Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Chillen at UAS, thought I Share!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 AM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the difference in the Ksport air ride and this system?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 AM
beezy619

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by g37mobbin
there is a version for that...i believe they call it the pancake version where it actually fits in your area where spare tire goes
I think that's only for the Air Runner setup and I'm not sure if that tank is stainless steel like the one UAS offers.

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
Technically, the g37 coupe doesnt have a spare tire "well", its really a false bottom built up made of plastic. So if you were gonna remove the tire for the sake of the tank, you might as well just remove all the plastic too and have twice as deep of a trunk.

As far as a sound system goes, if you were gonna get a custom setup built, and were considering doing air, id get it done at the same time, so they could arrange your system with the tank(s) and compressors and have it all laid out together to accomodate eachother.

Ive been frequenting a vw forum to gather more info on air setups and ive seen alot of sick trunk layouts.

Heres a consolidated thread with a bunch of nice ones.
VWvortex Forums: Air management picture thread
Thanks for the link. Not planning on having a sound system. I just want to have a usable trunk after getting bags. I still want to be able pack at least two of those medium sized roller luggages.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:45 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought 2c was riding on cut coils Good to know hes not
Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
g37mobbin

i think i am close to pulling the trigger on AUS...like i said i will wait after my audio install and see if i hear anything if not i will be prob. making a visit to so cal to get this install
Old 11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
g37mobbin

torn between the two lol...what to get
Old 11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get both! then decide what u want to keep and give me the other one
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
beezy619

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I would get the bags first to complete the exterior stylings, then work on audio.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
SOLISIMO

you need to get both at the same time bc the bag set up takes up trunk space
Old 11-19-2009, 05:25 PM
g37mobbin

lol to late for that option^...did the exact opposite.....doing audio...new body kit...than air bags pending on my friend with KW...should it did the other way around
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
as some of the people asked before, wats the difference between the UAS and KW HLS and Ksport air ride?
I was looking on the air sus but was in dilemma since some of my friends said the ride arent as "stiff" and you wont "feel" the road stuff, and to go coils would be the way, but after watching the video it seems pretty decent. how does the ride compare? will it take away the performance?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
SOLISIMO

I dont know if some of you know but a good air suspension kit is gonna cost you over $3000 if you wanna done and installed right, so I dont know why people are asking for comparison's between a $1000 coil and this. They are two different animals
Old 11-19-2009, 07:50 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

sorry solis, i wasnt really looking into the prices, i was gonna go with top secret coilover plus roberuta if i dun get the air sus, since i am not in the US and i will be shipping either stuff anyway. but i just wanted to have some idea on how the ride will be. i mean, i dun think i can get a chance to ride on some friends car with different suspesion set ups like you guys do in states(which i really envy). so basically how i build my car will solely be based on my knowledge from this forum. (Thanks everyone)
but i gotta admit, your car and 2c's are some of the cars that inspires me on how i will build my car.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
sorry solis, i wasnt really looking into the prices, i was gonna go with top secret coilover plus roberuta if i dun get the air sus, since i am not in the US and i will be shipping either stuff anyway. but i just wanted to have some idea on how the ride will be. i mean, i dun think i can get a chance to ride on some friends car with different suspesion set ups like you guys do in states(which i really envy). so basically how i build my car will solely be based on my knowledge from this forum. (Thanks everyone)
but i gotta admit, your car and 2c's are some of the cars that inspires me on how i will build my car.
Im sorry I thought you were asking about price comparison. What are your goals with car bro
Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

no prob solis. well.. not sure abt goals, but i would love to build somthing that can be a DD but at the same time wont have problems driving through the bad roads in my country, that is why i was thinking of the air sus. but with some of the comments from my friends, i was holding back as to whether i should go with it or not. tahts why i will be grateful if any of you gurus with the air sus experience would tell me abt it, since the set up i was gonna go for will kill my bank account haha.. but having just lowered cars in my country is almost impossible to drive ard with all those mountain driveways and bad roads
Old 11-19-2009, 08:09 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The roberuta and the kw is like the "cup kit". Here's a cupkit that Auto Fashion is selling.

COILOVER AIR CUP KIT VIP

I'm not a fan of cup kits for I seen no point in it, it still uses air and a tank and compressor. It operates quitely and goes up and down slowly. Too me it's like why, you want to go air ride then do air ride, no electronic stuff, but thats my opinion.

Buying a air ride first or stereo first, don't matter, either way vice versa or together you will have to completely tare everything out and strip it apart and re-do it anyways. When I do my stereo my tank is coming out and it'll be worked on and built around it, then everything will be located precisely where I want it and wabam. Vice vera if you have a stereo already, either way its gotta be worked on. So dont worry about buying what first.

Quick Reply: Chillen at UAS, thought I Share!