Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Neon/LED/Under glow lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 PM
wesley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
nice i like it, ignore the comments, it looks sick!
Thank you. Everyone else is just following the crowd. They dont think them selves. They just want to agree with everyone else and are afraid to voice their opinions.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by wesley
Thank you. Everyone else is just following the crowd. They dont think them selves. They just want to agree with everyone else and are afraid to voice their opinions.
I’m afraid you’re wrong. Most of the posters in this thread have been around for years and have no qualms in giving their own opinions. The one person who agrees with you, in a way, proves that.

You may have to face the fact that in an Infiniti forum for owners of upscale cars there’s a general sense of disgust for any mod that looks cheap or in their opinion is in poor taste, and by your starting this thread you should have expected that.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I’m afraid you’re wrong. Most of the posters in this thread have been around for years and have no qualms in giving their own opinions. The one person who agrees with you, in a way, proves that.

You may have to face the fact that in an Infiniti forum for owners of upscale cars there’s a general sense of disgust for any mod that looks cheap or in their opinion is in poor taste, and by your starting this thread you should have expected that.
I have to echo EXACTLY what Chekov said. Everyone here does in fact think for themselves, as you can see in the many many threads where people go back and forth about different things.

Unfortunately you have just chosen to do something that is completely out of place for this kind of car. If you like it, great. But you should have expected people saying what they are on a forum such as this.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Hayabusa02

Personally, I have never minded neon on cars. I wouldn't do it on my daily driver, but I have done my share of show cars for SEMA and HIN and they have their place. WHen you do a crazy show car they look good, but for just driving down the road on a daily driver, not so much. I really don't get why soooo many people hate on people who like it. I'd rather see that on a car than the red/white/etc....cars with black hoods and roofs and no black paint to blend the two together. Nothing cheapens the look of a car more than that to me. If you want the carbon fiber look then spend the money to blend the two together and make them look like they belong.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
wesley

its funny because i got the lights from ledglow and there is an ad for it on the top of the page
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
loz

^^ Those are google adverts, they look for common keywords in the page, so as to provide relevant adverts that would generate the most clickthroughs.

Hence why they are appearing on a page about neons.

...back in 2000 when i was 19 i threw neons on my SC400 for a car show...

I then proceeded to pull them off 2 months later after the first f&f came out, realizing my car fitted a stereotype usually reserved for 2 guys in a convertible...

Last edited by loz; 04-11-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol at the "2 guys in a convertible" look!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Not my style... At all. But if you like it, that's what matters.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:24 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I smell a troll...first the batman emblem and now this?? lulz
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 AM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't see why not. Personally, I wouldn't want to have that, but I am not gonna bash other for trying to be unique.

I saw people install those on Jags, S class Benz, and yesterday there was a really modded 350z with under lights not so bright, matching some of the vinyls in color. Actually I thought that was quite cool.

I mean where do you draw the line? Are BMW eagle eye mods rice? what about 180 customs that we have here? No, right, what's the logic behind assigning under neons to a grainy food group?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 AM
loz

^ ^ ^ Neons on a Jag, Benz or BMW

I mean Audi Daytime running lights and BMW angel eyes are just factory rice, they probably sold an extra 5% more cars because of those styling things alone, but thats only because people go for **** factor.

Neons though: i guess if they complement and complete a car : an off-its-head drift car that is making massive power that actually has some racing cred or one of those crazy japanese cruising vans that are completely over the top anyway... then yeah maybe...

But throwing them on a standard car?....
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by loz
^ ^ ^ Neons on a Jag, Benz or BMW

I mean Audi Daytime running lights and BMW angel eyes are just factory rice, they probably sold an extra 5% more cars because of those styling things alone, but thats only because people go for **** factor.

Neons though: i guess if they complement and complete a car : an off-its-head drift car that is making massive power that actually has some racing cred or one of those crazy japanese cruising vans that are completely over the top anyway... then yeah maybe...

But throwing them on a standard car?....
Agreed, trust me those Benzos and Jags with neons were pimped beyond recognition. Some of the Japanese folks here know how to show off, and they have cash to do it.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
LightningG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, first I'll say....terrible, take it off. But......not if you really like it that much. Rather than just leave it at that or bash and run, I will take the time to explain why I don't care for it. Usually when I see that look, it is on a much cheaper car, (i.e. old civic or jacked up pick-em-up-truck). It screams "look at me" like an Emo kid in a military school, just don't fit. If you look at the work that guys like Igor at 180Custom are doing with the leds, you can see the contrast of quality customized craftsmanship can do for these cars vs some cheapy solution you can get at the local Pep-boys. I think the reason you see so many other votes against this look is that we respect the quality of our cars enough to not down-grade them with stuff like this. In the end though, it is about what makes you happy and your reasons for wanting this, so if it makes you happy, than I vote for it, but don't think its because people are afraid to voice their opinions.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Igor does do quality work.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bet all the kids at recess LOVE it!

Quick Reply: Neon/LED/Under glow lights