MOBK1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fredricksburg rain date....april 17th.

This Sunday...........................
Cinemark 18 - 880 N Military Hwy # 1170A Norfolk, VA 23502
When:
April 17th, 2011 8:00am Sharp
Details:

We will meet up at the theater parking lot in military circle mall, gather up and leave exactly 8:15am for Patrick Henry Mall(Bailey's) in Newport News.

Meet up with the G's of the peninsula area at approx. 9:00am.
We will leave Bailey's 9:15am sharp for Exit 89 on I-95N.
PM Buddha for any more questions...
Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
RichG

Can't wait to see all you fellas this weekend. Drive safe everybody!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where is that meet going to?
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
swordsman54

The semi-annual NGC meet. Hey Buddha, are you even picking anyone up from Patrick Henry Mall?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Justin311

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
I'm kinda interested. Keep me informed.
Originally Posted by Justin311
Also did anybody read my coilover post? I REALLY want some good coilovers with US support and these are being reviewed by everybody else as WAYYYY BETTER than our other options (BC, KW, Tein HA) at this price point. On top of that they're local in VA and can rebuild in 3 days if something breaks - nobody other mfg can do that for us! I can't afford to buy TEN SETS tho so I need to find people who want a GREAT set of coilovers at a CHEAP price to go in with me. Help!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ight=coilovers
Spartan/any other VA folks interested:

Looks like a group buy may be forming for Fortune Auto Coilovers...we became a Fortune Dealer and did a group buy in another community and it went great, 9 sets of coilovers ordered so far with over 2000 hits. The coilovers are the Series 500 (32-Way adjustable, fully threaded body) and normally sell online for EDIT $1675 [I was informed by Fortune the G37/370z are more expensive due to the housing design?). For the G37, if we can get a few folks together, I think we can sell them for EDIT: $1399 picked up locally - add a few bucks if you want them shipped anywhere in VA. I'm pretty sure I can get them cheaper than this, but that is the minimum advertised pricing. PM for details. Best of all, they are rebuildable and serviceable and warrantied right here out of Richmond. You do NOT have to send them out of the country to have them serviced and replaced unlike most nicer coilovers.

These are fully customizable coilovers where you get to specify the spring rate and valving (street car, road race car, drag race car, etc) and there are tons of options as well. They also make a series 510 and a Titan model that is inverted with dual comp/rebound adjustments.

If anybody is interested, read up on them here:

About Us - Fortune Auto USA

Originally Posted by Fortune Auto
DIGRESSIVE* All Fortune Auto shocks use a superior DIGRESSIVE piston. This technology allows for stiff, progressive (linear) damping at low stroke speeds. This helps to control vehicle body motion like roll, dive and squat. However at fast stroke speeds (i.e. high speed bumps) the suspension is kept supple in response to bumps and irregularities in the road.
Dyno tested***
Stainless steel body / piston
30-way adjustable dampers
Pillowball mounts
Forged aluminum locking collars
Dust boots on all pistons
Digressive* 50mm piston-57mm piston housing (beyond the industry standard of 44-47mm)
80mm coil diameter for tire clearancing
Anodized aluminum camber plates** on front upper-mounts
Fully anodized body
1 year Manufacturer's Warranty
Height adjustment independent of preload
ISO 9002 certification
***Every Fortune Auto coilover is extensively dyno tested and matched with in specifications to insure a consistent and uniform set of coilovers. This rigorous testing has earned us our ISO certification.
Furthermore we incorporate features only found on our coilovers such as Seamless stainless steel monotubes, Forged lower mounts & proprietary nitrogen gas chambers.

And just shoot me a PM if you want to go in together to get a good price.

Last edited by Justin311; 04-20-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Justin311

^^^ wanted to add, I'm planning to go down to Fortune this week and pickup a set for my G37. I'll probably bring them with me (not sure if I have time to get them installed) to the Virginia Beach meet at Mt Trashmore on 4/30. If anybody wants to see a set you should come to that meet!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by swordsman54
Invidia is what you are looking for. I don't know if there are going to be any there though...
Wassup LayCazz...? When are you comming back to Richmond?

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
Invidias are cheap too from what I hear. $800 or so for the full catback. Hopefully SOMEONE there has one, and I can hear it. I just bought a front strut bar. slowly my G is getting souped up. haha
It is a great deal in my opinion, I've had it for a year now and still loving it... Reccomended
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
ViPaDawG

Originally Posted by GPR-37s
It is a great deal in my opinion, I've had it for a year now and still loving it... Reccomended
I heard it on Ahujadaddy's coupe at the meet on Sunday. It was far too deep for me. I definitely liked Arjun's MXP better, but even that wasn't completely satisfying.

So the search continues. haha.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
swordsman54

You sound like a Fast Intentions guy then. There are two that I know of...One guy is MIA, and the other is Nosbinor. Maybe you could hear it at the College Park Meet if we get some people to go?

Last edited by swordsman54; 04-25-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:46 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Justin311, I'll be at the meet at Mount Trashmore. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes with the coilovers. I'll hit you on the PM for pricing.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Justin311

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Justin311, I'll be at the meet at Mount Trashmore. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes with the coilovers. I'll hit you on the PM for pricing.
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing you there! I went to fortune and picked up a set - they are actually for the IS300 and my G37 ones are coming in in a few weeks, but they gave me this set to display in the meantime at the meet. They also informed me (ugh) that the G37/370z are more $$ than any of the others (Toyota/Lexus/Subaru/Mitsu) due to the housing design. PITA. So I edited the first post.

Is anybody else going to come out for the Mt Trashmore meet? Should be plenty of folks there, but will be a mix of toyotas and nissans (not just a G meet). We usually go karting and bbq (or order pizza), and have some fun activities. locals and people staying the night go out to eat/bars afterwards, and you're all invited.

Hope to see more guys there!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
swordsman54

I'll most likely be there too. Anyone else??
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Justin311

Originally Posted by swordsman54
I'll most likely be there too. Anyone else??
Here are the details guys!

Originally Posted by Blue2Turbo
Alright fine, everyone is hassling me to get this thing done, so I decided to take a couple minutes and get it going. For those of you who have attended this meet in the past, we normally have a pretty good turn out and a pretty good time... hell even Bill graces us with his presence. This year should be no different, except maybe more of you will get in your cars and come down/attend.
Anyways, details will be as follows, now if anyone has a problem with dates/times please let me know and we can leave it up to popular demand to decide the best for everyone, cause really, I'm down for whatever.
Date:
April 30th
Times:
-Meet at Mount Trashmore at 12:00(ish) to hang out, meet, show, shenanigans, whatever
-Leave Trashmore around 3-4:00 and cruise down to either AIK for go karting or the outdoor go karting place which also has mini-golf and paintball I believe. Either way, some activity of said nature.
-Dinner, time is TBD depending on how long we are hanging out at the karting place.
-After dinner, party/bar/club/get drunk. This is for those who can actually go out, every year we have attendees that can't legally drink and I will not provide those with alcohol... so you figure it out. MAY be able to do this at my place if there isn't a ton of people, but we'll see.
-Sunday morning, anyone left in town, we can hit up breakfast, beach, whatever if anyone still wants to do anything before they head home. Hangovers will probably be in effect, so whatever we can fight through.
Cost:
-Whatever it costs you to get here (Virginia Beach), plus if you want a hotel (Bill stays at the classy ones, most stay at the cheap ones), food/entertainment.
-We can do cheap pizzas or something at Mount Trashmore, but I will not be flipping the bill ever again, so we can collect money at that time, or just eat on your own, there is tons of places to get food.
If you are traveling from out of town and want to wash your car before the meet, I will post up the address of the Freedom Wash that is right down the street from Mount Trashmore. I will get all the addresses for everyone asap. If anyone is coming into town before noon, don't bother coming to my place first unless you are staying with me because honestly, I'm getting up in time to go straight to the meet, and I'm not washing my car .
This meet is open to anything MR2 related, celica's, etc. We will probably have a few locals with other cars that will stop by. Screamin@ATS is considering inviting the G37 crew to join up with us as we have some other business that may be going down at the same time pending some details. So if your buddies want to come and they have different cars, we'll consider it, but lets keep it mostly to MR2 ish crap.
There are probably more details and a ton of you will have questions so I will update as I think of it. For now that is all. I will start a running list and update it regularly. Please post in the following format if you want to be added to the list to keep it organized. Thanks.
1.) Blue2turbo +1 - Jimmy - 93 Gen3
2.) Not on MR2OC - Jim (my dad) - 93 N/A
3.) MR ED - Edwin - 91 Gen 3... Maybe + Turbo Si
4.) jj332245- Jerad - 91 Mr2
5.) 2stripes - Adam - 92T (except no more stripes )
6.) NoShoes - Bryan - 91T
7.) MissShighatsu (sp?) - April - MKI
8.) Ku-sama +1 - Mike - 92T
9.) Foygroup +1 - Bill - 91T GEN3 swap
10.) RedMr2- Hung- 91 NA Red MKII (Hardtop)
11.) themadhatter +1 - Caleb-85 turbo
12.) Goldenkid01 - Pon 91T Gen3
13.) Scremin@ATS +1 - Justin - 93T Gen3 (G37 too I think)
14.) Mr2Nice - Tony - 91 N/A swapped gen2 built YAY!!!!!
15.) d0w3rk - Allen - 91 Gen 3
16.) GavenL - Gaven - 92T
17.) zach8356 - Zach? - 91 na
18.) zach8356's buddy - Marcus - 91T
19.) MR2Singh - Manvir - Red MKII
20.)SpartanG37S - G37
21.)Swordsman54 - G37
Old 04-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wanna go...+1.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:52 AM