NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

lojack installation and/or group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
toastmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lojack installation and/or group buy?

Hi all, I just bought my OB G37 a few weeks ago and have been reading up on the forums for the great info for this great car! Good stuff.

Anyway, I didn't get LoJack installed when I bought my car since the dealer's markup was still too high. I'd still like to get it installed, but from what I can tell, I must go through one of their technicians that they send. I'm guessing the prices they charge are firm.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket shops in the Seattle area that will install LoJack, and might offer better rates and/or a group rate discount? I have a friend (non G37) that would like to get in on this, if possible.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:51 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by toastmaster
Hi all, I just bought my OB G37 a few weeks ago and have been reading up on the forums for the great info for this great car! Good stuff.

Anyway, I didn't get LoJack installed when I bought my car since the dealer's markup was still too high. I'd still like to get it installed, but from what I can tell, I must go through one of their technicians that they send. I'm guessing the prices they charge are firm.

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket shops in the Seattle area that will install LoJack, and might offer better rates and/or a group rate discount? I have a friend (non G37) that would like to get in on this, if possible.

Thanks!
Not sure, it might only be available through the dealer. Here is the number for LoJack though if you want to call and find out. 1-800-4LOWJACK or 1-800-456-5225. If you call, let us know what you find out. Haggled a price through the dealer for mine.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:01 AM
toastmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks bboysteele. I had emailed them and the CSR basically said that one needs to go through them, and they'll send over a technician. Here's the price/options breakdown:

· LoJack Early Warning System (our most popular package):$995

Our Early Warning System is our most popular package combining our LoJack Stolen Recovery System with our quick responding Early Warning Notification System. This added layer of protection alerts you by phone, email, or text message if your vehicle has been moved without your authorization. Thus, you will get your car back quicker, often with less damage and a good chance of catching the criminals as well. The product is guaranteed against workmanship for the first two years of ownership and you may extend the warranty if you wish to do so.

· LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System: $695

Our entry level package uses a small hidden transceiver to send a signal to police which allows them to track and recover your stolen vehicle. With this system, you won’t know that your vehicle was stolen until you notice is gone. However, once you do, you call the police to start your activation. The product is guaranteed against workmanship for the first two years of ownership and you may extend the warranty if you wish to do so.

· Extended Recovery Warranty: $99

Our Extended Recovery Warranty enhances your LoJack Recovery system or Early Warning Recovery System by extending your LoJack 24-hour Limited Recovery and product warranty for as long as you own your vehicle. Regularly priced at $149, you can save $50 by combining this warranty with your system purchase.

I was hoping there was an aftermarket place a forum member knew of, one that might offer negotiable rates.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:21 AM
LAZY TURBO

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i would only get lojack on my car if i lived in a ghetto neighborhood
Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by toastmaster
Thanks bboysteele. I had emailed them and the CSR basically said that one needs to go through them, and they'll send over a technician. Here's the price/options breakdown:

· LoJack Early Warning System (our most popular package):$995

Our Early Warning System is our most popular package combining our LoJack Stolen Recovery System with our quick responding Early Warning Notification System. This added layer of protection alerts you by phone, email, or text message if your vehicle has been moved without your authorization. Thus, you will get your car back quicker, often with less damage and a good chance of catching the criminals as well. The product is guaranteed against workmanship for the first two years of ownership and you may extend the warranty if you wish to do so.

· LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System: $695

Our entry level package uses a small hidden transceiver to send a signal to police which allows them to track and recover your stolen vehicle. With this system, you won’t know that your vehicle was stolen until you notice is gone. However, once you do, you call the police to start your activation. The product is guaranteed against workmanship for the first two years of ownership and you may extend the warranty if you wish to do so.

· Extended Recovery Warranty: $99

Our Extended Recovery Warranty enhances your LoJack Recovery system or Early Warning Recovery System by extending your LoJack 24-hour Limited Recovery and product warranty for as long as you own your vehicle. Regularly priced at $149, you can save $50 by combining this warranty with your system purchase.

I was hoping there was an aftermarket place a forum member knew of, one that might offer negotiable rates.
You might want to check with your dealer to see if you can get a better price through them. I think I paid around $600 for the Early Warning System. They haggled with me to get it since I was going to wait to get it.