Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

where to get springs installed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where to get springs installed?

I'm in Sacramento & need to get my Eibach's installed. Called into the local "radial tire" place that was recommended and they wanted like $570...I laughed in his face & told him nice quote.....

where should I go to get my springs put on and what should I really be expecting to pay? Anyone in Sac to give me some direction?

Thanks,
MOB
Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
does that include the springs?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 AM
VA_55

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
I can Install it for u for $80 but too bad your from Norcal.
GL!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by sniper27
does that include the springs?
Can't imagine it does, considering I told dude several times that I've already got them and just need to have them installed. If that was their price including the springs, doesn't matter.... cuz that tells me the dude doesn't listen & I wouldn't want him or his shop turning any wrenches on the G anyhow.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats crazy high price. you have to go to a performance shop that does this stuff on a regular, since you will probably get the best pricing there as well. Dont go to a regular garage where Bob goes get his tire filled with air
Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Weiboy (reputable member on the forum) in SF can do it for you, if you can make the drive.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 PM
MOB

thanks UCLA...does he have a tuner shop or something?

ha, I was just at The W across from UCLA about a month ago.....
Old 10-11-2010, 08:10 PM
MOB

Originally Posted by beerme986
thats crazy high price. you have to go to a performance shop that does this stuff on a regular, since you will probably get the best pricing there as well. Dont go to a regular garage where Bob goes get his tire filled with air
dude I know....this place was recommended too because they "do a lot of aftermarket suspension installs". I was pretty pissed.....$570? Get the fock outta here. I literally laughed out loud at him and asked if he wanted to take another shot at quoting me....then hung up.

On a lift at a garage with the right tools/equip it's a 75 minute job tops.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
dude I know....this place was recommended too because they "do a lot of aftermarket suspension installs". I was pretty pissed.....$570? Get the fock outta here. I literally laughed out loud at him and asked if he wanted to take another shot at quoting me....then hung up.

On a lift at a garage with the right tools/equip it's a 75 minute job tops.

hey, i know a guy that'll diy it in the Sac area if you're down for it.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
MOB

Thanks, I'll come back to you on that Weiboy. Car goes in on Weds for the "brake judder" TSB. Trying to work something out with the dealer tech who apparently also has a modded G... That'd be perfect if they slap the springs on while the wheels are off & brakes are all apart.

Also getting the SS brake lines added then too.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 PM
MOB

ok so the good news is that my car is getting the brake judder TSB done AND the stainless steel brake line upgrades are going on....sweet.

the bad news is that the dealer tech tried to jack me, saying "the service manual says 6.3hrs to remove & install springs. And I'm $50/hr." Oh fock no....don't even try to sell me that "the manual told me too" bullshiot. No way that in a dealer-prepped service bay with all the tools possible, swapping springs takes 6hrs.

Weiboy, I think I might need to hook up with that referral in Sac you mentioned.....
Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MOB
ok so the good news is that my car is getting the brake judder TSB done AND the stainless steel brake line upgrades are going on....sweet.

the bad news is that the dealer tech tried to jack me, saying "the service manual says 6.3hrs to remove & install springs. And I'm $50/hr." Oh fock no....don't even try to sell me that "the manual told me too" bullshiot. No way that in a dealer-prepped service bay with all the tools possible, swapping springs takes 6hrs.

Weiboy, I think I might need to hook up with that referral in Sac you mentioned.....
or you can drive down here on a weekend and I can install it for you. EIther way works
Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 PM
MOB

tell me more.....you have the equipment to do that? Strut compressor?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ he's done it for couple of members already. u can borrow a spring compressor from kragen
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Jatt

Supp. MOB.. i live in Sac area and i had the same thing with my headers and hfc and the freaken springs... i looked and looked and gave up and did it all myself.. you can rent the spring compressor from kragen like Xlack said .. it took me about 1 hour and 25 mins with back being a PIA to get the stock ones out.. Headers were even more of a PAIN...ahhhh Sac sucks for modding... PLus weiboy's car is sick as hell... inspiring

Quick Reply: where to get springs installed?