Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My Carbon G37.. Behind the scenes pics at Strasse Forged photoshoot and track :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
CarbonG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
a few grand on 3 piece wheels?

I own multiple sets of wheels, and have one piece forged wheels that go for more than a few grand for a set (I'm not sure why you even brought up a price to begin with... you already stated you didn't hold back). I swap wheels and tires on a whim, its convenient when you have multiple sets in your garage. I own 5 sets of wheels and tires right now.

I don't post my mods, because I don't need anyone else's opinions about my car. I like what I have, and the car is for me.

Back to the topic of ride quality:

You don't like coils for the ride quality, but the ride on large rims with thin tires and springs with mismatched shocks is better? I'd like to get your feedback on this, as a properly matched up damping rate with spring with a good rim/tire choice will easily outperform a badly matched setup. Of course when looks are the priority, it's a different story. BLUESLATE went from eibachs to coils, and he hasn't looked back.
Ive had other sets of wheels too. The reason i didnt get coils is that my friend in his g35 has coils and bounces alllll over the place. No thanks. And 20 inch wheels arent too big for a 37 at all. These are very light and very expensice 3 piece wheels. About my shocks going out, when that happens ill upgrade. My priority right now is boost. My car is for me too. All you have to say is not your cup of tea. Very simple. I dont go out of my way to try to **** someones day up. I myself havent agreed with ppls mods but dont get into it like i see so many other ppl do. But hey thats life.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy crap! Looks who's back!

I also agree with solopresident's opinion on coilovers. If you spend enough money on your coils (meaning a **** ton), your car will ride like a Lexus on the street, but also will tear up a track like no tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CarbonG37
Ive had other sets of wheels too. The reason i didnt get coils is that my friend in his g35 has coils and bounces alllll over the place. No thanks. And 20 inch wheels arent too big for a 37 at all. These are very light and very expensice 3 piece wheels. About my shocks going out, when that happens ill upgrade. My priority right now is boost. My car is for me too. All you have to say is not your cup of tea. Very simple. I dont go out of my way to try to **** someones day up. I myself havent agreed with ppls mods but dont get into it like i see so many other ppl do. But hey thats life.
But before boosting your car, consider getting some supporting mods first.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
But before boosting your car, consider getting some supporting mods first.
like what?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

All kinds of oil coolers, bigger radiators, more efficient fans, bigger oil pans (or spacer) and etc. lol

Just some simple basic stuffs.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 AM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carbon well props for doing it quick and getting things done...as well welcome to the boards..as they said people will have their opinion....but as long as your happy that is all that matters....i am not into the zerba/panda/oreo look...but to his, his own

if you do not mind me asking...who do you know to get NFS to do a photoshoot....lol
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM
CarbonG37

Oh. all thats gonna be done at the same time as the turbo or turbos. About the white lips, i actually had chrome lips and wasnt happy with chrome. Chromes actually more 1995. I sent the wheels back to replace the chrome lips with color matched lips. I really dont have chrome on the car so i haddd to get rid of it. I was thinking of painting the rods for the splitter. Who knows, if and when the shocks go out, maybe ill just drop in some coils in they ride that well. I just didnt think tein coils did but ill check other brands out

Last edited by CarbonG37; 11-16-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
If your wheels are lighter than comparably sized Volk or BBS wheels, you have my attention.

If your friend's coils are super bouncy, then there are a few things to look at:

Did he buy a set of track/race coilovers that are not meant for street use? A lot of people buy these because "expensive must mean better". If they ARE street coilovers, then he needs to lower his low-speed bound setting and up his low-speed rebound setting. If the coils are single adjustable, then just lower the setting period, and maybe buy some softer springs to go with it.

You gonna get a baller BBK like solopresident? He had 12 piston fronts
Old 11-16-2009, 01:44 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by g37mobbin
Carbon well props for doing it quick and getting things done...as well welcome to the boards..as they said people will have their opinion....but as long as your happy that is all that matters....i am not into the zerba/panda/oreo look...but to his, his own

if you do not mind me asking...who do you know to get NFS to do a photoshoot....lol

I didnt know any1. I was with my team Hiprofile at dub show miami and these guys came up to me and offered me the deal. That was b4 i even got my splitter or cf wheels. Thanks for the props.

About the bbk im looking at rotora. Im def happy with 6 piston.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You are hereby officially to be known henceforth as "The Panda".
Old 11-16-2009, 01:48 AM
CarbonG37

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You are hereby officially to be known henceforth as "The Panda".

lmao. exactly the look im going for
Old 11-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonG37
lmao. exactly the look im going for
There's a guy in Austin with a 4th generation Maxima with the same scheme. It's certainly not like your G37, but I'll try to find some pics.

Brother from another mother

Last edited by Black Betty; 11-16-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Mike

Carbon fiber/magnesium wheel for ya =]

19x11, 15.42 lbs each. $10k/set shipped.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 AM
CarbonG37

Carbon fiber/magnesium wheel for ya =]

19x11, 15.42 lbs each. $8600/wheel.[/quote]

If im correct my wheels weighed under and around 22 pounds in the rear and 24 pounds front which makes sense and isnt heavy at all for 3 piece t6 6061 aircraft aluminum 20 inch wheels. did u have that picture saved or actually went outta your way to find, save, upload, and post lmaooooooooooo ? Not to mention ive already read that wheels like those are already warping. Mine were not far from 8k.if thats 86 ea wheel props to the guys that get em. Do you have em? doubt it cuz youd def post your car if you did. Ppl cease to amaze me

Last edited by CarbonG37; 11-16-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Mike

I saw these at SEMA 3 years ago.

You must know a lot of euro guys, since fitment for these on 114/100 is super rare. 130 is by far the most common size, followed by 120.

I never had a problem with the CF rims I've owned, and neither has everyone else I know. Course, these are on bikes, not cars...

CF doesn't warp. It shatters. Forged Mg is stronger than forged Al.

You paid 8k for your wheels?

Quick Reply: My Carbon G37.. Behind the scenes pics at Strasse Forged photoshoot and track :)