Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Any Pics of Platinum Graphite?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beestea
socal... very nice job on the photos. The G looks great.

While Zaino is great, its not going to improve the glossy effect of a brand new car that much.
I disagree. Zaino looks all that much better on a dark color. Not only does it give a glossy look, but it is a deep effect that I cannot describe. Additionally, it makes your car very smooth to touch. Furthermore, any additional washes leave the car with the same optical impact as before (contrary to wax).

As far as the "new" factor, check out the pics from my car and compare it with the ones from the dealer lot. I'm sure you'll see that the car is much more glossy...
Old 09-17-2007, 01:38 AM
George H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice ride.

Cal Poly Pomona FTW!!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
spyderphil

Originally Posted by tomcatm
Actually the PG has a lot more brown in it than the old DG
I'd really agree with that. In sunlight it has a definite brown tint in it that really makes it a lot more interesting a color. With polarized sunglasses on it looks a bit more green. If I close my eyes it looks more like black.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

socalG37, I see you took those pics at CalPoly Pomona. I graduated there last year.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
sanscu

Hey SoCal, I've got the EXACT same G37. Here's some pictures after my first stint with Zaino wash, polish (2 coats) and sealant. Zaino is awesome by the way, much better than Meguiars by far.

Also, marsb007 I bought the glass polish and applied it as shown in the last pic. Since this was a "test" run with that product, I think it did help with reflectivity on the glass although that could be something to take out of the bag in another year and test on the windows again.

Finally, I also got the Zaino tire gel but can't figure out if I should apply that to the rims (chrome) and the rubber or just the rubber (which seems real tiny from the side profile). Some help would be appreciated with that.

Oh, by the way, I wish I knew how to take pics like you guys cause the my Canon SD700 is not cutting it with the current settings.
Attached Thumbnails Any Pics of Platinum Graphite?-picture-030b.jpg   Any Pics of Platinum Graphite?-picture-036b.jpg   Any Pics of Platinum Graphite?-picture-037b.jpg  

Last edited by sanscu; 09-20-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 AM
socalG37

ohseedee: Oh you went to Cal Poly too? I graduated 2 years ago. I still have a few friends that go there though.

sanscu: I'll definately going to try Zaino. I've been hearing good stuffs about it lately.