Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

diamond graphite + black roof/grille + amber + gold + red + anodized lips = WTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Calvin
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
diamond graphite + black roof/grille + amber + gold + red + anodized lips = WTF

Old 12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Ahh I miss DG
Old 12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
about time your car is clean.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Calvin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
about time your car is clean.
whatchu talkin' about? i've washed my car 6 times this year.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Calvin
Former Sponsor

Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 PM
koelzmod

Originally Posted by O RLY
Why is there a round hook on the front of your bumper? Do you see it in the picture?
nice car!!! very cool
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Calvin
Former Sponsor

that's the tow hook. i have taken it off since the picture was taken.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 PM
koelzmod

Gotch ya, I thought thats what it was but didn't know why you'd have it installed. Once again, Its nice to see a G37 without the traditional black wheels that a lot of guys run. Beautiful car. Nice stance. Great job.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
that's the tow hook. i have taken it off since the picture was taken.
Since you have it maybe you can answer something for me that I have always wondered: WTF is up with the tow hooks???

Maybe you can explain its appeal. I have one. But it's in the trunk where it will very likely stay for the life of my car unless i need it then I'll screw it in the hole. Why do some import guys wear it every day?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM
koelzmod

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Since you have it maybe you can answer something for me that I have always wondered: WTF is up with the tow hooks???

Maybe you can explain its appeal. I have one. But it's in the trunk where it will very likely stay for the life of my car unless i need it then I'll screw it in the hole. Why do some import guys wear it every day?
I personally have never seen one installed. Interesting that you have. Maybe someone knows.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
loooks pretty damm clean!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by koelzmod
Gotch ya, I thought thats what it was but didn't know why you'd have it installed. Once again, Its nice to see a G37 without the traditional black wheels that a lot of guys run. Beautiful car. Nice stance. Great job.
its a G35 btw not a G37
Originally Posted by Black Betty

a lot of people have it because they dont have the protection of a front plate/plate mount so if idiots back into their front bumper when paralleling they hit the towhook which would damage the offenders car
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
looks great, like the color contrasting
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Calvin
Former Sponsor

Tow hooks are "run" for a variety of reasons. As homelessdrunk mentioned, some use it for protection. It has saved my front bumper on one occasion already. I was 3rd in line in the center lane at a signal. The lady in front of me decides to back up to give herself room to change into the right lane. In doing so, she taps my tow hook (slowly, but hard...if that makes sense). As she drove away I laughed at the dent that was dead center on her rear bumper. The tow hook saved my front bumper there. It has also saved me from two no front plate tickets. I told the officer that I was recently towed and showed him that I had the plate and bracket in my trunk waiting to be "re-installed." He told me to put it back on as soon as I got home and let me go. Others sport it for the "tuner" look.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Tow hooks are "run" for a variety of reasons. As homelessdrunk mentioned, some use it for protection. It has saved my front bumper on one occasion already. I was 3rd in line in the center lane at a signal. The lady in front of me decides to back up to give herself room to change into the right lane. In doing so, she taps my tow hook (slowly, but hard...if that makes sense). As she drove away I laughed at the dent that was dead center on her rear bumper. The tow hook saved my front bumper there. It has also saved me from two no front plate tickets. I told the officer that I was recently towed and showed him that I had the plate and bracket in my trunk waiting to be "re-installed." He told me to put it back on as soon as I got home and let me go. Others sport it for the "tuner" look.
nice

Quick Reply: diamond graphite + black roof/grille + amber + gold + red + anodized lips = WTF