Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

First Top Secret Kit U.S.A. (Texas)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:28 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A little too Battlestar Galatica for my taste, prefer the original smooth and curvy lines. Would like a replacement for the grill, aka Gialla though and a similar lip maintaining the curves. Hot car though man, congrats.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cant wait to get my front and rear installed. still not sold on the sides. judging by that rear height i am going to have a lot of work to do in order to get the diffuser to work with that rear half bumper but i made it work on my S2000 and will make it work on this. The TS kits are not standard fiber glass. they are FRP which is Fiber reinforced plastic. its much higher quality then fiberglass and far better then poly which is why all the top Japanese tuners prefer to use it. the next step up from FRP is full CF lie mugen and ASM like to use
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was not really a fan of this kit but it looks great on your OB. Very unique for now.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 PM
RhiNoKiLL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not So Top Secret Anymore!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:18 AM
prince542

frp and fiberglass are pretty much the same thing. just uses plastic resins. pretty much everybody uses it nowadays because its cheap,light weight, and easy to fix. but it is no way better than polyurathane.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by prince542
frp and fiberglass are pretty much the same thing. just uses plastic resins. pretty much everybody uses it nowadays because its cheap,light weight, and easy to fix. but it is no way better than polyurathane.
I have to disagree by all accounts. Poly is not better then high quality FRP. I have delt with pretty much every major aero dynamic company from japan and have delt with everything from standard fiberglass to FRP to poly to full cf. poly has not been on par with any frp piece from any of the major power house tuners. their is a reason they all choose to use FRP and stay away from poly. because poly can not match high quality FRP. perfect example is JP. They are considered one of the best poly uses right now and i just got their lip. Fitment is not great, poly condition was not great either. a lot of pits. I can bet anything the TS FRP items had none of these issues. I know this because none of my TS items i have ever had have had any of these issues. and im sure when my TS half lip arrives it will be far above the JP poly. Poly is used a lot because its super cheap. easy to mass produce and extremely stupid friendly. meaning you can crash it into things and not damage it as where FRP can crack easier. thats is why poly is liked so much. not because it is better quality. it is not. If it was so great all the top tuners would use it. but they dont. FRP is the top choice right below full Carbon
Old 07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
I have to disagree by all accounts. Poly is not better then high quality FRP. I have delt with pretty much every major aero dynamic company from japan and have delt with everything from standard fiberglass to FRP to poly to full cf. poly has not been on par with any frp piece from any of the major power house tuners. their is a reason they all choose to use FRP and stay away from poly. because poly can not match high quality FRP. perfect example is JP. They are considered one of the best poly uses right now and i just got their lip. Fitment is not great, poly condition was not great either. a lot of pits. I can bet anything the TS FRP items had none of these issues. I know this because none of my TS items i have ever had have had any of these issues. and im sure when my TS half lip arrives it will be far above the JP poly. Poly is used a lot because its super cheap. easy to mass produce and extremely stupid friendly. meaning you can crash it into things and not damage it as where FRP can crack easier. thats is why poly is liked so much. not because it is better quality. it is not. If it was so great all the top tuners would use it. but they dont. FRP is the top choice right below full Carbon

from what I have been told by numerous vendors... your opinion above is very wrong... One was a TS vendor that said TS uses FRP because poly was too expensive...

Ill wait for the CF TS kit
Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
from what I have been told by numerous vendors... your opinion above is very wrong... One was a TS vendor that said TS uses FRP because poly was too expensive...

Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Ken "NIsmo"
Banned

I think we can all agree when Top Secret decides to manufacture a product, they take every thought into consideration and make the BEST choices to have a great product on the market. That is why they are so sought after.....they are simply the best.

End result, this Kit is beautiful!

Ken "Nismo"
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37

well according to the venders i deal with they say your wrong. which is why a poly lip can be sold for $300 and a FRP lip is $1000
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thumbs down

Is there any particular reason why a great thread where jtow decided to share his Top Secret kit installation with us all has deteriorated into a few haters trying to find something negative to say about it and a few others have gotten into a FRP vs fiberglass vs poly vs CF pissing match when that's not the point of this post? If you enjoy the kit, post your comment or move the hell on to the next thread if you don't like it. This childidhness is getting really old on this forum.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question. how is the fitment? Judging by the pics it looks good.

I am really considering the front
Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 PM
jtow

Originally Posted by MoDat
Quick question. how is the fitment? Judging by the pics it looks good.

I am really considering the front
The installers name was Joe, (in a couple of those photos) said it bolted up perfectly.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
LAG37

the rear diffuser is sick
Old 07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
jtow

Quick Reply: First Top Secret Kit U.S.A. (Texas)...