Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Ip white dropped on tein....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:34 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
You have some very nice rides UNV
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whoa, unv. clean s2k. i drove my uncle s2k and it was funn. the more i am looking at your ip g, the more i am leaning towards that color instead of the vr.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
whoa, unv. clean s2k. i drove my uncle s2k and it was funn. the more i am looking at your ip g, the more i am leaning towards that color instead of the vr.
I had originally ordered the same car but in the VR with graphite but then i smartened up and ordered the right color....
Old 11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
NasaMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
... Saying putting springs alone is rice is just a stupid statment....
I'm sorry but I must agree with this statement.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
NeoSerge

well than, i retract my statement of calling the mod of just springs without shocks, rice. I never said your G was rice. I am in the process of getting one myself. In all of the modding I have done, I just presumed that the process of putting aftermarket springs on stock shocks was a cheap way to go just for cosmetic appearance. With showing your s2k, you know what the hell you're doing. My bad for offending you man.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by NeoSerge
well than, i retract my statement of calling the mod of just springs without shocks, rice. I never said your G was rice. I am in the process of getting one myself. In all of the modding I have done, I just presumed that the process of putting aftermarket springs on stock shocks was a cheap way to go just for cosmetic appearance. With showing your s2k, you know what the hell you're doing. My bad for offending you man.
you didnt offend me. My S2000 was not on just springs. i put complete coil overs on that car with all J's racing suspension items including control arms, sway bars, bushings etc....
Old 11-05-2007, 02:23 PM
NeoSerge

you didnt offend me. My S2000 was not on just springs. i put complete coil overs on that car with all J's racing suspension items including control arms, sway bars, bushings etc....
and it is clean. why did you get rid of it?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
msb3079

it for sure drops more then the original G35 numbers. There are two things you have to take into account. One while the original height of the G35 may be higher the wheel gap of the G37 is more. So in turn you need to drop the car more to get the look I have. also the springs were designed for the weight of the G35 not the G37 which weighs more which means more weight per corner on each spring which will compress it more, which equals more drop. There is no camber adjustment on the oem G37. Yes you will have un even wear. thats a given. The key is just getting a tire that you can swap from rim to rim so you can get even wear. But right now there are no tires aval in the oem sizes that you can swap besides the Reo50a oem tires unless you want to go down in quality. So you have two options go up in size or get wheels. I have wheels on the way so i am not worried. Plus i get tires at cost so wasting them doesn't bother me.

maybe it's just me, but looking by eye, it seems the 37 has LESS wheel gap than the 35. the back hardly has much at all... the front does, but it seems like more than it is bc of the back...
but maybe i am just crazy....

all i know is when i look at a stock 35, i could never drive it not lowered... a 37 i think i could. (but the front would get to me)
Old 11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
danng sick drop!!! perfect!!
i cant wait to get my drop done!!
car will be going in tomo to eibach!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
has your car settled any more???? im assuming its going to drop a tad bit more..
Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
has your car settled any more???? im assuming its going to drop a tad bit more..
the front seems to be doing all the settling. the rear's seem to be the same to me while the front not only looks lower has more -camber then the rear also...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

sweet..thats what i like!! def wanna c a pic of the car settled...if it aint slammed it aint for me!! haha...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:52 PM
UNV-IT46

sweet..thats what i like!! def wanna c a pic of the car settled...if it aint slammed it aint for me!! haha...
i was planning on snapping some pics tomorrow from the same angles and posting them up side by side so you could see the differences. The car is going in tomorrow for the axle click so we will see if i can get it done
Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

r u kidding me bro!!??? its got clicking axles already?!?!? i dont want to dealw ith that on another G...it happened 3 times on my G35, and its annoying, embarrasing and time consuming...all they do is, retighten olts and re-lube axles...ur gunna make me cancel my order and get my 4g's back 4 the deposit...damnnnn i dont wnat to deal with oil consumption and axli clicking..lol
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM
UNV-IT46

r u kidding me bro!!??? its got clicking axles already?!?!? i dont want to dealw ith that on another G...it happened 3 times on my G35, and its annoying, embarrasing and time consuming...all they do is, retighten olts and re-lube axles...ur gunna make me cancel my order and get my 4g's back 4 the deposit...damnnnn i dont wnat to deal with oil consumption and axli clicking..lol
its happening to everyone.....

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/174413-possible-issue.html

I also just noticed the exhaust rattle problem that is plaguing others G's also. there is a thread on here about that too... I am going to snap a pic of the front tire now....

Quick Reply: Ip white dropped on tein....