Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

HREs are in and on

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
synth19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His car is very tastefully done, nothing over the top IMHO. Not usually a fan of 20's, but after seeing 19's on a G37, I think 20's look better.

RY-If you don't like the car, that's one thing, but why do you have to be a d*ck about it?

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I second that, the front lip belongs on a civic and out of all the wonderful HRE wheels those are the last I'd buy personally; I've already given my views on the mirrors in a prior post. All that's missing from the car is under glow neons, alteeza clear tails and a double stack shopping cart spoiler. I guess we have our first "rice" G37... I'm sure many more will follow.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second that, the front lip belongs on a civic and out of all the wonderful HRE wheels those are the last I'd buy personally; I've already given my views on the mirrors in a prior post. All that's missing from the car is under glow neons, alteeza clear tails and a double stack shopping cart spoiler. I guess we have our first "rice" G37... I'm sure many more will follow.
Hey Ry- I do this for me not for anyone else. i happen to consider myself a true enthusiast and someone who tries to stand out from the rest. I don't believe in doing whats common and the norm. Some might say im a "ricer" but to me i did everything in a well thought out nad planned manner. I personally love the new touches I have made. I did get sponsored for stuff on the car, some was full some was partial, mirrors were full. However, everything thats done was done b/c i wanted those companies and those products. I have not sacrificed anything for others on this build and am very happy and proud of where she is just 8 weeks after buying. I would love to show you this car in person to see if you change your mind?

Where do u live? lets meet up for some car chat/

Hope the fires don't affect you so. cal guys either.

Last edited by solopresident; 10-27-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 PM
GSpot37

Hawt!!!!!!!!!

HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown :
Old 10-27-2007, 12:59 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Don't take my replies so harshly, I'm glad you have pride in your project and like all other things I'm sure it's a tiny bit better in person j/k man. I'll be glad to check it out; nothing wrong with meeting up with another So Cal local are you interested in auto-x events at all? will you be attending the Dec meet at Speedway?

And no I don't have many posts, I can't spend as much time on here as I'd like too police work is stressful. I'm just giving you a hard time buddy.

Fyi, no the fires haven't affected me, I'm in Diamond Bar. Thank you for the wishes to us all though.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

sorry Ry, i get personal sometimes. I edited my post. Police, I think I may of found my new So. Cal best friend. Im really stressed b/c the cars got to be on its way to Vegas in less than like 35 hours and its currently wheel less, Brake less and 80 miles from me, with no expected time of completion.

Sorry for the lash out, lol. Ill be in chino tomorrow at some point but not to kick it. Get my car an get back.
Stay safe and drive the G lots.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:49 AM
sahiwal007

looks good the rear wheels a lil too big for my taste but other than that looks good, and also slam the car, it will look 100x better
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Car looks good, but not feeling the side mirrors and the front lip splitter. I bet it would look 100X better if it were on aftermarket front bumper or lip. It just doesn't flow with the way the stock bumper is too rounded at the bottom.

What size BBK you going for??

Have fun at SEMA.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:10 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Well, going way to big just for SEMA, then we will see what goes on after that.

But i don't wnt to jinx b/c having probs so, we will see what makes it. It will be minimum a 6 an 4.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 AM
DrJones

Nice work thus far Vik. Take care and enjoy Sema
Old 10-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Our tastes in modifications on a car like this differ greatly . The wheels are not my taste but they don't look bad and kudos on finding something that fits over your BBK that's not ghetto. As far as your other mods, like I said, it's not my taste and for me it completely clashes with what this car's styling is all about - but it's your car and you may hate them mods that I'm planning because it seems they would probably be too conservative for you. Have fun at SEMA and let all the aftermarket vendors know that we have money in hand and wait anxiously for their offerings.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:38 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not a fan of the 944R's. The splitter is questionable in many ways. Glad you are happy with your mods. Enjoy them. Our idea's of tuning are very different in style but I appreciate your love for tuning none the less....
Old 10-29-2007, 07:46 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
You say you lowered just the front a little? I like that...
Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
07BlackG35Stud

+1 ... not feeling the setup at all, the color match is nice, but the spoke pattern is not my cup of tea. Also, if that is the most aggressive setup HRE could come up with, then their creativity/ability is declining rapidly. My iForged's have a more aggressive lip on the rear, and I wasn't even trying too hard for a super aggressive setup when I purchased them.

The other after market parts are highly questionable, as previously stated by other members...

Again, just another opinion, I'm not bashing on anyone's taste

Last edited by 07BlackG35Stud; 10-30-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
gan78mao

sick rims!!!! nevertheless!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
IP37

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
My iForged's have a more aggressive lip on the rear, and I wasn't even trying too hard for a super aggressive setup when I purchased them.
because you have a g35. the offsets are different.

Quick Reply: HREs are in and on