NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ/ NY Bear Mountain Meet/ Cruise anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM
terrellshedrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raywu729
I'm down with June 9th. We should really set a date b/c car modding is never ending. Really shouldn't be this complicated.

its not much the modding, its my other dealing with cancer.....one day shes good, anther day shes feeling down... I understand we all want a set date. I do too. I need more shops to want to be involved as well if you know of any..

NJ SHOPS INVOLVED SO FAR...
1. JDS MOTORING -OLD BRIDGE, NJ
2. AKUMA MOTORSPORTS- PERTH AMBOY, NJ
3. AMS AUTOWERKS- LINDEN, NJ
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM
slowmkv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrellshedrick
its not much the modding, its my other dealing with cancer.....one day shes good, anther day shes feeling down... I understand we all want a set date. I do too. I need more shops to want to be involved as well if you know of any..

NJ SHOPS INVOLVED SO FAR...
1. JDS MOTORING -OLD BRIDGE, NJ
2. AKUMA MOTORSPORTS- PERTH AMBOY, NJ
3. AMS AUTOWERKS- LINDEN, NJ

I am sincerely sorry about your mothers cancer, but in regards to the event why do you need to get performance shops involved on a cruise through bear mountain? Its not a car show its just a cruise though the mountains for forum memebrs. I understand you want to do something big but its not practical. An event as big as your trying to plan is very unlikely to happen. In my honest opinion shops arent going to go on the cruise. Keep it simple dude. An event that big without permits or an approval from the township will just get shut down immediately and this will all have been a complete waste of time.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 AM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by raywu729
I'm down with June 9th. We should really set a date b/c car modding is never ending. Really shouldn't be this complicated.
Couldnt agree more.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
terrellshedrick

i understand that but i just wanted to make this a epic event for all of us car lovers... but its not just gonna be g&z's its all makes. i gotta get something together quick before people start backing out and not want to deal with me anymore... i feel everybodys opinion...
Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 AM
BKG37X

I'm no expert but a big event/meet and a cruise through mountain roads probably won't go well together. Aside from the larger organized events (RFR Poker runs, L4P midnight runs, etc ...) all the cruises I've been on through bear mountain had less than 30 cars.

How bout we get a small cruise in before this epic meet/cruise gets to be too large. Anyone down to go in the next 2 or 3 weeks since this event probably won't happen for another month?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
terrellshedrick

Originally Posted by BKG37X
I'm no expert but a big event/meet and a cruise through mountain roads probably won't go well together. Aside from the larger organized events (RFR Poker runs, L4P midnight runs, etc ...) all the cruises I've been on through bear mountain had less than 30 cars.

How bout we get a small cruise in before this epic meet/cruise gets to be too large. Anyone down to go in the next 2 or 3 weeks since this event probably won't happen for another month?
how about it be a max at about 50 cars? but we all know if we are driving down the roads there will be other cars curious to where we are goin and it will turn out a bigger group of us.... im gonna sit down with my mother this weekend and see what she says is a good date for all of us to get this rolling. sorry for all the waiting around and preparation... you should have a date sunday night if not monday morning..... thanks for all the patience...
Old 05-31-2013, 11:15 AM
P.W.M.B

sorry to jump on this thread.i will deff be at this cruise as well! but i set up a cruise to PA June 9th. check out the thread. we are gonna cruise to the gun range in PA its a really nice road there!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by BKG37X

Yes I am 100% on board with you. Just in the process of setting my new wheels up I should be down to go the weekend of the 15th or 22nd if that works with you guys.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Scoobykim

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
The 22nd works best for me, so one vote for that weekend
Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
22nd is good for me.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 AM
terrellshedrick

Just to inform everyone. My final month of date for this event will be in july. If nothing happens after that then this will end. Sorry for holding everybody up.. I am very bizzy this month with my mother and things goin on in my personal life with family. So the final month of this event will be july. I will be taking a ride up the mountain very soon. If there is anybodywho wants to take a pre cruise up there with me and is still down for the meet next month please let me know... So i can make sure i know where i am going... Thanks for the patience...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 PM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by Scoobykim
The 22nd works best for me, so one vote for that weekend
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
22nd is good for me.
Picked up some new rear tires today for my stock wheels so even if my new setup isnt ready ill go on stocks.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
terrellshedrick

Originally Posted by slowmkv
Picked up some new rear tires today for my stock wheels so even if my new setup isnt ready ill go on stocks.

im in desperate need of rears.. i got general gmax all seasons on the front and the bridgestone potenzas on rear.. since i bought the car used..
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 AM
slowmkv

Hows the event planning coming?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM
terrellshedrick

Originally Posted by slowmkv
hows the event planning coming?

im thinking of having the meet spot at the wawa right next to the turnpike and parkway entrance in woodbridge on rt1 south. So we all can hop right on the highway of 287 or parkway. I dont want people to have to worry about tolls on the parkway so the route will be i287. If the crowd gets big enough i'll have the other meet spot across the street in the open parking lot next to the park, forgot the name of the park.

Quick Reply: NJ/ NY Bear Mountain Meet/ Cruise anyone??