NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ/ NY Bear Mountain Meet/ Cruise anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 PM
raywu729

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down for a cruise. I'm in Princeton, NJ.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
terrellshedrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raywu729
I'm down for a cruise. I'm in Princeton, NJ.
Nice to hear from you. I'm in Rahway.. My girlfriend lives in hightstown.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by terrellshedrick
Thanks for the intrest. Have you been up there before? If so let me know if you know the best route up there for some nice roads.. I wanna get a many people as I can to be apart of this. This will be my first actual event.
I remember meeting up in Paramus mall & either route 80 or 280?
It was wide open zero traffic, except on the way home.

One thing I will say one thing, the roads up there will push your car to the limit.
We had a Audi a4 turbo a little to wild in the turns, ended up some poor guys lawn.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
terrellshedrick

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
I remember meeting up in Paramus mall & either route 80 or 280?
It was wide open zero traffic, except on the way home.

One thing I will say one thing, the roads up there will push your car to the limit.
We had a Audi a4 turbo a little to wild in the turns, ended up some poor guys lawn.
Lol wow bet. It's gonna push our cars to what we always wanted them to be pushed to. It's gonna feel like we are on a episode of topgear just how they drive in the European mountains. Just gotta get sum new brake pads before we go up there I wanna be able to stop lol..., waiting to get this ARK exhaust burnt tips, turbo xs test pipes, and my 1/4 driver side panel dent fixed around the time I get my taxes back then I'll b ready. Went to a few jersey shops and they will be along for the ride with some customer crazy project cars. I'm tryna get a hold of canibeat and flipzco. Have a few vendors support as well. There is a nice park with a long drag strip but no racing behind sum warehouses around the corner from my house literally, we can meet up in Rahway, nj. then drive down rt1 and jump on 287. And there is a hand carwash right next to it.

Just let me know a few meeting spots. Also any NY guys with performance shops that wanna be down let me know and tell them their website logo will be put on the flyer to promote..

Thanks guys.. Let's make it happen!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
terrellshedrick

NJ performance shop:
1. JDS Motoring Old Bridge, NJ
2. AMS Autowerks Linden, NJ
3. Akuma Motorsports Perth Amboy, NJ
Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM
yamahaman88

I was there today trying to go to "perkins drive" but that road doesnt open until april 1st (according to a road sign) . but the road up the mountain is incredible and i did see a few G's . I drive a white 350z with a nismo front end if anyone seen me http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33892716_n.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
dongagan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol wow bet. It's gonna push our cars to what we always wanted them to be pushed to. It's gonna feel like we are on a episode of topgear just how they drive in the European mountains. Just gotta get sum new brake pads before we go up there I wanna be able to stop lol..., waiting to get this ARK exhaust burnt tips, turbo xs test pipes, and my 1/4 driver side panel dent fixed around the time I get my taxes back then I'll b ready. Went to a few jersey shops and they will be along for the ride with some customer crazy project cars. I'm tryna get a hold of canibeat and flipzco. Have a few vendors support as well. There is a nice park with a long drag strip but no racing behind sum warehouses around the corner from my house literally, we can meet up in Rahway, nj. then drive down rt1 and jump on 287. And there is a hand carwash right next to it.

Just let me know a few meeting spots. Also any NY guys with performance shops that wanna be down let me know and tell them their website logo will be put on the flyer to promote..

Thanks guys.. Let's make it happen!!!
Terrell, this is looking nice. I got some work done at Performance Motor Sports in St. James, Long Island. I will see if they are interested. Can't wait for this cruise!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM
terrellshedrick

Yes it is, im doing my best to make this a very big event. I have soo many different people recording the event and soo many youtube videos will be posted all over the internet. i just have to make and find some performance shops in NY that are interested in coming joining us. If your performance shop is down to be apart of this I will post their logo on the flyer as well along with the shops im good friends with. If you speak to some people about meeting spots in NY let me know and I will make the meet spots and post them on the flyer. Im trying to get a few vendors to come out to sell things as well. example, Flipzco, canibeat, and stance natioin. eat sleep race etc.

Originally Posted by dongagan
Terrell, this is looking nice. I got some work done at Performance Motor Sports in St. James, Long Island. I will see if they are interested. Can't wait for this cruise!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
terrellshedrick

Thanks for the information about when they open.. is there any tolls we have to worry about as far as crossing the the bear mountain bridge? if you have any routes that are very good to take please let me know. we will be coming from jersey all the way up route 287 which will be the wide open highway for us jersey cars. i will take a look at your link. if you want to get a group together and meet us up there let me know..

Originally Posted by yamahaman88
I was there today trying to go to "perkins drive" but that road doesnt open until april 1st (according to a road sign) . but the road up the mountain is incredible and i did see a few G's . I drive a white 350z with a nismo front end if anyone seen me http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33892716_n.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
yamahaman88

Thanks for the information about when they open.. is there any tolls we have to worry about as far as crossing the the bear mountain bridge? if you have any routes that are very good to take please let me know. we will be coming from jersey all the way up route 287 which will be the wide open highway for us jersey cars. i will take a look at your link. if you want to get a group together and meet us up there let me know..
I dont believe you will be crossing the bear mountain bridge, you are already on the west side of the hudson river and bear mountain is on that side. As far as your route goes ( seems like 287 to 87 to the palisades parkway ) im not sure of the tolls you will encounter. The bear mountain grounds and park is open but the "perkins memorial drive" which is the very windy road up to the look out tower isnt open till april 1st like i said. but "seven lakes drive" is also another windy road up the mountain to get to perkins. If the cruise were to cross the bear mountain bridge afterwords, (going east over the hudson) make a right off the bridge for some more awesome windy mountain road Rt 202. it has incredible views and a great pull off/ look out area with a parking, but only for about 10 cars though.
I will let the my buddys know about the meet, there is about 8 of us z's.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
terrellshedrick

You guys come up with your meet spot b4 you drive up there to the lodge. My group will be meeting up between 8am-10am to give people time cuz it's gonna be alot of people... I don't have a meeting spot for us jersey guys yet. Been trying to drive around my area that's good for everybody. I wanna make this epic. I wanna promote the hell out of this and post this on every forum there is to our best ability. I'm gonna brain storm a little bit more. I'm also dealing with taking care of my mother with small case of cancer so its only but soo much I can do at a time... That's y I wanna make this a early in the morning event to get back home to her... Sorry to turn this post upside down.. But she's doing very good we caught it in tome to get it taken care of.. Could of been worse!

Originally Posted by yamahaman88
I dont believe you will be crossing the bear mountain bridge, you are already on the west side of the hudson river and bear mountain is on that side. As far as your route goes ( seems like 287 to 87 to the palisades parkway ) im not sure of the tolls you will encounter. The bear mountain grounds and park is open but the "perkins memorial drive" which is the very windy road up to the look out tower isnt open till april 1st like i said. but "seven lakes drive" is also another windy road up the mountain to get to perkins. If the cruise were to cross the bear mountain bridge afterwords, (going east over the hudson) make a right off the bridge for some more awesome windy mountain road Rt 202. it has incredible views and a great pull off/ look out area with a parking, but only for about 10 cars though.
I will let the my buddys know about the meet, there is about 8 of us z's.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
dongagan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes Terrell, family is important. I am happy that the cancer was detected early. Prayers and light my friend. This is going to be a great event
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
terrellshedrick

Thanks again bro. I'm thinking to make this a Lil more of a positive cancer donation to a organization like a small donation. Idk just my mind is all over the place...
Originally Posted by dongagan
Yes Terrell, family is important. I am happy that the cancer was detected early. Prayers and light my friend. This is going to be a great event
Old 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
sydneychromatic

I'm from Manville. I'm so down for this I hope I can get my new southbend stage 2 installed and broken in by then because I'm moving to Myrtle Beach this summer.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so is there a set date and time for this yet or is it still in the preliminary stages? I'm pretty sure I will down for this, car should be right around where it should be by beginning of May.

Quick Reply: NJ/ NY Bear Mountain Meet/ Cruise anyone??