Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Matte Gunmetal Vossen CV1 Photoshoot on PG. Must see!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abice
I want those rims i love the color,
but i don't mean to be dumb, i just have a curious question, aren't those tires not wide enough for the rims? I thought that when the rims stick out like that that means the tires aren't wide enough, isn't that bad for the car?
I just said something very similar (didn't read your post until after I posted). It looks silly to me, but I think that's the "in" thing right now. I must be getting old...LOL. Wheels & tires like that kinda remind me of kids who wear their pants hanging off their asses.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 PM
kimchi29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
Can someone please explain to me when and why it became "fashionable" to put a wheel & tire package on a car that looks like the tires are too narrow for the wheels? I mean, seriously, the lip on that rim extends much farther out then the side wall of the tire....or even the bead area for that matter.

When did people start liking that look?

its huge in the euro scene, stretch and poke. google hellaflush and i think your head will explode. for the people who are into the hellaflush/stanced style its all about going low with aggressive wheels and streched tires.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
kimchi29

@ OP

car looks amazing, perfect ride height
Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by kimchi29
its huge in the euro scene, stretch and poke. google hellaflush and i think your head will explode. for the people who are into the hellaflush/stanced style its all about going low with aggressive wheels and streched tires.
Okay... but I always thought hellaflush meant that the offset of the wheels were completely flush with the fender lip. I kinda like the flush look, but I still think the too narrow tires that appear stretched on the wheel look silly.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I thought so to when I had 285s in the rears, now I'm guilty of stretched tires and aggressive offsets and guess what ... I LOVE IT!!!! 285s w high offsests are so boring, go aggressive and stretch those babies it looks hella sick.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
kimchi29

Hellaflush – Fatlaceâ„¢ Since 1999

some of the stuff i like and some of the stuff i dont
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Only some cars can pull this look off, I've seen ridiculous looking cars trying to do this and don't look right.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 PM
loz

far out looks hot!

what are the offsets on the rear? looks very aggressive!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by abice
I want those rims i love the color,
but i don't mean to be dumb, i just have a curious question, aren't those tires not wide enough for the rims? I thought that when the rims stick out like that that means the tires aren't wide enough, isn't that bad for the car?
It is not ideal for daily or spirited driving. Looks great at shows though.

Can someone please explain to me when and why it became "fashionable" to put a wheel & tire package on a car that looks like the tires are too narrow for the wheels? I mean, seriously, the lip on that rim extends much farther out then the side wall of the tire....or even the bead area for that matter.

When did people start liking that look?
About a year ago...I think

Okay... but I always thought hellaflush meant that the offset of the wheels were completely flush with the fender lip. I kinda like the flush look, but I still think the too narrow tires that appear stretched on the wheel look silly.
It did at one point and then (not sure when) the definition of "flush" changed. Now "flush" actually means sticks out. Try to wrap you mind around that.

I love the flush (old definition) look and I also like stretched tires but I like them to actually fit the rim.

I am old too I guess.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Stanced370Z

A lot of ppl don't understand the stretched look, but to me it looks amazing. The car does not handle any differently from the 305's i used to run. I can drive like a douche on these tires and have never had any problems with the stretch. It just looks insane when you look at the rear of the car and you see the rims poking out with negative camber. I'll never go back to regular tires.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by Slammed37S
A lot of ppl don't understand the stretched look, but to me it looks amazing. The car does not handle any differently from the 305's i used to run. I can drive like a douche on these tires and have never had any problems with the stretch. It just looks insane when you look at the rear of the car and you see the rims poking out with negative camber. I'll never go back to regular tires.
I guess I'm one of those guys who just doesn't understand it then....seriously, it looks like a mistake. The lip of the rim isn't supposed to be the outermost part of the tire & wheel assembly. It looks to me like someone who couldn't afford wide tires and decided to get less expensive narrow tires instead. LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'm one of those guys who just doesn't understand it then....seriously, it looks like a mistake. The lip of the rim isn't supposed to be the outermost part of the tire & wheel assembly. It looks to me like someone who couldn't afford wide tires and decided to get less expensive narrow tires instead. LOL
I think the purpose is for when you hit a curb only your wheels get scratched and you don't mess up your tires..
Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Stanced370Z

lol that's your opinion but i prefer the hellaflush look compared to the hellatucked look. Everytime I see a G with rims now and conservative offsets it looks funny to me. To each his own I guess.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Slammed37S
lol that's your opinion but i prefer the hellaflush look compared to the hellatucked look. Everytime I see a G with rims now and conservative offsets it looks funny to me. To each his own I guess.

+ 1

I think it looks great man! Probably my fav wheel set up of yours so far..
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Stanced370Z

Originally Posted by jarborn1
+ 1

I think it looks great man! Probably my fav wheel set up of yours so far..
Thanks man yeah these are definitely my favorite out of all of my previous wheels. I was iffy on the gunmetal when i asked for it like that but once i mounted them my jaw dropped. I'll probably sell them soon though.

I want to keep the car but they're giving me a great deal for a new 370Z (2k under invoice), which is unheard of. Yeah you can call it a downgrade but I really want a 6MT, and the things I would do to that Z would be incredible. My car is pushing 40k, and nothing beats the handling and power of the Z. The thing felt beast on the test drive. I go tomorrow to talk numbers and see what they say.

Quick Reply: Matte Gunmetal Vossen CV1 Photoshoot on PG. Must see!