Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Ip white dropped on tein....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
ahh **** loll.. i was hoping for exact numbers bc yours look perfect. nice job.
if your looking for that amount of drop you really only have two options. One use the G35 springs like i did. or two wait for coil overs to be released with a larger range of drop. The springs that will be released for this car probably wont drop near as much.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
NeoSerge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dropping a car on just springs and without aftermarket shocks for support is rice in my opinion. Either wait for coilovers or buy a full setup springs/shocks. A car such as the g37 deserves alot better than cheap as possible modifications than what civic owners do to theirs. Just a waiting game before the shocks blow.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:38 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
"Rice" is such a subjective word.
It's what I had last night. In fact, I had 2 scoops of it. Oh yeah, it was brown rice.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:44 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NeoSerge
dropping a car on just springs and without aftermarket shocks for support is rice in my opinion. Either wait for coilovers or buy a full setup springs/shocks. A car such as the g37 deserves alot better than cheap as possible modifications than what civic owners do to theirs. Just a waiting game before the shocks blow.
There's no need to change shocks if stock is sufficient. There's nothing rice about it. Stock doesn't mean suck. Hell...isn't our brake system from Akebono?

Are there even G37 specific aftermarket shocks out yet?

Rice would be cutting the springs for a drop...

Last edited by JLai; 11-03-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
UNV-IT46

Most modern sport cars shocks will handle springs with no problem. Granted if you dropp the car and cut the springs and put an extreme drop on the car ya your shocks are going to blow faster then not. But I have installed many sets of springs on my customers cars and some have run 70k+miles on them and they have not blown yet. Some people can't afford a full coil over system which is what springs are made for. Saying putting springs alone is rice is just a stupid statment. So all those people who cant afford a quality set of coil overs are what? screwed oh well for them? Saying the G37 deserves a lot more just again sounds stupid. Sorry my friend but its a nissan stop putting it on a pedistool like its a ferrari, lamborgini, or porsche. Oh wait they makes springs for those too so they must be rice.

Originally Posted by JLai
There's no need to change shocks if stock is sufficient. There's nothing rice about it. Stock doesn't mean suck. Hell...isn't our brake system from Akebono?

Are there even specific G37 aftermarket shocks out?

Rice would be cutting the springs for a drop...

No there are no after market coil over systems or shocks alone aval at this moment.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
vinnys coupe

yea there is not shot in hell unv g37 is riced out.. please dnt go any further with that. it looks perfectly find and he saved money. And supposily it rides the same. So goo ahead spend the extra money for the full set and coil over systems when i purchase the springs for 200 bucks =)
Old 11-04-2007, 12:05 AM
msb3079

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
The 1.2 and .9 is what its suppose to drop the G35 coupe. The other figures are what I am est mine dropped. I cant give you an exact number as i didnt measure before and after. But I can confirm for sure its much more then the G35 numbers.
yeah when all is said and done, it's lower than the 35... but the 37 is lower to start with... it's probably the same drop as the 35.
(i have the same springs on my 35)
the camber doesnt look as bad as the 35 was... but the fronts look worse than the 35... did you do any adjustments?? i know you can adjust some on the 35, not sure about the 37... yeah you might get away with it... but it's still going to be uneven wear....

but anyway... it does look very nice... glad to finally see one done.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 AM
UNV-IT46

yea there is not shot in hell unv g37 is riced out.. please dnt go any further with that. it looks perfectly find and he saved money. And supposily it rides the same. So goo ahead spend the extra money for the full set and coil over systems when i purchase the springs for 200 bucks =)
Dont get me wrong I will be buying Full coil over's for my car. And I will be purchasing more items for my car to make it more extreme. Thats just my style i like in cars. But I could not stand the stock height or the feeling of the suspension on this car. Way too soft for my liking which is why i went ahead and did the springs now. Not for cost savings. But i understand and agree with the idea of cost saving. If you dont need full coilovers why spend the money for them? Its just stupid. save yourself the money and buy only what you need. To give you an idea of what direction I will be going for with this car you only need to look at my S2000....

Last edited by UNV-IT46; 06-09-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:08 AM
msb3079

ignorant.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by msb3079
yeah when all is said and done, it's lower than the 35... but the 37 is lower to start with... it's probably the same drop as the 35.
(i have the same springs on my 35)
the camber doesnt look as bad as the 35 was... but the fronts look worse than the 35... did you do any adjustments?? i know you can adjust some on the 35, not sure about the 37... yeah you might get away with it... but it's still going to be uneven wear....

but anyway... it does look very nice... glad to finally see one done.
it for sure drops more then the original G35 numbers. There are two things you have to take into account. One while the original height of the G35 may be higher the wheel gap of the G37 is more. So in turn you need to drop the car more to get the look I have. also the springs were designed for the weight of the G35 not the G37 which weighs more which means more weight per corner on each spring which will compress it more, which equals more drop. There is no camber adjustment on the oem G37. Yes you will have un even wear. thats a given. The key is just getting a tire that you can swap from rim to rim so you can get even wear. But right now there are no tires aval in the oem sizes that you can swap besides the Reo50a oem tires unless you want to go down in quality. So you have two options go up in size or get wheels. I have wheels on the way so i am not worried. Plus i get tires at cost so wasting them doesn't bother me.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:32 AM
vinnys coupe

wow to catch up to your s2000 you got alot of modding to do. But what with the coil over do toward your springs? What will change?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 AM
UNV-IT46

wow to catch up to your s2000 you got alot of modding to do. But what with the coil over do toward your springs? What will change?
well if your asking whats the difference between the coil overs to springs, then the difference is instead of taking an after market spring and adding it to your oem strut you are taking a complete built spring/strut combo that is all after market and designed to work with each and changing the whole system. You can get many different options on coilovers also. Different spring rates, height adjustable, dampening adjustments. some offer both compression and rebound adjustments depending on how much money you want to spend. Personally I am looking for coilovers that offer me the maximum amount of adjustment in every aspect as i track my cars so i need to be able to fine tune the system to my liking
Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
vinnys coupe

great explanation.. does it change your ride at all?
by the way what does your s2000 run 1/4 mile.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:54 AM
UNV-IT46

great explanation.. does it change your ride at all?
by the way what does your s2000 run 1/4 mile.
yes it can change your ride in two directions. you can get a system that can be softened up to the point it is a more plush ride then oem. the oposite can also be said you can get a system that is far far stiffer then oem ride. As far as the S2k goes it was not built for the 1/4 it was purpose built for road racing. but the last 1/4 runs performed the car went 12.9 all motor and 11.5 on bottle. Could have squeezed out a few more tenths but again those passes were done in one night and have not been attempted again as 1/4 racing is not my cup of tea. Doesn't proove anything except who's car has more HP. Not who is the better driver.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:38 AM
ABQG35c

The Tein Flex would be nice, 16 settings for adjustment on dampening I believe right? Or does the SS work the same way?

Quick Reply: Ip white dropped on tein....