Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

More Air Ride Suspension Vids (UAS)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
donpisto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IvoryG
Anyway we can get a pic of your trunk layout? Tank and compressors. It sounds like the compressor are not to bad. That was the part I hated the most when I used to bag trucks back in the 90's haha.
He has no sound deadening whatsoever. He'll be using Second Skin sound deadening materials. Damplifier Pro mat for the base and Luxury Liner Pro for reducing unwanted airborne frequencies. It will definitely quiet the sound inside the cabin. Gotta stick with the best right?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
My trunk is dirty and messy Going in for custom trunk soon though. Screw it I'll snap one later, you guys can laugh at my cute sub LOLOL

It's new and it's good! Hahah jk, it's same price as the 380cc but performs better just like the 480cc, only 40cc less but saves a good amount of $ and does the job.

Just got a kit for a g35 sedan on my team, stay tune for pics and vids in a few weeks, doing a full project for him for the new season, stay tuned
Just to add, the difference from the 440 to 480 won't be that noticeable. We're talking just a couple seconds to get it was at before. And there are thinner lines availble. I know some people prefer it to drop down slower, going with a smaller line will do that, its up to you if you want it to be slow, medium, or quick. G37Rider has it as quick, but as you can see, you can still take your time about it..rather than holding the button you repeatedly tap it.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Namir
Registered Member

I don't know much about bags but wouldn't it be smart to set the rear down before the front? That way you wouldn't be angling the nose down and touching the ground with the front lip every time you lower the car.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
donpisto

Wouldn't really matter...if you set the rear down, you also risk hitting the exhaust canisters first. It's personal preference on how you want to lower it. You can do the rear a little, then front, then rear front, then rear, or the reverse. You can do all at the same time if you want as well.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm going in I'm going in.

Airbag, yummmy
Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I really am surprised there are not more people on here with air ride. As low as everyone wants to go on here all the time, this is an awesome setup.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:15 PM
donpisto

IMHO, I think some people fear air suspension setups because they think it will have a boat-like ride. Let's face it, what car doesn't have a boat like ride when it's raised all the way up? You're not as close to the ground, so you're not as stable.

As for air suspension, I've ridden in it and I was VERY surprised. I still had my doubts that it wouldn't be the least bit like a boat feeling. It wasn't. I'm sure it helps if you have shocks that have dampening adjustment.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I think your right. Not many people know that companies like Air Ride Technologies have track days where they envite people to come try their stuff. Pretty impressive what they're doing with the newer technology out there.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I took this car today going 135mph and took a badazz turn goiung 40-50 to the point my slip lights were coming on HAHAHA. Handles like an animal no problem. Alot of people dont use it on here because not alot of vendors push it, many vendors rather push what makes them more money and many vendors just have no knowledge and push what they already know. Me I step it in, do it for myself first, then show the community, than stand next to it, than push it. I would never sell something I wouldn't even put on my own car, of course unless if the customer pushes me lol.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

It is a 2k+ investment so not everybody can afford it, with coils + air bags set up youre looking 3k +.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
IMHO, I think some people fear air suspension setups because they think it will have a boat-like ride. Let's face it, what car doesn't have a boat like ride when it's raised all the way up? You're not as close to the ground, so you're not as stable.

As for air suspension, I've ridden in it and I was VERY surprised. I still had my doubts that it wouldn't be the least bit like a boat feeling. It wasn't. I'm sure it helps if you have shocks that have dampening adjustment.
Couldn't agree more...

People are mostly concerned with ride quality & reliability. Personally, I will be riding slammed the entire time when I get those and will be getting aligned with that drop, once I get to those homo speed bumps, then I'll simply rise up then back down again after the speed bump. I just want be assured that my ride will still ride nice and that I won't wake up one morning to see my ride resting on the ground coz there's was a leak somewhere lol
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
It is a 2k+ investment so not everybody can afford it, with coils + air bags set up youre looking 3k +.
If you wanna talk about cost savings imagine what it could have done before you got it. Me personally, would have avoided me having to buy a new bumper. It's a great benefit for anyone that wants to ride low or have that low stance and not worry about scraping, cracking, breaking their bumper or scratching their exhaust.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Couldn't agree more...

People are mostly concerned with ride quality & reliability. Personally, I will be riding slammed the entire time when I get those and will be getting aligned with that drop, once I get to those homo speed bumps, then I'll simply rise up then back down again after the speed bump. I just want be assured that my ride will still ride nice and that I won't wake up one morning to see my ride resting on the ground coz there's was a leak somewhere lol
That's what I'm talking about. Me personally, I'm gonna be driving to the point where you can't see tires, where the fender looks like it's on the wheels. I think weather or not you have leaks or whatnot really depends on the installer. I'd advise anyone to take it to someone that knows what they're doing, just as you would with your other mods.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Couldn't agree more...

I assure you it will ride nice and you will like it, I assure you it will still perform

As for on the ground with leaks I never heard such things so you will be ok
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
worldcrafter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that is sick i love it

is the car bouncy when driving?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Bouncy? As in less performance boat bouncy? Nope, as in stiff coil bouncy? Yup. I stiffen my coils so it's the good bouncy

All it does it replace the springs, if anything it'll make the car smoother and more comfortable, than if have aftermarket shocks, stiffen that biatch and it rides like coils.

I have coils and it rides smooth either way, very comfortable but yet responsive, everyone whom rode in my car said so, I have not yet to this day receive 1 Negative Feed back from people whom I gave rides too and if I did I would love to hear and share it.

Quick Reply: More Air Ride Suspension Vids (UAS)