Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My turn to tease...they are sitting in my garage already :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:49 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nutek! what do I win?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:51 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Nutek! what do I win?
Ehh....nothing?!?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:30 AM
WhiteGhost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice!!! Wake me up when you finally get them on!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:00 PM
07BlackG35Stud

All right fellas....tomorrow 8:00am is the moment of truth and these puppies go on! Stay tuned!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
DanMardik

you seriously like these wheels?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:59 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Originally Posted by DanMardik
you seriously like these wheels?
Yup, and apparently I'm not the only one...be my guest and read all 3 pages of comments
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM
DanMardik

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
Yup, and apparently I'm not the only one...be my guest and read all 3 pages of comments
Yea, I did and that's great. My personal taste on wheels is just a bit different then most of the posters on your thread. It's seems almost everybody on this site has the exact same taste which is disappointing IMO. Big lips and gaudy wheels aren't the only solution guys!

Regardless, good luck with the install Pardon my rant.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:09 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Yea, I did and that's great. My personal taste on wheels is just a bit different then most of the posters on your thread. It's seems almost everybody on this site has the exact same taste which is disappointing IMO. Big lips and gaudy wheels aren't the only solution guys!

Regardless, good luck with the install Pardon my rant.
Keep on ranting brother, it doesn't bother me a bit...in fact, that's all your opinion is...an opinion! Big lips? Sure! Gaudy? I think that's subjective to the user of the term. I believe the paint scheme I chose is very conservative, and there isn't anything too flashy about them. Yes, the whole pinstripe deal has blown up and a lot of people have been sporting them, but hey, that's the way style works, it's just like fashion.

By the way, I don't see how we all have the same taste? My set of wheels is one of a kind at this point in time, in fact, I haven't even disclosed the manufacturer yet. If you're referring to the paint scheme being similar to other posters' wheels, I guess the whole "time attack" look grew on us.

Anyhow, since you made me curious, I'm interested to see what you'd consider an attractive set of wheels - please, enlighten me
Old 07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
DanMardik

Keep on ranting brother, it doesn't bother me a bit...in fact, that's all your opinion is...an opinion! Big lips? Sure! Gaudy? I think that's subjective to the user of the term. I believe the paint scheme I chose is very conservative, and there isn't anything too flashy about them. Yes, the whole pinstripe deal has blown up and a lot of people have been sporting them, but hey, that's the way style works, it's just like fashion.

By the way, I don't see how we all have the same taste? My set of wheels is one of a kind at this point in time, in fact, I haven't even disclosed the manufacturer yet. If you're referring to the paint scheme being similar to other posters' wheels, I guess the whole "time attack" look grew on us.

Anyhow, since you made me curious, I'm interested to see what you'd consider an attractive set of wheels - please, enlighten me
Your wheels may be unique in terms of actual design but just take a quick search on eBay and you will see hundreds upon hundreds of wheels that have a similar 5-spoke design pattern with the rivets along with the "TIME ATTACK" red pinstriped wheel on matte black color pattern. Sure it's like fashion and quite honestly.. I can't wait till it's dead.

By all means I am not saying that your wheels are ugly, and as you stated previously my opinion is my opinion. I'm glad you realize that. I wish I could show you pictures upon pictures what examples of the types of wheels I personally like on a G37 but unfortunately I haven't been impressed with any examples so far. Iforged, HRE's, AXIS & Vossen wheel seem to dominate these boards and to me they might as well be manufactured by one company as they all look the same with the addition of slight variations in design. Sure there are a few RAY'S examples that are halfway decent but why did everyone forget the concave look?

Goodluck
Old 07-17-2009, 05:27 PM
DrJones

All right fellas....tomorrow 8:00am is the moment of truth and these puppies go on! Stay tuned!
well i hope the install goes well.... make sure they don't scratch anything... i was so excited about mine until I got home and saw scratches from the impact wrench they used...
Old 07-17-2009, 05:38 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Your wheels may be unique in terms of actual design but just take a quick search on eBay and you will see hundreds upon hundreds of wheels that have a similar 5-spoke design pattern with the rivets along with the "TIME ATTACK" red pinstriped wheel on matte black color pattern. Sure it's like fashion and quite honestly.. I can't wait till it's dead.

By all means I am not saying that your wheels are ugly, and as you stated previously my opinion is my opinion. I'm glad you realize that. I wish I could show you pictures upon pictures what examples of the types of wheels I personally like on a G37 but unfortunately I haven't been impressed with any examples so far. Iforged, HRE's, AXIS & Vossen wheel seem to dominate these boards and to me they might as well be manufactured by one company as they all look the same with the addition of slight variations in design. Sure there are a few RAY'S examples that are halfway decent but why did everyone forget the concave look?

Goodluck
So you have a different taste in wheels but you cannot explain it, illustrate it, or find examples of it? Go figure...

The concave look is great, but flows a lot better on European applications such as certain BMW's.

About the 5 spoke pattern...besides color, which we already discussed, how many other ways can you think of building a 5-spoke wheel without separating the spokes equally apart? Probably none because they wouldn't look balanced. So yes, of course every 5-spoke wheel will have 5 spokes separated exactly 72 (360/5) degrees apart.

The fasteners (which you call rivets): These are original 3-piece wheels, how else would you put 3 pieces together unless they are welded? Which by the way, welding them defeats the purpose and flexibility of a 3-piece wheel. A lot of the ones you find on ebay are fake and the "rivets" are just in place for looks and are not functional. Also, my fasteners do have a custom color scheme to them as well, so they are not the typical chrome looking fasteners.

And by the way, if you're shopping for random, no-name, cast wheels on Ebay, you don't deserve to drive a G37 lol

Originally Posted by DrJones
well i hope the install goes well.... make sure they don't scratch anything... i was so excited about mine until I got home and saw scratches from the impact wrench they used...
Rule #1: You stay there, watch them do all the work, and request for them to specifically use a torque wrench, not an impact gun!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Rule #1: You stay there, watch them do all the work, and request for them to specifically use a torque wrench, not an impact gun!
Werd.

Oh and I hate my wheels, they're whack
Old 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Werd.

Oh and I hate my wheels, they're whack
Yeah I hate mine too...they totally suck
Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM
DanMardik

So you have a different taste in wheels but you cannot explain it, illustrate it, or find examples of it? Go figure...

The concave look is great, but flows a lot better on European applications such as certain BMW's.

About the 5 spoke pattern...besides color, which we already discussed, how many other ways can you think of building a 5-spoke wheel without separating the spokes equally apart? Probably none because they wouldn't look balanced. So yes, of course every 5-spoke wheel will have 5 spokes separated exactly 72 (360/5) degrees apart.

The fasteners (which you call rivets): These are original 3-piece wheels, how else would you put 3 pieces together unless they are welded? Which by the way, welding them defeats the purpose and flexibility of a 3-piece wheel. A lot of the ones you find on ebay are fake and the "rivets" are just in place for looks and are not functional. Also, my fasteners do have a custom color scheme to them as well, so they are not the typical chrome looking fasteners.

And by the way, if you're shopping for random, no-name, cast wheels on Ebay, you don't deserve to drive a G37 lol
First, there are many luxury and non-luxury Japanese cars that have incorporated the concave look onto their cars with great success. If I had the patience at this point to show you all of the examples I would. This has already become a longer conversation that I had hoped for initially.

There are many different designs in the market in terms of the 5 spoke wheels. In fact I remember seeing something very similar back in the late 90's on 90-97 Honda Accords and 96-00 Civics and the like. Given they were replica wheels with "fake" rivets it does not help your case on these wheels one bit. I'm happy to hear that your wheels are a true 3-piece set-up.

Also, I never made any direct or personal attacks throughout any of our back and forth dialogue. I do not appreciate your comments in regards to my alleged eBay searching and that I don't deserve to drive a G37. You've just lost my respect based on that comment alone. I didn't like your wheels so I said hey they're just not my taste, not you have horrible taste your wheels are very generic and common and based on your wheel selection I don't think you deserve to drive a G37 you're better off driving a SCION.

Take a hike..
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
07BlackG35Stud

First, there are many luxury and non-luxury Japanese cars that have incorporated the concave look onto their cars with great success. If I had the patience at this point to show you all of the examples I would. This has already become a longer conversation that I had hoped for initially.

There are many different designs in the market in terms of the 5 spoke wheels. In fact I remember seeing something very similar back in the late 90's on 90-97 Honda Accords and 96-00 Civics and the like. Given they were replica wheels with "fake" rivets it does not help your case on these wheels one bit. I'm happy to hear that your wheels are a true 3-piece set-up.

Also, I never made any direct or personal attacks throughout any of our back and forth dialogue. I do not appreciate your comments in regards to my alleged eBay searching and that I don't deserve to drive a G37. You've just lost my respect based on that comment alone. I didn't like your wheels so I said hey they're just not my taste, not you have horrible taste your wheels are very generic and common and based on your wheel selection I don't think you deserve to drive a G37 you're better off driving a SCION.

Take a hike..
I didn't know you were that sensitive to my words (mainly to what was intended as a joke) - it goes kinda well with your lack of patience though ...therefore, end of discussion!

Quick Reply: My turn to tease...they are sitting in my garage already :)