Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Warning to all Northern California Infiniti Owners - Frontier Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
G37_6MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warning to all Northern California Infiniti Owners - Frontier Infiniti

Hello All Northern California Infiniti Owners,

Please do yourself a favor and not waste any of your valuable time and energy (time + energy = money) by going to Frontier Infiniti for ANYTHING.

I purchased a 2008 G37S back in November of 2007 from them and have only gone to their service department twice before I decided that they are basically trying to rip as much money as they can from you and doesn't really care about customer service in general (this is another long story which I won't bring it up here)

So fast forward to today...

I received a gift card from Frontier Infiniti good for $500 off a lease or purchase OR 20% off on all parts and accessories or services the first time you use it and 15% there after. What a good deal right?! SO WRONG.

I called early this week to ask for pricing on the Interior Accent Lighting kit. They responded with a whoopin' $189... $53 dollars higher than the MSRP listed on infinitiusa.com. So I told them the MSRP price and they say "okay, we will match that"... and then I brought up that I have the gift card good for 20% off. Parts guy responded "no problem, but I will need you to come in in person in order to use the gift card since this is a special order". Of course I agreed to go in in person at a later date.

So I went in today. It took the parts guy around 6 minutes to come out and assist me (I was already unhappy with this). They told me it is $189 again. I told them it's $136 on the corporate website. They agreed to match. I told them I have gift card. They went back into the room for another 5 minutes before coming out and told me "I can't honor the gift card, because if I do both matching and that, it will undercut the ordering price" (which I think it's complete BS that the deal only makes $30 dollars off of the accent lighting kit). He said he can either charge me $189 + tax and give me 20% off of that OR $136 + tax. I told him NO WAY! I can get a better price without even resort to the gift card elsewhere! (Beshoff Infiniti) He didn't even apologize for wasting my time and even gave me an attitude after I told him "No, I will not be ordering from you guys".

Obviously they know I have to have bought a car from them in order to get the gift card. But that didn't stop them from treating me like some monkey that doesn't know jack.

I know it's only $50 difference and it makes me seem cheap. But there is the whole concept of why putting out a gift out with no limitations indicated on the card when you refuse to honor it because it will cost you to lose money?

There are way better dealerships in the area (BESHOFF INFINITI!). I have been going to Beshoff since its grand opening for all my service and parts need. If it weren't for the gift card from Frontier Infiniti, I would have gone directly to Beshoff. Too bad they weren't open prior to November 2007, otherwise I would have bought my car from them also.

Thanks for reading! *off to Beshoff Infiniti to buy my accessories*

Last edited by G37_6MT; 07-02-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
alexh512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in 2008 They gave me an attitude because I wouldn't buy my car that same day.. and then ignored my e-mails thereafter...
Ended up getting my car somewhere else and 2000 less of what they wanted...
F#*k 'em !!!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you are a monkey!!

j/k j/k

there're tons of bad reviews on them already.. i have never even stepped into their driveway before lol..

i love how the guy hang up on me after he called back to see if i still wanted to deal with them and i told him i already bought one hahaha
Old 07-02-2010, 06:20 PM
G37_6MT

I like how on Yelp Frontier has 3 stars and Beshoff has 5 stars LOL
Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 AM
emyrl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've always gone to Frontier for my services since its much closer to me than Beshoff. There wasn't much they could really screw up, so my experience has always been alright. But everytime I go I'm always a little skeptical because of all the reviews.

Since then though I've put a few more mods on the car, and I think I'll be heading to Beshoff for future maintenance and services. I'd have to say Beshoff is excellent in service. I brought my car there to replace a chip that involves the shifter. They happen to have the part in stock and had me in and out within 2-3 hours. Great stuff!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
WildWes

I had a bad experienced from Frontier too. The only thing the service consultant was interested and kept asking me were the mods in my car, and how to void my factory warranties.
Go to Beshoff Infiniti. Even if you are closer to a different Infiniti dealership, I recommend going to Beshoff. Best customer service, and very mod friendly.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 AM
mw09g37

yeah I can echo this...

this is why you go to beshoff, lol.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:11 PM
G37_6MT

Can you guys belief that they are the #1 seller in Northern California though?

I can't wait until that title is taken over by some other dealership because they really don't deserve it!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
mw09g37

they're number one in sales cause they deal with volumes as expected for fleet dealers. frontier and peninsula are the same group

for every car they sell nissan replaces that one. other places have to actually buy cars on credit and that can get kind of dangerous if you buy like 100 cars from 30-50k each. not to mention an operating budget of 10s of thousands.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
WSchli1672

Hey Guys, I don't have an Infiniti, but even now I can say I have heard nothing but good things about BESHOFF INFINITI. Anyway I own a Z and also the ZONC Rep for the Monterey County. So I concur with the above in addition to my G35 owner friends. They have some great meets too. Heard nothing but good things about the dealership. For anybody that's not visited them, it's worth the trip.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 AM
WildWes

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
Hey Guys, I don't have an Infiniti, but even now I can say I have heard nothing but good things about BESHOFF INFINITI. Anyway I own a Z and also the ZONC Rep for the Monterey County. So I concur with the above in addition to my G35 owner friends. They have some great meets too. Heard nothing but good things about the dealership. For anybody that's not visited them, it's worth the trip.

It's worth the trip to Beshoff Infiniti
Old 10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
MOB

same sentiments here.... this time last year was when I seriously started shopping for my G37s sedan. Frontier was certainly on the list of purchase sites given I was ready to go wherever in NoCal to get the car I wanted at the price I wanted. Those jackals tried everything to nickle & dime me. Final conversation with them was me telling them I was headed to their stealership at that very moment with checkbook in-hand to get the car I wanted.....even still they continued to hmmm & haw over the littlest things and maintained their penny-pinching/used car approach. Told dude, nevermind, I don't like your process & you obviously don't want to sell me the car.

....a week later I was signing papers with Ben Ly at Beshoff. Dude took such good care of me through their legitimate customer-service oriented approach to business, that I had them pull out my Rockford Fosgate 10's and amp from my trade-in and gave it to him as a thank you.....he then gave it to his younger brother. Damn I wish Beshoff was closer to me...they know how to uphold the Infiniti Ownership Experience. Their GM still calls now and then to make sure I still love the car.

BESHOFF IS THE BEST INFINITI DEALER IN NORCAL BAR NONE. If/when an IPL sedan comes out, they just may see me roaming the lot with my checkbook again.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
WildWes

Originally Posted by MOB

BESHOFF IS THE BEST INFINITI DEALER IN NORCAL BAR NONE. If/when an IPL sedan comes out, they just may see me roaming the lot with my checkbook again.

+1