NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

2011 Nissan-Infiniti National Convention

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 PM
kieranlavin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it was suggested to me that I post here since most people don't check out the meets section of the forum....

I haven't been around here in a while guys. Admittedly I never really did post much when I was here; more of a lurker. I haven't been around because my wife sold her G37 back in May. It killed me; that car was like a child to me. It brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. I still love the car and am still a big Nissan fan. Anyway, on to what I'm posting about.

I've been involved for years with the SE-R national convention. In order to continue on with this convention (the members of the SE-R world are dwindling as families, newer cars (some in G's and 350s/70s and such), and other priorities take over) we've opened it up to the entire Nissan/Infiniti/Datsun world. Not that it was never open to other model cars; we're just marketing it heavily to all groups.

Since this is sort of a "native" forum of mine as I've spent at least some time here and some people know me at least in name, I'd like to let you guys know about this convention.

The convention is 8/5-8/7 of 2011 and will be in South Jersey here on the east coast. Traditionally people drive cross country or fly and rent cars if they want to attend. We even have one guy thinking about trailering from Alaska! It's a great time and I promise you that you WILL have fun. I even have some surprises that I'm working on.

The convention usually is a track day followed by a free day (to attract families and such as well as to give attendees a chance to explore the local area OR for people to explore their automotive interests like drag racing or fixing their car that they broke the day before at the track!) and a carshow/picnic on Sunday with tons of really cool raffle prizes.

The website for the convention is here:

Here is a message I'm sending to all of my "native" forums regarding an Early Bird Track program where you can register now for the track and get a potential discount down the road. See below for details. I know I've seen some G37s at the track here in the northeast and I KNOW that there are a lot more of you interested in coming out

Happy New Year!

Most of you know me at least in name. Some of you have actually met and know me. I am co-organizing the 2011 Nissan-Infiniti National Convention. This convention has evolved from the SE-R world to try to include all Nissans and Infinitis (and Datsun as well). You can take a look at the link below for all of the information (we will be updating the site periodically as we get more information).

Below is what I wrote initially about the early bird track purchase program which is now over. We do have pre-registration open now though on the website at the link below. If you have any questions or comments, shoot me an e-mail. klavin at nissan-infiniti dot us.

The reason I’m writing though is to let you know of an early-bird track registration program. We are accepting registrations for this early-bird program through the end of January. The details are at the link up at the very top.

There are a few reasons for this early-bird program:

- Plain and simple, we need money in the coffers. We need to put deposits down on things, we need to pay for supplies, we need to be able to pay for online registration/paypal fees

- See the attached document for details but there is a potential discount to early-bird registrants. In short, if we hit our target, we will be refunding a portion of your registration. We’re hoping that this will help us market the event. It gives you, the registrant, a vested interest in promoting the event and getting more people registered!

- We’re looking to generate interest early on. The convention is “only” 8 months away but that time will fly by quickly. We want people to get interested and we want to maintain that interest

For anyone worried about not knowing me and sending me money, I want to assure you that I have nothing to hide. My username is my name; Kieran Lavin. I don’t want people posting it publicly (if you feel I have wronged you, please contact me... if I absolutely positively don't respond to any form of communication (which will NOT happen) then I would have no problem with my information being posted publicly... but, like I said, that will NOT happen) but, if you did a simple search, I’m sure you could find my home address, phone number, employer, whatever. I’m not going anywhere.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump to show my support.