Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My Carbon G37.. Behind the scenes pics at Strasse Forged photoshoot and track :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
CarbonG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Carbon G37.. Behind the scenes pics at Strasse Forged photoshoot and track :)

Yup another newbie here! I see my hiprofile friends posted my car up a while back b4 i got my carbon rims and splitter on. Here's some pics i snapped with my digi of my G at a photoshoot for Strasse Forged and pics at the homestead speedway track

Some of my mods:

Strasse Forged Carbon Fiber SM8 3 piece wheels
Carbon fiber splitter
Seibon carbon fiber hood
Seibon carbon fiber trunk
Seibon carbon fiber spoiler
Catback exhaust
Fujita intake
Nitrous
pulleys
eibach pro kit springs
slightly smoked tail lights
Custom black painted headlights, front bumper, roof, and diffuser

Next mods: BBK and TURBO!!

Last edited by CarbonG37; 11-16-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Stanced370Z

Too busy bro. There's too much going on with the car. Not my cup of tea but the parts are quality parts.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
CarbonG37

Hey thanks for the honesty. For each his own. Yea i didnt hold back on the quality of parts. I love the oreo/ panda look. I know some ppl think its too aggressive but i love it. Plus Need for speed is taking my car in for a photoshoot now so somebody out there likes it too!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Strasse Forged Carbon Fiber SM8 3 piece wheels - Knows nothing about it. Not a fan of matching color barrel, but the face looks pretty good.
Carbon fiber splitter - Nice APR splitter. I like.
Seibon carbon fiber hood - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Seibon carbon fiber trunk - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Seibon carbon fiber spoiler - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Catback exhaust - Hard to see on these pictures.
Fujita intake - Not a very good intake choice.
Nitrous - Not my choice for performance.
pulleys - Pullies might cause engine failure on HR/VHR motors so no no for me.
eibach pro kit springs - Good spring. Very subtle drop yet tasty.
slightly smoked tail lights - Not a fan of any vinyls.
Custom black painted headlights, front bumper, roof, and diffuser - Do not like them.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:56 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Strasse Forged Carbon Fiber SM8 3 piece wheels - Knows nothing about it. Not a fan of matching color barrel, but the face looks pretty good.
Carbon fiber splitter - Nice APR splitter. I like.
Seibon carbon fiber hood - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Seibon carbon fiber trunk - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Seibon carbon fiber spoiler - Not a fan of Seibon at all.
Catback exhaust - Hard to see on these pictures.
Fujita intake - Not a very good intake choice.
Nitrous - Not my choice for performance.
pulleys - Pullies might cause engine failure on HR/VHR motors so no no for me.
eibach pro kit springs - Good spring. Very subtle drop yet tasty.
slightly smoked tail lights - Not a fan of any vinyls.
Custom black painted headlights, front bumper, roof, and diffuser - Do not like them.

Youve got to love forums! Tails are painted, i hate vinyls too. Seibon i prefer over vis. the performance i know about and chose to take a risk. Lets see how the turbos turn out About the wheels, they def go with my look and are pretty damn expensive. Real carbon on em, not fake vinyl stickers or painted cf like ive seen on other brands
Old 11-16-2009, 12:58 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
what catback exhaust is that? was it custom fabbed by a shop?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

GTM? Greddy? Power Enterprise? Custom??

What do you have in mind for turbo kit? EMS?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonG37
Hey thanks for the honesty. For each his own. Yea i didnt hold back on the quality of parts. I love the oreo/ panda look. I know some ppl think its too aggressive but i love it. Plus Need for speed is taking my car in for a photoshoot now so somebody out there likes it too!
I'm not sure being shot for NFS is something to be proud of. I think we all know what those cars look like.

As for the quality of the parts, you did quite a bit of holding back...

Seibon isn't known for their quality, they're known as a cheap alternative. You got springs instead of coils. Again, cost, as this will in the long run destroy your shocks.

CF laid on wheels isn't my thing either. If you want a mesh rim, get the original

Something tells me you're not going to be getting a Brembo/AP setup for the bbk
Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
GTM? Greddy? Power Enterprise? Custom??

What do you have in mind for turbo kit? EMS?
Ive already got someone that wants to make a custom turbo kit for me. If not maybe power enterprise
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by Mike
I'm not sure being shot for NFS is something to be proud of. I think we all know what those cars look like.

As for the quality of the parts, you did quite a bit of holding back...

Seibon isn't known for their quality, they're known as a cheap alternative. You got springs instead of coils. Again, cost, as this will in the long run destroy your shocks.

CF laid on wheels isn't my thing either. If you want a mesh rim, get the original.

How was redline?
Let me ask you, what do you have done to yours? I didnt want coils. I dont like the ride on them. When you spend a few grand on 3 piece wheels let me know. Why is it ppl sit behind a computer and try to bring ppl down instead of appreciate blood sweat and tears ppl put into their cars. like i stated i know its aggressive but its what i was looking for.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Mike

I'm not sure what blood sweat and tears went into your car. It's not like you custom fabbed your own parts. You just bought off the shelf stuff and put it on.

Not holding back on quality would be importing the authentic stuff yourself.

I hope the creator of your "custom turbo kit" has worked on a VHR before, as this engine has proven to be difficult for even the most experienced shops out there, even ones with tons of previous VQ experience (GTM, JWT, FP, Cobb, Uprev, to name a few)

As for appreciating aggressive, this is not aggressive at all. Not much custom work beyond the paint job. No unique parts except maybe the wheels. No crazy aero kit. No crazy power. Then again, aggressive is subjective.

If you're happy with the car, you're happy with the car.

Put it up on the internet, and you'll get opinions. You have yours, I have mine.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by Mike
I'm not sure what blood sweat and tears went into your car. It's not like you custom fabbed your own parts. You just bought off the shelf stuff and put it on.

Not holding back on quality would be importing the authentic stuff yourself.

I hope the creater of your "custom turbo kit" has worked on a VHR before, as this engine has proven to be difficult for even the most experienced shops out there, even ones with tons of previous VQ experience (GTM, JWT, FP, Cobb, Uprev, to name a few)
thanks for the "advice". Im soooo sorry i dont manufacture my own parts. I guess you do? You still havent stated what you have done to your g37.... I still havent decided to go custom turbo. And if anything ever were to go wrong, i know theres a risk and im willing to face the consequences
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Mike

a few grand on 3 piece wheels?

I own multiple sets of wheels, and have one piece forged wheels that go for more than a few grand for a set (I'm not sure why you even brought up a price to begin with... you already stated you didn't hold back). I swap wheels and tires on a whim, its convenient when you have multiple sets in your garage. I own 5 sets of wheels and tires right now.

I don't post my mods, because I don't need anyone else's opinions about my car. I like what I have, and the car is for me.

Back to the topic of ride quality:

You don't like coils for the ride quality, but the ride on large rims with thin tires and springs with mismatched shocks is better? I'd like to get your feedback on this, as a properly matched up damping rate with spring with a good rim/tire choice will easily outperform a badly matched setup. Of course when looks are the priority, it's a different story. BLUESLATE went from eibachs to coils, and he hasn't looked back.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honesty sucks.

Since maybe I did a little bit of work on my own and helped get some stuff made for our car I can speak freely.

1. Paint the rods for your APR splittler. Looks funny since you have no metal/chrome showing. I had this on my car last year.

2. Seibon is not the best. Yours looks like it fits better than others, but again, it is not the best. It is more show than for a performance mod as it is heavy

3. Nitrous is the cheap way out... I know your going turbo, so then it will be a good addition.

4. no clue on pulleys, but if they are not safe for a 10K motor, wouldn't do it.

5. Rims are ok. The face is nice, but the white barrel even if color matched is 1995. I had HRE's on my whip and did a color matched face with chrome barrel. Do a chrome barrel and those rims you got would be fire.

6. Intake= power loss.

7. Headlights= nice.

8. Springs vs coils. coils rule. I had the KW's (two versions) prototype and production ones. Both rode better than stock, had better handling and ride but I could have my car as high or low as I wanted. Plus, they are on sale b/c they don't cost anything near 3g's.

Overall, I think it is a decent looking show car but just needs a little cleaning up. Take the advise as advise not as a put down and you could make this pretty hot. If you like it, then ignore us all.

go GTM turbo
Old 11-16-2009, 01:29 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

It may sound harsh, but Mike is correct. Your setup isn't aggressive at all IMO. The paint job doesn't make a car look "aggressive". Like aliiin had mentioned, it just look busy although I do understand what you're trying to establish (black/white). And it seems like you're bragging about some 3-piece wheels that you have purchased, but IMO, they're just heavy and have no other significant advantage over other setups.

Whatever you do, it's your car. Weather people think it's ugly or not, it's all your cup of tea. If things you do to your car makes you happy, that's only thing that really counts.

Quick Reply: My Carbon G37.. Behind the scenes pics at Strasse Forged photoshoot and track :)