NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Added ya Pedro, Forgot since you don't have a pin on the map yet. See you at 10am!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by buffalog37x
Damn...never thought I would ever be the "newbie" of the group...thanks Rochester! Haha im looking forward to the trip and getting some insight on what to do next to my car.

Looks like we are just doing hot dogs and sausage..no burgers. How many rolls should I be getting? And is there anything else we still are short? (other than maybe cookies??)
No offence intended at all, Zach. Just typical forum BS because post count. No worries.

It looks like Pedro is bringing rolls out of NYC, so snag two or three dozen dog rolls from Wegmans in the next couple days. That should be enough, easily.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by doublea88
Added ya Pedro, Forgot since you don't have a pin on the map yet. See you at 10am!
Impressive bit of organisation you did there for that crew. So a half dozen of you guys will all be rolling in at the same time, eh? That's pretty cool.

The weather is getting me down. Do I wash the car today, and let it sit in the garage all day tomorrow, hoping it doesn't rain Saturday morning? Or do I get up early Saturday to wash it, hoping it doesn't rain on the road trip? Or do I drive into Wilkes-Barre before the meet and wash the car there?

And once again, do these slacks make my azz look fat... LOL.

One thing's for sure, my wife is sick of hearing me talk about things that I can't do anything about and don't really matter anyway.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Meh I won't even bother with the spec sheet because my car isn't anywhere near good-looking meaning no drop or wheels but that's just YET!. Those 2 are definitely to come in next couple months
( yeah I have to admit I guess I lied when I said I will not spend any money towards the car for a long while)
Originally Posted by pledes23
I'm with Mike on this, my spec sheet will only include tints and LEDs.. I've been to lazy to tuck my front dash strobe wiring and run the rear one.. Lol.
Guys, don't feel pressured... The spec sheet was just an idea, and a geeky one at that. Some people have lots of mods (looking at you, RexHavoc), so listing them might be a point of interest.

But the pirate code is really more like guidelines, anyway.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 AM
samuel1021
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Just checked the list and noticed that no one is down to bring burgers. Just wanted to address that since my +1 doesn't eat pork.

So I can bring some burgers instead of soda since pdpMIATA is down for soda as well.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Guys, don't feel pressured... The spec sheet was just an idea, and a geeky one at that. Some people have lots of mods (looking at you, RexHavoc), so listing them might be a point of interest.

But the pirate code is really more like guidelines, anyway.
Moi? Yeah... I ran out of room on the sheet. Though I think some of the things I listed really don't count as mods. The lenses, sport pedals etc. I dunno, maybe they do. It was actually a good opportunity for me to list it all out for myself too.

My car was clean, sparkling clean even. Then pollen happened. I'm debating grabbed a wand from AutoZone? Then again after 1200 miles I'm thinking it would be a bit dirty anyway.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Impressive bit of organisation you did there for that crew. So a half dozen of you guys will all be rolling in at the same time, eh? That's pretty cool.

The weather is getting me down. Do I wash the car today, and let it sit in the garage all day tomorrow, hoping it doesn't rain Saturday morning? Or do I get up early Saturday to wash it, hoping it doesn't rain on the road trip? Or do I drive into Wilkes-Barre before the meet and wash the car there?

And once again, do these slacks make my azz look fat... LOL.

One thing's for sure, my wife is sick of hearing me talk about things that I can't do anything about and don't really matter anyway.
Thank you kind sir. Yea would be cool of us all making an entrance
It was a bit hectic but was manageable once everyone showed me their location on google maps Thanks to Aktif8 (Keith) for the suggestion for the 3rd meetup location, which is perfect and just along our route along I-80.

I will be washing the car Friday around 4pm and then tucking her in the garage until I head out the next morning.

Still have some few items to take care of. I already changed oils for Rear Differential, ATF and power steering fluid. Still need to tackle the front differential (couldn't get the fill bolt out as the area is really tight) and the transfer case. I just installed a Brand new steering wheel that came off a 2012 G25 (I guess they were useful for something ). Car looks so much better. I also have some slight oil leak right behind the oil Filter that i am trying to figure out how to remedy. Once that is all done, i will install my aluminum undertray. I wouldn't want to drive up to the park without a shield under the car. I'll add some pics of my oil leak, maybe someone can help out?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Then again after 1200 miles I'm thinking it would be a bit dirty anyway.
Safe travels today, Hillbilly.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Once that is all done, i will install my aluminum undertray.
Oh hey, looking forward to seeing that.

Thanks to Aktif8 (Keith) for the suggestion for the 3rd meetup location, which is perfect and just along our route along I-80.
Aktif8 hasn't volunteered to bring something. Let's put him in charge of music. Boombox and music.

Talk to him.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Safe travels today, Hillbilly.
Thank you sir, much appreciated!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Pics of the old wheel and new wheel and the oil leak.
Attached Thumbnails G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up-photo-1.jpg   G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up-photo-2.jpg   G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up-photo-3.jpg   G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up-photo-4.jpg   G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up-photo-5.jpg  

Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Guys, don't feel pressured... The spec sheet was just an idea, and a geeky one at that. Some people have lots of mods (looking at you, RexHavoc), so listing them might be a point of interest. But the pirate code is really more like guidelines, anyway.
No pressure whatsoever. I think the spec sheet is a great idea as I am still trying to piece together what I want to do to the car. So the more ideas the better IMHO.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Rochester
Administrator

ANMVQ (Mike) won't be making the Meet. He's been on the fence all month, and has a commitment with his wife. (Don't we all? LOL)

As of today: 17 confirmed cars, and 1 maybe
Old 04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Ok here is the info on the NYC/NJ Meetup information for the drive up to the park:

There are roughly 6-8 people coming from NY/NJ and some are trekking on their own since they will be quite far from any of the meetup points. But you can use this to see where you fit on the map.

For those in the 5 boroughs, we are having the first meetup point at 10th Avenue and W 36th street, right across the street from BP Gas station on 10th Avenue. We will meet there at 10am-10:15am. It will be myself (Ahmed), David, Pedro and Albert meeting at this location.

2nd meet up point is the Bp gas station off the Garden State Parkway. We can meet there at 11am-11:15am. Members that are close to that point are Mike and Chris. (you can also meet us at point 3 instead of making 2 Stops, up to you).

3rd and final meetup point is at AppleBees in Parsippany NJ. Keith is close to that area and we will be meeting there at 11:30am-11:45.

Feel free to change anything and if you want to just have 2 main points to meet up. It can be Manhattan and Parsippany, and we can skip GSP spot #2. I mainly chose BP gas station on GSP for anyone that wants to fill up before the drive. Also, if you think we should be meeting earlier, please let us know.

Here is the link of the Map with the meetup points in Blue Stars:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...E.kvX--AheT9ZA
2nd meet up spot works for me as from there we can just head onto I-280 and go to the 3rd meet up spot to meet Keith.

Originally Posted by pledes23
I'm with Mike on this, my spec sheet will only include tints and LEDs.. I've been to lazy to tuck my front dash strobe wiring and run the rear one.. Lol.
I mean I do have some things done but nothing like a drop or wheels YET.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM
stiizy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey All,

I might have to go to Hartford for work this weekend so it's a toss up. Won't know until tomorrow evening. I'll keep you all posted. I really wanna get out to PA for this.

Quick Reply: G37 Sedan Chat Thread Meet-up