Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My New Wheels, Put On The Old Fashioned Way

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:38 AM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Dam!!! CongrAts man looking good!!! How u like em?
I love them, they look sooooo much better in person than they do in any pics. As for weight, I honestly didn't feel any difference in the acceleration/power of the car, that is what I was worried about seeing these are a tad heavier than stock. I really couldn't get myself to go with anything but a 5 spoke wheel, that's what I've always liked but for some reason most of the 5 spoke wheels look funny/awkward on our G's. This split spoke design however removed that funny/awkward sense I got from looking at numerous regular 5 spoke wheels.

I think your wheels would look super sik if u painted the face gloss black, because u have the wide silver lip to compliment it, I saw that on a BMW the other day and it looks nuts. That's what I was planning to do if I went with your wheels a few months back before u decided your weren't going to sell them. Why don't u try to do a swap with someone who has 083' rather than going through the hassle of selling and then buying the 083's all over again?? I will get back to you about my boy that's interested in your wheels if u do decide to just sell them outright. I will be watching football games this afternoon with him and I'll find out, I'll hit u up lata with a PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
BocaIvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good SteveG37
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks steve!!! Let me know
Old 10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
SoFloG37

Nice wheels....lol and youll be rid of that 4x4 look soon enough haha
Old 10-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jnguyen
I thought everyone put their wheels on like this? I don't go to a shop for them to put it on lol. I just get it balance.

Looks good though man

+1 hahaha
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
VONYC

HAHA .. Nice man they look really good, i kind of miss them already !

I hope you enjoy them and i cant wait to see some pictures when its on the stechs !

As for everyone else, stay tuned for my new surprise =x ...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
SteveG37

Originally Posted by VONYC
HAHA .. Nice man they look really good, i kind of miss them already !

I hope you enjoy them and i cant wait to see some pictures when its on the stechs !

As for everyone else, stay tuned for my new surprise =x ...
Thnx bro, I'll def post up some pics when I get the springs in, can't wait to see what u come up with next for wheels, I'm sure they're going to be hawt!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
G35Cfrenzy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice wheels man!! Looks great on your car!! Now you should just take a little extra time and repaint those brake rotors gloss black!! I did mine in a couple of hours without even removing them from the car. I simply used an abrasive sanding pad available at your local hardware store and some rustoleum rusty metal gloss black paint. I scrubbed the rotors wherever there was going to be new paint applied then rinsed the rotors with brake kleen. Then I masked off the calipers and the shiny part of the rotors with some wide masking tape and sprayed away!! Now they look fresh clean and brand new again! It will really compliment those new wheels on YOUR car too!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
SteveG37

Originally Posted by G35Cfrenzy
Nice wheels man!! Looks great on your car!! Now you should just take a little extra time and repaint those brake rotors gloss black!! I did mine in a couple of hours without even removing them from the car. I simply used an abrasive sanding pad available at your local hardware store and some rustoleum rusty metal gloss black paint. I scrubbed the rotors wherever there was going to be new paint applied then rinsed the rotors with brake kleen. Then I masked off the calipers and the shiny part of the rotors with some wide masking tape and sprayed away!! Now they look fresh clean and brand new again! It will really compliment those new wheels on YOUR car too!!
Ty for the compliments, do u have any pics of the painted rotors on ur ride?? I'd love to see how it looks!!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
warrenller

Looks sweeeet nice looking wheels
Old 10-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
awesome!!

clean your exhaust!! lol
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Jav@Vossen
Former Sponsor

looks great!!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the wheels!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 AM
ShanesG

Originally Posted by SteveG37
That's what I thought until most of my friends that I talked to asked where and when I was going to get them put on, and then said I was nuts to take the time and effort to do them myself, "just bring them to a shop to get it done" LOL!
Looks chill!

On another not people who do absolutely no work on their own car should not mod cars IMHO. Never understood how you can be into cars then not even want to touch it
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
SteveG37

Originally Posted by ShanesG
Looks chill!

On another not people who do absolutely no work on their own car should not mod cars IMHO. Never understood how you can be into cars then not even want to touch it
You could not have put it more perfectly, I feel a sense of satisfaction after I complete even a simple mod to my G, and for the life of me can't understand how people go to a shop to have wheels or intakes installed, these are mods that the most non-mechanically inclined can even tackle, like me, LOL!!

Quick Reply: My New Wheels, Put On The Old Fashioned Way