Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

what do you think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:08 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make the features like (fins, holes, canards, vents.....etc) black to accent them so they pop more instead of blending in with the rest of the body so it doesn't seem like an unfinished plastic model.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:11 AM
j37hasag37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touche' yeah i like that. awesome thanks you made my beer more tasty
Old 05-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Aaron

Originally Posted by j37hasag37

alright so big question for all the critiques out there: What would you do? what changes would you make? i chose this forum for help. help me out. anyone want to answer the question?
If it was my car, which it is not, and I wanted to drop the amount of money you appear to have dropped, I would return it to stock and start over. Probably can a TS kit all around with some headlight modifications done.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 AM
j37hasag37

yeah but whats the point when so many g37 owners have the same product? its like going to a car show and seeing the same thing over and over. show would die out. thats just an example im throwing out there.

i thought about starting over. but then i be starting from point A again. just doing what i can do with what i got.

im trying for something with uniqueness. or are those ideas dead?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:48 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will say what I like about it: wheels, hood and trunk. everything else just does not work, but props for trying to be different.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:52 AM
wesley

it hurts to look at, no joke
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 AM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by j37hasag37
yeah but whats the point when so many g37 owners have the same product? its like going to a car show and seeing the same thing over and over. show would die out. thats just an example im throwing out there.

i thought about starting over. but then i be starting from point A again. just doing what i can do with what i got.

im trying for something with uniqueness. or are those ideas dead?

Good for you! Sometimes it's hard to see the potential in something when it's one-off or uncommon. But props for going different. COme to the meet in 2 weeks in Montclair for some free BBQ.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 AM
j37hasag37

yeah ill be in france then for a business trip. but yeah ill stop with a friend or something. is there another car meet any time sooner in this month or in june?

well again for the crowd keep it coming. this is GOLD.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 AM
G37HKS

gratz on what u have done to your car.. I kinda like it

please paint it Matte black and that **** will look beast and murder
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Tone down the front a little, wider wheels or spacers to go with the wide body. Add a top secret style carbon fiber diffuser and a gt style wing to match the aggressive look in the back. Maybe a different color scheme. Reminds me of JR's car.

I agree with the op. If we don't have people like you who pushes the envelope, we'd have a bunch of similar looking cars. Danny ( ucla bruin) idea is good. Keep us updated with ur progress.

Last edited by myk1013; 05-12-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:55 AM
j37hasag37

Yeah about the wing. i was told when i was living in japan wing has no true purpose unless your car is 500 + hp. i got this from a daikoku meet in yokohama. but yeah i got spacers ordered and en route. but yeah keep the opinions and ideas or what not flowing.

keep it coming.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:14 AM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
maybe all matte black and use UCLA's idea and paint the accents gloss black
Old 05-12-2010, 03:54 AM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
First, please understand that I am def not trying to disrespect your work & effort you've invested so far into your G. But after reading this whole thread, I am getting the sense that you've invested quite alot of $$ into your G, yet you are unsure of your goal/plan for your car.

It's great to be unique & different when it comes to modding cars, but sometimes there is a reason why people don't do certain things. IMO your car has some potential if you make some major changes (i.e. custom paint, rear diffuser, spoiler, more aggressive wheels, etc). I am sure you've realized by now but modding cars isn't a cheap hobby. So making changes after changes really isn't practical or cost effective.

I think you need to first decide what you are trying to achieve, so that you can do it right the first time around. Decide if you are going for that sporty, classy, or aggressive look. Then carefully plan things out & mod accordingly. Be patient & take things slow. I wouldn't want to invest thousands of dollars into my car, then realize that it wasn't the look I was trying to achieve.

Like many said, props for trying to bring some different to the table. But it seems like you have lot more work ahead to make things flow with the car. You should utilize the forum more for ideas/feedback from the guys here. Many of them are very knowledgeable. There are a lot of resources out there to help to guide you the right direction.

In the end, remember that it's YOUR car. What others say about your car should be considered, but should not be the ultimate deciding factor for you when making decisions.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and GL w/ your work in progress.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 AM
j37hasag37

Hey thanks for the comment. your input is appreciated. thank you.

But i do know what im going to do. I'm not doing it for anyone else but me. 100 ideas is better than simply 1 idea. tweak and peak it and bam you have something maybe you couldnt see from a different perspective you know. and that is what i am doing.

i just want to change some things up. so i ask the public, and the public is giving.

but thank you all keep it coming.

what if i told you i spent $0 on all this? everyone on here would call me a liar. lol

KEEP IT COMING GENTS!

btw what would you do differently?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about...

A real TS kit molded to the car, painted matte black, fully built engine/transmission pushing something bada$$ like a T51R KAI or T88H + nitrous, lowered on Volks/iForged/DPE/Forgeline/etc.

Course with how much you'd have to invest to get to that stage, I woulda just gotten a nicer car to begin with.

Last edited by JLai; 05-12-2010 at 10:04 AM.