Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
regardless if these were chikara's, volks, iforged or whatever. I would defend them until certain circumstances and proof arises and changes my opinions. Until then, just because i defend chikaras doesn't mean i'm liable and it's in my contract. Why is me and Branden defending chikara wheels? Because we have them on our vehicles and we put our vehicles through daily test and in our opinion they hold up well. Ask another person who has chikara wheels and lets get a poll if they stand up to every day driving...
There, you said it. And yeah, daily testing didn't really work out for Branden huh? I sincerely hope Chikara or Chiquito will replace the Z for Branden... although it's not likely to happen.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:53 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
It can happend to any wheel, that doesnt take away from the fact that Chikara are not well made hence the price.
this is true... i have a set of step lip DPE R16's on my car and after hitting a pothole... i bent the front lips, running 245/30 up front and 285/30 back
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
There, you said it. And yeah, daily testing didn't really work out for Branden huh? I sincerely hope Chikara or Chiquito will replace the Z for Branden... although it's not likely to happen.
did the wheels cause his accident? no, the wet conditions did. Don't go changing the subject, the subject is the quality of the wheels. And we didn't say it was as good or a better quality then volks bbs and other forged or higher priced rims (nor can we prove that statement, purely based on experience). We are simply stating that they hold up in everyday daily driving conditions and for 1k a set, that is worth it to me. For the rest, it is your choice if paying 1k for a set of rims is worth it or saving up for another set.

My whole argument is the whole accident and because they shattered it takes away the integrity of the product. When the chikara wheels get damage during normal everyday driving then i'll go forward to a forged rim and agree with everything you all are saying. Until then, these 1k wheels are good for what i need right now and i'll spend the other 1-2k i saved on other mods.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
ShanesG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aliiin
this is true... i have a set of step lip DPE R16's on my car and after hitting a pothole... i bent the front lips, running 245/30 up front and 285/30 back
Yeah, now it takes a good amount of force to bend a DPE lip. Not imagine hitting that same pothole with these wheels. I'd guess you'd have a pretty good chance of actually breaking these wheels if not cracking them and porb in places you would realize. Then you're driving along and hit say another pothole, donezoooo wheel shatters you crash and you got more damage to your car than if you would have just saved up and got some quality wheels where all you'd have to do it "replace" the lip. Sure **** happens to every wheel, but i'll take my wheels bending than completely shattering and potentially cause way more damage.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aliiin
o0o0o
0o0o0o0
00o!

eh man is that ur grl in the avatar? She looks like the type of asian grlz i chase over here, man u best bring her girl friends down to socali with you one day and we party it up maaaang can i get a DUUu MaAa hahahahha

Note: Its ok I bent my wheels too, bent it so bad the guy was like man i dont know how long it will take to fix this, this is not easy and not cheap, i say i pay cash and i pay now and i pay extra! Homeboy got it done in 6hrs LOL!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
o0o0o
0o0o0o0
00o!

eh man is that ur grl in the avatar? She looks like the type of asian grlz i chase over here, man u best bring her girl friends down to socali with you one day and we party it up maaaang can i get a DUUu MaAa hahahahha

Note: Its ok I bent my wheels too, bent it so bad the guy was like man i dont know how long it will take to fix this, this is not easy and not cheap, i say i pay cash and i pay now and i pay extra! Homeboy got it done in 6hrs LOL!
Well atleast you didnt hit a median
Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I had to have one of my Maya STM repaired from hitting a pothole. Not the best wheels but certainly not a bad brand either.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Not as bad as chiquito

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Well atleast you didnt hit a median
LOL oh no

Man all this talk about chiquitos I want one now
Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 PM
BocaIvan

So who is going out to get Chikara rims after reading all of this. LOL
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BocaIvan
So who is going out to get Chikara rims after reading all of this. LOL
Who ever does don't slam your car on walls please.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
did the wheels cause his accident? no, the wet conditions did. Don't go changing the subject, the subject is the quality of the wheels. And we didn't say it was as good or a better quality then volks bbs and other forged or higher priced rims (nor can we prove that statement, purely based on experience). We are simply stating that they hold up in everyday daily driving conditions and for 1k a set, that is worth it to me. For the rest, it is your choice if paying 1k for a set of rims is worth it or saving up for another set.

My whole argument is the whole accident and because they shattered it takes away the integrity of the product. When the chikara wheels get damage during normal everyday driving then i'll go forward to a forged rim and agree with everything you all are saying. Until then, these 1k wheels are good for what i need right now and i'll spend the other 1-2k i saved on other mods.
I'd rather save my 1G and roll on stickies. But if you're happy with chiquitos, that's all you brah.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Not as bad as chiquito

LOL oh no

Man all this talk about chiquitos I want one now
Lol. If you get a set, let me test out the integrity with my punch. Hahaha
Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM
1SickNismo

well not to drag this on but like i said this can happen to any wheel for example heres a murcielago a guy i know got in his shop and sent me pictures he found

i believe he said they were HRE's and the car has almost the same exact damage i had..... so point proven... it can happen to any wheel...
Old 12-19-2009, 04:56 PM
nogoodname
Banned

so these rims are cheapos like rota rims??
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Worse than Rotas.

HRE are baller wheels, but they crack super easily. I heard there was some tracks that banned HRE wheels because it's dangerous to the owner, many European car owners told me HRE is over-rated and it is soft, they tried to buy Work Barrels from them but Work said F U. So yes HRE cracks, and breaks easily, but is it baller still? Yes. HRE Amazing at marketing and all the ballers will run their shiet until the end of time.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors