Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Chillen at UAS, thought I Share!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks 2c. i'll check on it once i get back from work. and pls ans my above questions = )... thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey man what country you from
Old 11-20-2009, 02:48 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Alright guys. I have some info. I contacted this company thats pretty close to me that does solely air suspension. They work with an air bag company to create a custom fit air strut. This is a strut with an air bag built on to it. Its much better than a bag over coil system.

Im going to make another thread to see what kind of interest there is. Either way this is the route ill most likely be going.

Heres the email i received back today.

Jonathan,
Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delay in response but I was in talks with Bagyard about bagging this G37. We can definitely help you out with bagging the G37! In fact, we'd love to get our hands on something besides a VW/Audi as we are looking to expand our horizons. We have bagged Honda's and Acura's before and we're currently working on a Lexus kit for another stateside client. Our kits are purely bolt on and drive and they require NO modification to the factory suspension components or mounting locations. This is the beauty of Bagyard kits in comparison to our competition. We do not use drop bushings or special mounting plates or any of that rubbish! We like to make our systems fit like stock and ride like stock - except you'll be kissing the ground. You could possibly use the JIC Coils and do a bag over coil setup but the ride would be only marginally better than the coilovers. If you're looking to do it right, I would suggest buying one piece struts as they will give you the best lift/drop and ride. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
Andrew
Heres some pics of some different models they make for the VW guys.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:02 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Solis, i live in south east asia in indonesia, not sure if you ever heard of it (bali would be one of our tourists spot) and btw, i may be the 1st person here to import the nissan skyline coupe(g37 US) since everyone else are getting the more popular fairladys or gtr, that is why i need member's help for infos. probably gonna get alot of my parts from state or japan, since the g37 are more popular there.
And Stoof, you've made my day! that kit seems awesome, but i have never heard of Bagyard before, is that a legitimate company?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes bagyard is a legit company. They mainly specialize in VW/Audi.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bagyard = Junkyard?

haha jkjkjk sounds/looks pretty interesting
Old 11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
ShanesG

thats pretty sweet haha, ay what ever happened to the vid from cruising from your pad to the club that one night???
Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
my friend was drunk while he was video taping, that shiet turned out STUPID lol

Hey, an air bag with a strut built into it is the same as a set of coilovers and putting the UAS bags over it. Same process, different procedures when purchased but same results. It requires no medications when it comes like that yes, that's the only difference, but it's no difference from the K-Sport system. Find out where the company makes their product, cause K-Sport is from Taiwan, I do not want to sport Taiwanese Air Bags. The company states that the strut comes built in with the bag right, it seems like they're doing the same thing everyone else is doing, they just put the strut in firest then send it to you where UAS sends you the bag only, if you wished UAS CAN PUT A STRUT ON FOR YOU BEFORE SENDING IT, so when you receive it you can just install it simply. They use UAS from Japan to USA to everywhere on every car. They were on the History Channel on TV and all over magazines and internet. They're all over the car show industries from low-riders to americans to trucks to euros to imports to vip styled cars. Why not go with a company that is so reputable like that?

Every air bag system has a record of blowing before or issues, that's why after heavy research I don't go for the new companies or unheard of companies. I promise you every company sounds promising, that's how it is. But being in the VIP Scene, everyone runs bags and I hear stories of popped bags on the fwy where the driver almost dies, that's after the company promising them that it will never pop!! With that results I only come down to 2 companies, Air Runner and UAS. Air Runner comes with built in struts too, and its top of the line hands down, so compare any kit with that if wished. There kit runs from 4k starting off to 7k and this is without accessories and installation. You just have to go with this mind-set when going bags for as ignorant as it sounds, if you dont have uas and air runner, just know when you buy something else keep in the back of your head, "UAS and Air Runner is better than this; Proven". Not only that UAS is in-house made bags, right here in the beautiful USA and Air Runner's product come from Japan, every part that comes with that kit is from Japan. Compare to K-Sport etc everything is made in Taiwan.

Long story short: If you want to go bags, go Air Runner or UAS. That's about it, yes it cost more then others, but there's a reason.

Then after you buy your UAS you buy this http://www.accuaircs.com/ if you wished

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 11-20-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
SOLISIMO

wait, I have to keep my coilovers with UAS?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Yes, you remove your springs and then put the Bags over it. When you buy it with the coils together with bags, its same thing they already did it for you. If you want to have something built in, you have to buy another strut or a different coil-over system and have it put on in there. If you want to use your current coils you just mod it to make it fit; easier than you think.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM
BocaIvan

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
my friend was drunk while he was video taping, that shiet turned out STUPID lol

Hey, an air bag with a strut built into it is the same as a set of coilovers and putting the UAS bags over it. Same process, different procedures when purchased but same results. It requires no medications when it comes like that yes, that's the only difference, but it's no difference from the K-Sport system. Find out where the company makes their product, cause K-Sport is from Taiwan, I do not want to sport Taiwanese Air Bags. The company states that the strut comes built in with the bag right, it seems like they're doing the same thing everyone else is doing, they just put the strut in firest then send it to you where UAS sends you the bag only, if you wished UAS CAN PUT A STRUT ON FOR YOU BEFORE SENDING IT, so when you receive it you can just install it simply. They use UAS from Japan to USA to everywhere on every car. They were on the History Channel on TV and all over magazines and internet. They're all over the car show industries from low-riders to americans to trucks to euros to imports to vip styled cars. Why not go with a company that is so reputable like that?

Every air bag system has a record of blowing before or issues, that's why after heavy research I don't go for the new companies or unheard of companies. I promise you every company sounds promising, that's how it is. But being in the VIP Scene, everyone runs bags and I hear stories of popped bags on the fwy where the driver almost dies, that's after the company promising them that it will never pop!! With that results I only come down to 2 companies, Air Runner and UAS. Air Runner comes with built in struts too, and its top of the line hands down, so compare any kit with that if wished. There kit runs from 4k starting off to 7k and this is without accessories and installation. You just have to go with this mind-set when going bags for as ignorant as it sounds, if you dont have uas and air runner, just know when you buy something else keep in the back of your head, "UAS and Air Runner is better than this; Proven". Not only that UAS is in-house made bags, right here in the beautiful USA and Air Runner's product come from Japan, every part that comes with that kit is from Japan. Compare to K-Sport etc everything is made in Taiwan.

Long story short: If you want to go bags, go Air Runner or UAS. That's about it, yes it cost more then others, but there's a reason.

Then after you buy your UAS you buy this AccuAir - Air Suspension if you wished
Very well put...
Old 11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
BocaIvan

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Yes, you remove your springs and then put the Bags over it. When you buy it with the coils together with bags, its same thing they already did it for you. If you want to have something built in, you have to buy another strut or a different coil-over system and have it put on in there. If you want to use your current coils you just mod it to make it fit; easier than you think.
Can you run these with the stock suspension?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:28 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Yes Sir you can, but the thing with that is, you can't adjust how low you can dump it all the way, basically meaning you can't adjust your lowest ride height, like if you didnt want it that low and you want it higher then that for when its dumped all the way you cant adjust it, its kind of like "damn man thats too low, cant I adjust it to when it dumps all the way it sits higher" your response "no you cant, you don't have coils". Why? Well with coils you can adjust the ride height with the coil-over ride height setting! If the car sits too low for you when its dump all the way, simply raise the coils ride height (the original way with the clampers), and then your drop won't be as low as before. And if you want to dump all the way, and sit stupid low, simply lower your coils ride height. That's the advantage of having coils over stock strut, not only that the performance etc etc plays into count also. Plus your stock shocks dont last as long as when its OEM when using bags.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
BocaIvan

So in order to dump your car you need to lower your coils all the way down.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

No, you can dump your car regardless. In order to ADJUST WHAT'S THE LOWEST YOU CAN GO, YOU NEED COILS. If you have stock shocks, it will just dump to the lowest it can go I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. Like let's say you think the car dumps WAY 2 LOW when its dumped all the way, Coils will help you adjust it, compare to having to a remote and sticking your head out the window to see if its OK to not dump anymore yet lol.

Like for example, after my install, i dumped my car, it literally SAT ON THE FLOOR, like LITERALLY, MY BOTTOM FRAME SAT ON THE FLOOR, I didnt want that! So I raised my coils a little bit, so now when its dumped all the way, its almost to the floor! And if I had stock shocks, I wouldn't be able to do it. Sorry if I confused you.

Quick Reply: Chillen at UAS, thought I Share!