flat black the mesh. It would look awesome!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mazaki
It's your car bro, haters gonna hate. My old E38 was pretty bling and people (forum members, really. Everybody who personally talked to me about it loved it) hated on it, but it looked good to me.

However, for this car, chrome doesn't seem to fit like it would on a big, luxury sedan. But these grilles are purty. My advice: get the chrome trims on each grille painted Obsidian Black, then flat black the mesh. It would look awesome!
ummmm its not about haters its about a 50 thousand dollar car which is also luxary shouldnt look like that........not one comment that i seen was a hater but stating opinion and yes bro lose the chrome and those rims along with it..... and just seeing this g with all the chrome i can only imagine how ur e38 looked lol
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
MiniRX7

Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
u shouldve bought a 300c.
I loved my 300C riding on chrome 22's.

Then i had a 07 G35 sedan riding on chrome 20's.

But i think your right. On a G37 coupe, i dont think chrome wheels will look good anymore .
Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
chrome is a big no-no for these cars
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
not my style but hey, it's your G. Do whatever you want to it.

I've done some stuff to my car that's not too popular with everyone here... I appreciate the comments but I didn't care.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 AM
The Jewbag

LMAO WOW WTF

i
Old 11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
beattyG37

Maybe Infiniti will incorporate some of this on the next IPL or Coupe redesign.
LOL
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sigh, I'll give it to you straight. It's ugly. The grill, the inserts at the bottom, the wheels, it's just...well it's ugly.

If I were you, I'd return it to stock so you're not the laughing stock of your workplace parking lot or your neighborhood. Here's an example of what right looks like in a black G37. Here is mine below...

Nice, clean, classy. Take notes, my friend.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
OMG!!! this has to be a joke!! WOW.. Poor G :-(
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
BOA

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Sigh, I'll give it to you straight. It's ugly. The grill, the inserts at the bottom, the wheels, it's just...well it's ugly.

If I were you, I'd return it to stock so you're not the laughing stock of your workplace parking lot or your neighborhood. Here's an example of what right looks like in a black G37. Here is mine below...

Nice, clean, classy. Take notes, my friend.
OK I wasn't but I think I have to! First there's NOTHING unique about your car. You have the SAME wheels everyone else has and you've made no real mod to your car. Sure we can all copy everyone and do the same mod but where's your creativity. Good luck to your mod however; your car does look good but then again it's just the same nice car everyone else has. I get it there's so much anyone is able to do. I have seen some really nice cars here but most are the same. I want to see some creativity and when you are able to do that let us know. That's when you will get "Nice" "Clean" car comments from me.

I'm not expecting any wows from anyone here but let me correct you I have not been a joke in my garage my man! Doing mod is about experimenting and seeing what works for YOU. Not doing what everyone else is doing and just copying it. Yes there's so much you can do depending on how much you want to spend etc.

Like I said those parts came from another G with a different color that BTW did work well with it and got many looks and comments and I loved it. After doing the mod on my black G I noticed it didn't look right and have been working on modifying that look.

So this thread is done... my mods are moving forward however. Keep us posted on your mod!

Good luck my man. BTW where are you from?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BOA
OK I wasn't but I think I have to! First there's NOTHING unique about your car.

You have the SAME wheels everyone else has and you've made no real mod to your car. Sure we all copy everyone and do the same. Good luck to your mod however; your car does look good but then again it's just the same nice car everyone else has.
Sure, there are a few ppl here that have CV1's, but with that being said, it's arguably the best one piece wheel design out there for the G37 Coupe. And sure, my car looks damn good, and for good reason. You edited your post so we didn't have to look at yours. Being unique isn't worth anything if it's not a tasteful design. See Pontiac Aztek. Also, keep in mind what you said about being unique and keep your eye on the bold...

I'm not expecting any wows from anyone here but let me correct you I have not been a joke in my garage my man! Dong mod is about experimenting and seeing what works. Not doing what everyone else is doing and just copying it. Yes there's so much you can do depending on how much you want to spend etc.
Remember the bold. Keep reading...

Like I said those parts came from another G that BTW did work well with it and got many looks and comments. After doing the mod on my black G I noticed it didn't look right and have been working on modifying that look.
FAIL. So much for uniqueness.

Originally Posted by BOA
OK I think I've gotten enough feedback on this LOL so I'm deleting the post. I'll start a new post after I finish my mod with parts purchased for my Black G. Oh and yes there will be some Chrome for sure!
Sigh, criticism is a **** on the interwebz. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM
BOA

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Sure, there are a few ppl here that have CV1's, but with that being said, it's arguably the best one piece wheel design out there for the G37 Coupe. And sure, my car looks damn good, and for good reason. You edited your post so we didn't have to look at yours. Being unique isn't worth anything if it's not a tasteful design. See Pontiac Aztek. Also, keep in mind what you said about being unique and keep your eye on the bold...

Remember the bold. Keep reading...

FAIL. So much for uniqueness.

Sigh, criticism is a **** on the interwebz. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle
That's why they call it experiment genius. It's your opinion that CV1's are the best. Yes any forum will have followers and seeing something on another car gives you ideas on what you can do to yours. Heck I'm been shopping for wheels for over three weeks now with no luck. Not finding what I really want.

Never said your car didn't look my man I said it's the same ol look that most have on here. Not that there's anything wrong with it but want makes your car stand out? Please point out why your G with Vossen makes your car stand out.

I stated before the look didn't pan out and not because you all said it didn't but I personally didn't like it either. Too much Chrome on the small black car and it stood out way too much for my liking. So it's gone and back on the drawing board. Just like I wouldn't even consider putting black wheels on the Platinum color and went with Chrome and loved it the all Chrome is too much on the black. That's why there will be change not because you said so.

Why do you think some sites have wheel visualization software now????

Oh yes criticism is a **** on the web and that's because we can all hide our faces on the web and talk ****!!!!!

Again good luck to you see you on the forum. You didn't answer my question where are you from?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 PM
BOA

Spartan when you can do a mod like anyone of these cars found here then you can start talking brother! Check out the Lambo on the second page.

The World Famous West Coast Customs®