Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

tint and spoiler on liquid platinum

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey if your happy with the car just live and let die, life is too short. The real issue is the meager pics on this thread, more pics!

Last edited by COUPE-DADDY; 01-13-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:33 PM
tampa pb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by COUPE-DADDY
Hey if your happy with the car just live and let die, life is too short. The reall issue is the meager pics on this thread, more pics!
these are all of my pics so far:

these will show the shine:

Old 01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea really. I'm betting that is the OEM spoiler "IF" you're adding it to a car that didn't get it from the factory/port or where ever they installed it on the ones that never had the chrome spoiler and window taillight. It looks very close to the sport spoiler except it doesn't have the taillight on the spoiler and it appears to have a little more angle to it, mine is flat.

As far as cost, the extra above $550 is probably the installation fee. Hindsight I would have ordered a car with the spoiler and got the tint done on your own. That's BS on the darkest legal tint you can get. Suntek's Carbon 35 is legal and a black tint, that appears to be smoke or green. I also go t it applied with a shaving application, no borders for $200. I just past inspection in NC a 35% state.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:57 PM
tampa pb

[QUOTE=RedG37SNC;2255692]Yea really. That's BS on the darkest legal tint you can get. Suntek's Carbon 35 is legal and a black tint, that appears to be smoke or green. I also go t it applied with a shaving application, no borders for $200. I just past inspection in NC a 35% state.

in florida it might be diff. i dont know.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, I guess due to the heat you all can even get it darker... Still a nice car, congrats! I just wonder why that dealer couldn't find you a car with a spoiler already on it, the package your looking for is pretty common with exception of the kick plates and those can easily be added. We'll look at the bright side, you're fairly unique!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>STATE</TD><TD>FRONT
SIDES</TD><TD>REAR
SIDES</TD><TD>BACK
WINDOW</TD><TD>VISOR</TD><TD>NET/FILM</TD></TR><<TD>FL</TD><TD>28%</TD><TD>15%</TD><TD>15%</TD><TD>AS1</TD><TD>NET</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 01-13-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:25 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tint is good enough. Awesome car,many people will never get to drive something even close to this. No worries be happy!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
to the best of my knowledge, that is not a stock or oem spoiler. however, grubbs sells that spoiler and a couple of members here have had that spoiler installed by their dealers. i know that the stock oem spoiler jason@riverside infiniti sells is in fact stock/has oem part number. the best way to find out the real deal is to pm jason and get his take on this situation.

my main issue here is that they overcharged you for something they told you was a stock spoiler. whether or not, it was installed by factory or put on at the dealership, they should never charge you more than msrp on something they call stock if you purchase a car there and want the stock spoiler. i guarantee you that everyone who has had a spoiler installed after delivery has not paid over $550.

edit: the shape of your wing is not bad. its more like a ducktail spoiler than a stock oem. if you like it and are o.k. with keeping it, just resolve the issue of price.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 01-13-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tampa pb
well, first off, the reason it has a shine that you have not seen on IP before is because it is liquid plat. the car is silver, not white.
the paint protection is the environmental protection. they basicly spray on a treatment, and it is a scam for the most part. with their warranty, you still have to take care of your car and clean it off in a timely manner, and they claim that they have a way to see how long something has been sitting on the car (example dead bugs). this does not cover against scratches.. just environmental things(bugs, acid rain, dust storms).
i am really not at all happy with the dealership so far. they have not done much other than give me a great price on the car.

the spoiler was "ordered" when i ordered the car, was not on there stock. i brought it back to the dealer to have it put on, the windows tinted, and the paint protection applied.

the price i was quoted for it was 785 from my salesman, he told me that it was cost. i asked him abou tthe 550 price on the site, he told me that the difference is because they would have to order a new one, paint it, and then install it. so while that IS the price from the plant, it costs more to have it done after. (this was his story).

the sales manager said that they always order aftermarket spoilers for the cars if they dont come from the plant with them (and someone asks).

my problem with all of this is that i assumed that it would have been the oem spoiler, as i asked for a product from the dealership. i felt it would have been reasonable to not have to specify that it would be the oem. and as there are so may aftermarket spoilers out there, if they were going to go aftermarket, they should have shown me which they wanted to toss on there for me.

i dont dislike my spoiler, i dislike the miscommunication. my expectation was definately not set properly on that spoiler.
thanks for the input so far guys..

Ahh my mistake totally I should have paid mroe attention - in the pics it almost looked white - Liquid Platinum is apretty light color - cool though. And thanks for the info on the Environmental Package - sounds like a scam and for what it provides I wouldnt want to pay extra for it.

About the spoiler good luck! I feel that your dealer was being a little shady in conveniently not mentioning that the spoiler was aftermarket - that's just wrong this is an Infiniti dealership - that's like asking them for the Wheel & Tire package and they put off brand replica wheels on your car with a fake Infiniti badge made cheaper by a 3rd party and then you find out later from the slightly different styling YET it cost just as much as OEM would have. That's trickery IMO. If you make a big deal about this they will settle - they might even do ya one better than pay you the difference - IMO the spoiler should be free or at deep discount after hiding that it was aftermarket. When getting a $40k car - you expect to be notified up front as to whethere a parts used are OEM. Really it's kinda of demeaning for luxury dealers to even go 3rd party. I thought it was a consumer alternative. G'luck!

-Joe
Old 01-20-2008, 01:30 AM
chain492

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=so what is my recourse now.. demand a full refund? demand the oem spoiler? demand cash back because i was given something different?[/QUOTE]

demand cash back becuase you were given something different, if you said you wanted a spoiler, it would have to be the OEM one because that is the one on the upgrades list and probably the one you want.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:44 AM
tampa pb

thanks for the suppport

this issue should be taken care of now. more info in another thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/the-lounge-off-topic/176710-my-spoiler-experience.html

specific resolution: https://www.myg37.com/forums/showpos...14&postcount=7