Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 PM
BocaIvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any wheel that gets hit that hard is going to have significant damage. Maybe not to that extent but it'll be bad.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So much hate 2c... That mitsubishi saved ur life without airbags. Need to see the positives in life IMO. After a near death situation I'd be more greatful, but that again is my opinion only.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
So much hate 2c... That mitsubishi saved ur life without airbags. Need to see the positives in life IMO. After a near death situation I'd be more greatful, but that again is my opinion only.
Geeoh my bad if you assume the way I talk is hatred, it's just the way I talk, big mouth sometimes rude and not caring nor proofreading and have no thoughts to filter my talk, alot of times I'm just saying a statement and people like damn hes a hater, oops. But for sure I respect your opinion for I do think the same, and yes I am VERY GRATEFUL. But you have to understand, paying almost 30k for a car and the air bags didnt pop ud be mad, and technically the car didn't save me, i was crushed inside, the firefighters saved my life with their quickness and skills and god saved me from my injuries. They have to cut the car to pieces cause there's no way I could've got out, that's why I have NO DOORS lol.

May sound dumb but I escaped death many times and it didnt have to do with a car and I think thats what made me for whom I am today. The things I seen in my life I'll gladly get in the car and crash it again instead of going through what I did when I was young LOL.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Glad to hear 2C. You prolly have a higher purpose in life. I'll make sure to stay on your good side

Back to topic. Isn't the ones that have the rims and daily drive them and fully experience them have the bigger opinions on if these rims suck or not. IMO they do the job. Same weight as my OEM 18s. Wider tires to suppliment my swaybars, looks and style and at an affordable price. When I take these out to the track well see if they hold up...until then these are street capable.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
donpisto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BocaIvan
Any wheel that gets hit that hard is going to have significant damage. Maybe not to that extent but it'll be bad.
No doubt, wheels are not invincible. I guess nobody saw the picture I posted so maybe I'll show it again...

Here's a few more. All you can see is a bent wheel, but nothing shattered.

That damage is FAR worse than the Z's, but the wheels look to be fine. Can someone explain that?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey I admitt, they do look good, and yes they do the job. I guess my argument was the damage on it from the impact so too much and IMO I think another rim could've took the damage better. But then again I'm not a rim expert maker, I'm a retailer and enthusiast. Either way Geeoh it looks clean foshizzle, just be careful and I DOUBT ULL EVER FIND OUT IF ITS BAD OR NOT

Donpisto.....holy shaaat...that car looks FAWKED UP. LOL btw what wheels r those?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Nicks supra didn't slam into a wall in the same condition as branden's Z so it doesnt prove anything cept posting random accidents that has no relavence to the arguement...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
donpisto

I guess, that's just avoiding the point I'm coming across. Doesn't really matter WHAT you crashed into, it's the velocity and force of the impact. Are you saying Branden's Z had a larger impact than Nick's Supra?

He hit a palm tree at a high speed. I can go into how solid a palm tree is but I think that's besides the point. A vehicle can be hit by another car at a high speed by another vehicle and that can have the same damage as a vehicle spinning out at a slower speed at a stable wall, tree, whatever. I understand that you're sponsored by Chikara, and maybe the expect you to say something, maybe not. I personally wouldn't say anything at all, but that's just me. But I'm sure they'd expect you to back them up so it doesn't affect their name. I'm not arguing against that they look pretty good for the price you pay, I'm arguing that their quality is not what other wheel companies have, like some of the expensive ones and even some of the less expensive ones.

So some of these pictures are completely relevant. You can't say that it has to happen the EXACT same way to be a reliable test. Like I said, the force and impact determines quite a bit on the damage, and so does the quality of a product.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Hey I admitt, they do look good, and yes they do the job. I guess my argument was the damage on it from the impact so too much and IMO I think another rim could've took the damage better. But then again I'm not a rim expert maker, I'm a retailer and enthusiast. Either way Geeoh it looks clean foshizzle, just be careful and I DOUBT ULL EVER FIND OUT IF ITS BAD OR NOT

Donpisto.....holy shaaat...that car looks FAWKED UP. LOL btw what wheels r those?
AVUS af-501.

Before someone tries to flame Avus without knowing what or who they are, might wanna do a quick google on them to find out how quality those rims are. Just a quick tidbit, they've been used on F1 cars.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by donpisto
I guess, that's just avoiding the point I'm coming across. Doesn't really matter WHAT you crashed into, it's the velocity and force of the impact. Are you saying Branden's Z had a larger impact than Nick's Supra?

He hit a palm tree at a high speed. I can go into how solid a palm tree is but I think that's besides the point. A vehicle can be hit by another car at a high speed by another vehicle and that can have the same damage as a vehicle spinning out at a slower speed at a stable wall, tree, whatever. I understand that you're sponsored by Chikara, and maybe the expect you to say something, maybe not. I personally wouldn't say anything at all, but that's just me. But I'm sure they'd expect you to back them up so it doesn't affect their name. I'm not arguing against that they look pretty good for the price you pay, I'm arguing that their quality is not what other wheel companies have, like some of the expensive ones and even some of the less expensive ones.

So some of these pictures are completely relevant. You can't say that it has to happen the EXACT same way to be a reliable test. Like I said, the force and impact determines quite a bit on the damage, and so does the quality of a product.
are we talking which car took the most impact cuz it would definately be the supra. But which accident did the rims take the most impact head on towards the spokes and lugs? The Z IMO. did the barrel of the chikaras give out? I dunno ask branden and see if the barrel is warped or bent.

Do i have to roll my car to see if the chikara's stand up to the test? No. The fact of the matter is, the chikara can't take direct impact to a wall at whatever velocity speeds in a Z. Until we get some bends and damages from hitting pot holes, speed bumps, curbs, train tracks etc., your accident hypothesis shouldn't make a difference on if others should purchase the chikara wheels or not. I'm just against assumptions because i hate to see someone's decision sway'ed by heresay and assumptions vs research and real life experience...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

regardless if these were chikara's, volks, iforged or whatever. I would defend them until certain circumstances and proof arises and changes my opinions. Until then, just because i defend chikaras doesn't mean i'm liable and it's in my contract. Why is me and Branden defending chikara wheels? Because we have them on our vehicles and we put our vehicles through daily test and in our opinion they hold up well. Ask another person who has chikara wheels and lets get a poll if they stand up to every day driving...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Been a while since I seen those pics of Nick Hogans car. Happened about 10 miles from me. The Viper made it out alive. They must have expensive wheels.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
donpisto

I understand your standpoint. As for the Z, I don't think the wheel hit the wall head on. The wheel is tucked within the fender, it needed spacers, so the first impact were the fenders. Besides that, I can understand if the wheel had no lip and was concave. But that Chikara is flat faced and has like a +30 something offset I'm guessing? The force it hit the wall at should have sustained minimal damage, just scratches IMO, to the outer part of the wheel. For the damage to directly impact the spokes/face of the wheel it would be pretty difficult. Originally impact would be the outer portion of the wheel, and that force would transfer to the rest of the wheel.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Been a while since I seen those pics of Nick Hogans car. Happened about 10 miles from me. The Viper made it out alive. They must have expensive wheels.
Nope, doesn't have to be expensive, just quality. It's as simple as wheel studs. Get extended ones and if they are cheap, they will break. You will that has happened with Ichiba's and some other brands (search my350z for it). I stick with H&R because of the engineering behind it. And they're not that much more expensive than Ichibas...just a few bucks.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
regardless if these were chikara's, volks, iforged or whatever. I would defend them until certain circumstances and proof arises and changes my opinions. Until then, just because i defend chikaras doesn't mean i'm liable and it's in my contract. Why is me and Branden defending chikara wheels? Because we have them on our vehicles and we put our vehicles through daily test and in our opinion they hold up well. Ask another person who has chikara wheels and lets get a poll if they stand up to every day driving...
Most wheels in general will withstand daily driving, otherwise it should not even be sold. Drive it hard, get in an accident, then it's more comparable. So far Branden is the only one that has so you can't compare it to anyone else. The proof you want is "let's crash the same vehicle with the same conditions just different wheels." not gonna happen. You don't have to do that kinda test to prove a point either.

Why not find out how the wheels are made, what materials are used, etc? I'm sure Chikara has done some sort of testing on their wheels so lets see it. I'm sure some wheel experts are here on the forums and they can chime in with their knowledge in regards to the tests.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors