Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Fix-it ticket in CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IPL CARBON
First and formost, I'm 40! and in all my years of Custom Trucks, Cars now sport coupes I've never and I mean NEVER Got a Ticket for License plate in the Front. also Checkov I've owned Bmw, Audi Benz and most newones dont even have a License plate on the show room floor! I dont want to PUT BIG HOLES ON MY G! thank you!!! Im like come on!!! I read your reply and my first thought is GOODY TWO SHOES!!! I'm Retired Law Enforcement and No Criminal Charges though I understand what you are saying though not many Criminals I worked Housing couldn't afford a NEW G! so come on! Now window tint thats a given though Tail lights too! they are getting more stern thinking how to get us to pay all this debt back yet taxes!!!...I've been driving over 25 years and this is the most out of all that being pulled over for petty issues! I even asked the officer that signed off my tickets 2! whats the Big Deal now days...His reply was we are tired of those we give slides to and not giving second chances any more! but local PD or Sheriff Dept I pull up to them and NADA!!! its the CHP who has the BEEF!! STAY CLEAR OF CHP!!! Personal family who is still with the locals told me they dont care! just as long as your not weaving or looking out of the ordinary. so Im no criminal. but it sounds like you may have had some run in!!!
Hahaha! You sure don't sound like a 40yrs old dude because you typing words like a teen. You sure you're 40?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM
IPL CARBON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny though yes I'm 40. I keep up with the teen lingo just do to my 4 teenagers at home ranging from 19 to 13 so even my txt lingo is accurate...It took some time to figure out what a lot meant when their mom and I were looking at our kids txt. so i've got the lingo down... Damn these kids and their pronunciations! It took a while but I got it down...though I also too like to have a little fun....called stress relief!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
IPL CARBON

Though To Weiboy...I looked at Checkov's profile he's in his 70's over 30 some years past me...Times have really changed since his driving times! maybe possibly this is my time to refuse to get older. I loved fixing up my cars with only one goal! exposure...I've had many magazine shots with my trucks and my fair share of sponsors though I never got picked on for Tint License plates or Tinted tail lights back then...but again I left the Show world in 2004 after my last truck was stolen and stripped. I enjoy working on cars/trucks...after I retired I went on my way to build...though now I'm back and now its not fun like it was...to many Rules...back then it was all go on every thing...well meaning Law enforcement!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:09 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Front plate does serve a purpose for law officers as much as I hate rocking it. I'd rather not go through the hassle of tickets and being pulled over, especially because I want to become a police officer, I don't need that BS on my record.

As for tint, I understand the argument that it is for officers safety and to see the driver through the window... But has anyone ever wondered why you are allowed to tint you rear windows? Doesn't that go against officer safety? Couldn't there be someone dangerous in the back seat that is not visible in the rear of the vehicle?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's very interesting how people completely miss the point of illegal and safety issues related to vehicles.
It has nothing to do with someone being older than you...it has more to do with respecting the laws that go with the privileges of driving, and the concern for safety of others.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
It's very interesting how people completely miss the point of illegal and safety issues related to vehicles.
It has nothing to do with someone being older than you...it has more to do with respecting the laws that go with the privileges of driving, and the concern for safety of others.
I certainly agree with you, but be prepared to get flamed for such opinions as I often do. I guess it’s the nature of the site, i.e., serving many younger members who drive aggressively and mod their cars, often on the illegal side. They hate to hear from us and wish we would just go away.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I certainly agree with you, but be prepared to get flamed for such opinions as I often do. I guess it’s the nature of the site, i.e., serving many younger members who drive aggressively and mod their cars, often on the illegal side. They hate to hear from us and wish we would just go away.
I'm sure I did some things that "skirted" the auto laws when I was between 16-20 years old, but I sure never would have advocated it and put it out on public forums. Usually when people mature they realize it's not the best thing to do..especially when most vehicle laws are safety related. Or some learn the hard way...by paying fines or worse... Vehicle safety affects everyone on the road...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM
znizzy
Registered Member

For what its worth... I did take off my tint and "rigged" a front plate for now(held on with toggle bolts to my front grille). I live on a circle with 3 officers. One of them a PD(another town) and two of them local Sheriffs. I was joking with them about my ticket and they said that these city officers have nothing better to do. Two of the officers said they would sign the ticket so I could send it in without having to take off the tint or put a front plate on.

I decided to play nice anyway and did the right thing. When I went to the local station to get the ticket signed I noticed that 3 of the 5 cars parked at the station had tinted windows and 2 didn't have front plates. When I pointed it out to the officer who signed off on the ticket he just chuckled and said that some of the officers are sticklers.

What a joke...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:47 PM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You just have to accept that some officers are ****s and some are not. Thats just how it is, and always will be.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov

Being 47 I catch it at times but I figure at times I ask for it. Nice to have a few others that are on the same wave length!