Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
I understand your standpoint. As for the Z, I don't think the wheel hit the wall head on. The wheel is tucked within the fender, it needed spacers, so the first impact were the fenders. Besides that, I can understand if the wheel had no lip and was concave. But that Chikara is flat faced and has like a +30 something offset I'm guessing? The force it hit the wall at should have sustained minimal damage, just scratches IMO, to the outer part of the wheel. For the damage to directly impact the spokes/face of the wheel it would be pretty difficult. Originally impact would be the outer portion of the wheel, and that force would transfer to the rest of the wheel.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 PM
donpisto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not trying to bash Chikara in anyway, I'm just stating that their quality is not like other wheels. If they were better made like some of the "expensive wheels" or shoot, even the less expensive and still nice looking wheels, they more than likely would have survived the impact and not had the damage to the extent the Chikaras did
Old 12-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd be willing to put money that a Volk/BBS/Work/Enkei would fare better in ANY sort of impact than the Chicaras.

There is simply no way to make a superior quality wheel in those sizes at that price point.

The Chicaras two selling points are looks and price, not strength and quality.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So in conclusion, since chikaras don't hold well in accidents as other wheels double or triple the price. They suck? Is that the cliffnote version?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think if the wheel was protected with wax from Detailed Image it wouldnt have done this
Old 12-15-2009, 04:47 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
So in conclusion, since chikaras don't hold well in accidents as other wheels double or triple the price. They suck? Is that the cliffnote version?
No. The cliffnote version would be pretty much what Mike said

I'd be willing to put money that a Volk/BBS/Work/Enkei would fare better in ANY sort of impact than the Chicaras.

There is simply no way to make a superior quality wheel in those sizes at that price point.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
I think if the wheel was protected with wax from Detailed Image it wouldnt have done this
I'm sure there is some math to support that, lol.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So we are judging wheels by how they hold up in a wreck? Interesting. Who cares if the car is totalled or if you are dead....but thank god the wheels made it out unharmed.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
donpisto

Are you serious? Come on bro, i'm not even speaking about that. Branden is a friend of mine, in our private forum I was shocked to hear and see what happened and my first response was whether he was okay or not and that I felt bad his car got totaled since he was doing so much to it.

This is another topic though, the quality. And YES I am judging a wheel by how they hold up in a wreck, just as I would judge how it holds up with impact upon a pothole. If I hit a pothole, I want my wheel to withstand it (and it sure has as I have stated previously). And if I get in a wreck, I'd hope that the wheels don't just shatter into pieces like that, because what if some idiot decides to T-bone my car and hits my wheels, I wouldn't want to have to replace the wheel and I wouldn't want it to affect other components of the car either..

Funny, just showed a coworker the pic of the wheel, and he knows quite a bit about cars....he said "oh, must be cheap wheels" lol.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
00o0 yeah. I'm a Iforged, DPE, and Iconz Wheels Dealer now, holla for pricing!!

Originally Posted by Kidcane
So we are judging wheels by how they hold up in a wreck? Interesting. Who cares if the car is totalled or if you are dead....but thank god the wheels made it out unharmed.
nah bro, the debate is about how Chiquito wheels are cheap, and others say its not and is comparable to volks, works, bbs etc. When IT IS NOT and we're defending that fact

Originally Posted by Mike

You!! You and your making a good point in 1 short statement every time posts damnt! hahahahah for sure bro. W0o0o BBS! BBS/Volks/Works/Enkeis > Chiquitos, if you disagree folks you are wrong and a newbie, but now you learn and know, but if you all still dont believe, then I'll say what I say to women when they say they have a BF, sounds like a personal problem to me
Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ahhh ok I was too lazy to read the previous 10 pages. Carry on people!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Ahhh ok I was too lazy to read the previous 10 pages. Carry on people!
I don't blame you lol. Yeah, I wish I could be like Mike...and get what I'm tryin to say across in a couple sentences rather than a couple pages, haha
Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Cheap knock-offs FTMFGDL. Get some nice wheels man.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
You!! You and your making a good point in 1 short statement every time posts damnt! hahahahah for sure bro. W0o0o BBS! BBS/Volks/Works/Enkeis > Chiquitos, if you disagree folks you are wrong and a newbie, but now you learn and know, but if you all still dont believe, then I'll say what I say to women when they say they have a BF, sounds like a personal problem to me

I don't know why, but I'm ROFMFLOMA here like crazy reading your shiet 2C!!!

And yes, chiquitos are "BIG" no no. Comprende??
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by donpisto
I'm not trying to bash Chikara in anyway, I'm just stating that their quality is not like other wheels. If they were better made like some of the "expensive wheels" or shoot, even the less expensive and still nice looking wheels, they more than likely would have survived the impact and not had the damage to the extent the Chikaras did

It's okay. Go ahead and bash on them. Them tree branches broke like f'ing dead dried tree man.

Well, part of the reason might be because of the powder-coating which decrease the structural integrity of the wheels..., but otherwise, don't even think about getting them. lol

Quick Reply: Photoshoot with new Chikara LS1 Wheels sponsored by 88 Rotors