Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Fix-it ticket in CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:31 AM
znizzy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix-it ticket in CA

Does anyone know how fix-it tickets in CA work for 2nd or a 3rd offense for the same thing? Meaning, does the fine or type of violation change at all?

I recently got a fix-it ticket for windows and no front plate but will likely remove the plate and replace the tint after the ticket is signed off.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
does the ticket have a check mark saying "correctable" on it?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
znizzy
Registered Member

Both items are marked "correctable"

Would it be different if they weren't?
Old 11-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by znizzy
Both items are marked "correctable"

Would it be different if they weren't?
yep! if they were marked non correctable then you'll have to pay the full fine amount. a fix it ticket cost $20 now i think but then you'll have to remove your tints and install your license plate and get a signed off by a peace officer.

you can get the STILLEN tow hook plate instead of drilling your bumper, much better than putting holes into your bumper IMO.

STILLEN : STILLEN Front License Plate Bracket
Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
znizzy
Registered Member

Any idea what happens if i get stopped for the same thing again, after I have the ticket signed off?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by znizzy
Any idea what happens if i get stopped for the same thing again, after I have the ticket signed off?
More and bigger fines lol! And they won't let you correct it anymore
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
IPL CARBON

It"s happened to me!!!

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
More and bigger fines lol! And they won't let you correct it anymore
Well Im new here too...though along with this guy I got a FIX it ticket 2 times for window tint and front License plate yet my Rear tail lights being tinted! 2 were correctable one not though I fixed all 3 and CHP signed off I went to court in person! and judge charged me $25 for the first....Second was $50! each time I corrected it and getting expensive to fix it...Damn window tint twice!!! I even had to go but new real lights! I had them House of Color tinted and went to the dealership to buy a second pair...so in all it gets to DAMN expensive to have a nice car...I guess we are all paying for WALL STREETS Mistakes!! leave us G's alone.....Let my G's Go!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL CARBON
Well Im new here too...though along with this guy I got a FIX it ticket 2 times for window tint and front License plate yet my Rear tail lights being tinted! 2 were correctable one not though I fixed all 3 and CHP signed off I went to court in person! and judge charged me $25 for the first....Second was $50! each time I corrected it and getting expensive to fix it...Damn window tint twice!!! I even had to go but new real lights! I had them House of Color tinted and went to the dealership to buy a second pair...so in all it gets to DAMN expensive to have a nice car...I guess we are all paying for WALL STREETS Mistakes!! leave us G's alone.....Let my G's Go!!!
I know I’m from another generation where most people take responsibility for their actions, but I still do not understand how you can claim it’s expensive to have a nice car, considering all those illegal mods that you decided to install. Actually, it was a nice car when you bought it, and there are plenty of legal mods you can add to enhance ownership without the need for ever going to court and paying fines.

And how Wall Street mistakes, and not your own, enter into this is another mystery to me. The CHP cannot let your G go, as they are only trying to do their job, i.e., to keep our California roads safer, and cut down on some deadly accidents that strain our public medical, legal and insurance systems that end up costing us tax payers more.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Chekov
I know I’m from another generation where most people take responsibility for their actions, but I still do not understand how you can claim it’s expensive to have a nice car, considering all those illegal mods that you decided to install. Actually, it was a nice car when you bought it, and there are plenty of legal mods you can add to enhance ownership without the need for ever going to court and paying fines.

And how Wall Street mistakes, and not your own, enter into this is another mystery to me. The CHP cannot let your G go, as they are only trying to do their job, i.e., to keep our California roads safer, and cut down on some deadly accidents that strain our public medical, legal and insurance systems that end up costing us tax payers more.
i agree with you 100%

there's a reason why i installed my front plates and even went back to stock exhaust just because i do not want to go through the hassle.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Ive sold enough cars to cops that I get to just pay fines instead of replacement. Chekov, while I agree with most of your comments I am sure my exhaust does not affect the safety of the people on the road, nor does not having my front plate.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
Ive sold enough cars to cops that I get to just pay fines instead of replacement. Chekov, while I agree with most of your comments I am sure my exhaust does not affect the safety of the people on the road, nor does not having my front plate.
You’re right on the exhaust, but I would argue that front plates do serve a purpose obliquely related to safety. Front plates are useful in law enforcement by enabling cops to view wanted vehicle plates in both directions on the road thereby expanding their field of view. Should they nab a suspected armed bank robber, kidnapper or murderer on the road in this fashion, then safety in general is enhanced. This is the basic reason why 31 out of 50 states require them.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:21 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Very true, but I am not a criminal therefore they do not need to see my front plate hahaha
Old 12-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Well maybe you’re on to something. If all law abiding citizens were to take an oath of never doing anything criminal, be subject to an extensive background check and, if they put up a bond to assure their good faith, then their home state should exempt them from using a front plate. Then anytime we see a car without a front plate we’ll say, “Hey, there goes a upstanding citizen.”
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, seriously? arguing about front plates? LOL
Some people just have too much free time...
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 AM
IPL CARBON

Originally Posted by Chekov

First and formost, I'm 40! and in all my years of Custom Trucks, Cars now sport coupes I've never and I mean NEVER Got a Ticket for License plate in the Front. also Checkov I've owned Bmw, Audi Benz and most newones dont even have a License plate on the show room floor! I dont want to PUT BIG HOLES ON MY G! thank you!!! Im like come on!!! I read your reply and my first thought is GOODY TWO SHOES!!! I'm Retired Law Enforcement and No Criminal Charges though I understand what you are saying though not many Criminals I worked Housing couldn't afford a NEW G! so come on! Now window tint thats a given though Tail lights too! they are getting more stern thinking how to get us to pay all this debt back yet taxes!!!...I've been driving over 25 years and this is the most out of all that being pulled over for petty issues! I even asked the officer that signed off my tickets 2! whats the Big Deal now days...His reply was we are tired of those we give slides to and not giving second chances any more! but local PD or Sheriff Dept I pull up to them and NADA!!! its the CHP who has the BEEF!! STAY CLEAR OF CHP!!! Personal family who is still with the locals told me they dont care! just as long as your not weaving or looking out of the ordinary. so Im no criminal. but it sounds like you may have had some run in!!!

Quick Reply: Fix-it ticket in CA