MaximaPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lights are way too small now
Old 07-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Rampant

Originally Posted by SilkeG
I wonder how a set can be made?
Just a thin fiberglass or other material, painted and stuck on. Vinyl never looks right to me because there is no dimension to it.

vc128 -- good job on the PS, but I think it looses some of the G's character (as you mentioned).

I find it interesting the eyelids gained pretty much all the attention. Clearly the tail lights are the biggest point on controversy on the rear design.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Deezflip

Originally Posted by Rampant
I find it interesting the eyelids gained pretty much all the attention. Clearly the tail lights are the biggest point on controversy on the rear design.
+1

...and i like to add that i also like your rear eyelid design on it as well. Much, much, much, much better.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by MaximaPower
lights are way too small now
I personally agree with this statement. Could you make the taillights just a touch larger on the blue G37?

Did anyone complain about the taillights design on the concept car? They have the same design... and there is proof.

Last edited by Yimbie; 07-29-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Orbie

I find it interesting that everyone that was so adament that the G37's exterior styling was butt ugly is now saying the car looks awesome simply by adding two pieces of plastic on the back taillights. Gives you an idea of how bad the styling really was when all along it can be fixed by something so simple. Especially since the tailights are the same as those on the concept which everyone seemed to love.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Queenskid24

ehh i like the white photoshop, but im not feelin the taillight overlays.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
MaximaPower

Originally Posted by Orbie
I find it interesting that everyone that was so adament that the G37's exterior styling was butt ugly is now saying the car looks awesome simply by adding two pieces of plastic on the back taillights. Gives you an idea of how bad the styling really was when all along it can be fixed by something so simple. Especially since the tailights are the same as those on the concept which everyone seemed to love.
:werd:

seems like ppl were just nickpicking something to complain about.....of course the concept is gonna look nicer since it has a drop and tinted windows and those blue lights...those thigns make the car look more aggressive and it was obvious those wouldn't make it to production

my gripe is the hefty weight and i wish they kept the concept's fenders...concept looks wider...also the lines on the side of the body looked more pronounced on the concept
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
lightspeed

Originally Posted by vc128
Hola...i modified what Rampart did a little...not sure if people would like it..
i think i did an ok job...but now it just reminds me of an rsx behind..but i guess its worth a post anyway...please dont criticize too harshly :P
When I first saw the G37 I thought of tail-light overlays as well... my idea was a little different but similar to Rampart's except that the angle they met the rear-quarter panel was a little different to keep the side lines of the car flowing smoothly across to the rear lines. I never photoshopped my idea though.

Anyway, with regards to the white car overlays: aesthetically I like them -- but keep in mind that if you cover too much of the taillights, and you get rear-ended, your insurance company *may* try to deny a claim (or worse) if it can be shown that the taillights and brake light system were modified in such a way that their visibility and effectiveness was reduced as compared to the manufacturer's original design. Just a thought to keep in mind...
Old 07-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Rampant

I find it interesting that everyone that was so adament that the G37's exterior styling was butt ugly is now saying the car looks awesome simply by adding two pieces of plastic on the back taillights.
There was a lot more done to the chops than just the overlays.

Originally Posted by lightspeed
keep in mind that if you cover too much of the taillights, and you get rear-ended, your insurance company *may* try to deny a claim (or worse) if it can be shown that the taillights and brake light system were modified in such a way that their visibility and effectiveness was reduced as compared to the manufacturer's original design. Just a thought to keep in mind...
Good thought. However, no lights are covered by the overlays (part of the reason the design is the way it is). But, you never know what insurance people will try...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
N50

Originally Posted by Yimbie
I personally agree with this statement. Could you make the taillights just a touch larger on the blue G37?

Did anyone complain about the taillights design on the concept car? They have the same design... and there is proof.
I'm pretty sure some people did complain about the tailights on the concept. I like the idea of the eyelids for the tailights though. The only problem is that, imo, they don't flow with the lines of the car well enough. That could be fixed, I'm sure.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Orbie

Originally Posted by Rampant
There was a lot more done to the chops than just the overlays.
Really, ok so what else did you do to the chops from Automobile magazine and NYIAS that everyone is raving about?

Or are you referring to the G37 3/4 shot on the track with a body kit, tint, new rims, a drop, fatter spoiler and debadging? all these things can and WILL be easily done when the aftermarket catches up with the car. People are doing these exact things to the oh so beautiful G35 coupe as well, or did everyone think that manufacturers release O.E. cars that look like that?

BTW, no offense to you, I think you did a great job with those chops. This is merely my take on the reactions so far on how modifications, that everyone with the mod bug does regardless if the car looks good or bad, makes the car look.

Last edited by Orbie; 07-30-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Rampant

body kit, tint, new rims, a drop, fatter spoiler and debadging?
I hear what you are saying, but I think the point is people were dissapointed with the production version because it lost a lot of the aggressiveness the concept had, but are really happy that much of that can be put back into the car with aftermarket work. The bad thing is it will just be much more expensive when a near $40k car is pretty expensive to begin with.

Also, I think it illustrates that subtle changes can make a big difference. Infinti did subtle changes to the concept, and you saw the reaction it got. The good news is subtle changes to make it more aggressive can also have an equally powerful reaction.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Rampant

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Actually, yes, people did complain about the rear design (tail lights included). That is when the rear was more rounded and the tail lights looked a bit more like the Z's:

When they flattened the trunk on the production car, it seemed to loose a lot of the cohesiveness because the extremely flat rear/trunk doesn't flow well into the rest of the car, which is very rounded. The tail lights are the main transition point, and because of that, they seem to be the biggest point of contention. (this also goes back to the subtle changes can have a big impact issue)

I am not saying the eyelids are the best solution, but I just wanted to see what it would look like and I think it helps.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 PM
stefanzo911

Rears looks like a '98 Camry (from the white thumbnail, previous page), a solid car with the most uninspired designs, last one has the front looking like a Mazda 6. How original!
Toyota you can do better than this!
Even the Lexuses look bland next to an Infiniti.
Does someone know if they will re-introduce the Q45 or a similar flagship to their current lineup?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks way better.

Quick Reply: Fun With Photoshop, Part II (the rear)