NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GPR-37s
Just got finished installing the Auto-kits X rear diffuser. Here a quick pic with my cell phone... What you guys think...? Enjoy
Whats different? I don't see anything...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Transmission, Coolant, Brake, and Differential Flush.
Throttle Body Cleaning
PCV Valve replacement

Getting that done on Wednesday. Once my TBs are cleaned, Gonna put my R2C intakes on this weekend! Looks like fun times are ahead.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GPR-37s
Just got finished installing the Auto-kits X rear diffuser. Here a quick pic with my cell phone... What you guys think...? Enjoy
Looks Good man! Love the look
Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Nosnibor

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
Transmission, Coolant, Brake, and Differential Flush.
Throttle Body Cleaning
PCV Valve replacement

Getting that done on Wednesday. Once my TBs are cleaned, Gonna put my R2C intakes on this weekend! Looks like fun times are ahead.
Where at?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
SpartanG37S

I've had my G for a year now since I bought her with 30 miles on the ODO. I've never been this satisfied with a car purchase, until now. Considering what this expensive rolling piece of metal cost me, this is some of the best money I've ever spent. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

To many more years of G ownership
Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good Rafa! Did you install the splitter yet?

I need the 30K service too, but I don't feel like spending anywhere near 1K for it...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking good!
Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Looks Good man! Love the look
Thanks guys...

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
Whats different? I don't see anything...
LOL read the statement Seth! I installed the Auto kits X rear diffuser... It is just a nice touch is not anything insane... Plus black hides body parts but shows all the flaws in the paint... That is why you don't see anything but the same old swirly BO paint.... It looks good overall... im happy with it...

Originally Posted by swordsman54
Looking good Rafa! Did you install the splitter yet?

I need the 30K service too, but I don't feel like spending anywhere near 1K for it...
The splitter is comming soon I need to raise the car from the front in order to get under it with a drill to do the pilot holes and install the splitter.... It will be done soon... I'll let you know...

Overall I want to say Im 95% satisfied with this piece... It fits pretty good although I just realized I think I have the same issue you guys (Bryant an d Arjun) with my exhaust being crooked. It was not noticeable with the stock bumper but once I added this it is rubbing on one of the exhaust tips to the diffuser. I tried to adjust as much as I could but still you can hear it every now and then.... It maybe that the piece also is not perfect but I still need to get to it and see how can I get an extra 1/4" of clearance....
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Nosnibor

950 for 30k service at Pearson...they can suck itttt!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM
ViPaDawG

All that should run me about 600 if my math is right. It's over at Infiniti of Chantilly off of 50 in No. VA.

The 4 flushes are $159 each, they are replacing the PCV as a courtesy i only have to pay $20 for the part, throttle body cleaning was $60 and I have a 15% coupon.

I'm having them check the windshield noise and this wear creak/rattle coming from my door. I think one of my speakers is loose or something because I hear the sound faintly when i have my speakers up over 50% or if I drive over a bumpy road.

Glad you are enjoying your G purchase. I've had mine for 8 months now, and I like her, but she is high maintenance. I've spent over $3k in tires, maintenance, and intakes. (tires were almost 1800, had to get a new set of summers, and my winter rims/wheels). But I dont regret it at least not completely haha. (got rid of an 09 Accord Coupe base to get the G). As long as gas prices stay low, I'll be fine.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Nosnibor

All that should run me about 600 if my math is right. It's over at Infiniti of Chantilly off of 50 in No. VA.

The 4 flushes are $159 each, they are replacing the PCV as a courtesy i only have to pay $20 for the part, throttle body cleaning was $60 and I have a 15% coupon.

I'm having them check the windshield noise and this wear creak/rattle coming from my door. I think one of my speakers is loose or something because I hear the sound faintly when i have my speakers up over 50% or if I drive over a bumpy road.

Glad you are enjoying your G purchase. I've had mine for 8 months now, and I like her, but she is high maintenance. I've spent over $3k in tires, maintenance, and intakes. (tires were almost 1800, had to get a new set of summers, and my winter rims/wheels). But I dont regret it at least not completely haha. (got rid of an 09 Accord Coupe base to get the G). As long as gas prices stay low, I'll be fine.
Does your windshield make a weird sound when you accelerate? Kinda sound like it's cracking or something? Mine does.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
SpartanG37S

You guys do know that you can get those services done at a Nissan dealer, and I bet it'll be a helluva lot cheaper.
Hell I get my $35 synthetic oil changes for my G at Pomoco Nissan. I don't bother with the Infiniti dealer at all.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
You guys do know that you can get those services done at a Nissan dealer, and I bet it'll be a helluva lot cheaper.
Hell I get my $35 synthetic oil changes for my G at Pomoco Nissan. I don't bother with the Infiniti dealer at all.
Dang man, that's basically the price of the oil! But what I was reading earlier on here was that half of those things don't even have to be done until 60k. So I am going to wait on doing everything pretty much. I'm getting an oil change tomorrow, intakes sometime soon, and my cabin filter needs to be changed at 40k (I changed it pretty late the first time and replaced it with a carbon one). The other stuff like the fluid replacements are eh....

MyG37 take on this
Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 PM
SpartanG37S

^ I specifically remember reading that thread, and a few others like it. It's not worth it at all. Unless you have money to **** away on a high dollar oil change, I'd get it done for cheaper somewhere else or do it myself.

At the end of the day, it's not like your car will self destruct if you don't get the service done at an Infiniti dealer. Us enthusiasts are smarter than that. We'll leave services like this to the EX, FX, QX, and M crowd to pad the dealer's pockets.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
RichG

Well the good thing about going to a non Infiniti place for service is they usually have the Infiniti service guidelines in the computer system. Like i took my G to firestone yesterday for an oil change and alignment...just hit the 60k so bye bye warranty, but they were able to read me the list of things Infiniti would be offering me for a 60k service. But as we all know all Infiniti prices are through the roof so i'd rather have the same service done quicker,cheaper,and not have to worry about them pushing some non necessary service on me like its urgent!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 PM
ViPaDawG

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
Does your windshield make a weird sound when you accelerate? Kinda sound like it's cracking or something? Mine does.
no, mine only does it when there is some body flex. one time it was really bad and it felt like something was hitting the window and it was about to break. there are a few threads about it, and people say it's the windshield cowl at the bottom of the windshield. I just told them to check it out in hopes they'll do something, if not, I'm not that worried about it.

Originally Posted by RichG
Well the good thing about going to a non Infiniti place for service is they usually have the Infiniti service guidelines in the computer system. Like i took my G to firestone yesterday for an oil change and alignment...just hit the 60k so bye bye warranty, but they were able to read me the list of things Infiniti would be offering me for a 60k service. But as we all know all Infiniti prices are through the roof so i'd rather have the same service done quicker,cheaper,and not have to worry about them pushing some non necessary service on me like its urgent!
yeah, I am typically in the same boat. However, i bought my G used (not certified) and so I just wanted peace of mind. I dont know what the last owner did to the car or how they treated it, so I want to get it back to top shape before I can skip on it. I went to Inifiniti because the other dealers in the area were far more expensive, and my dealer also did a lot of stuff on courtesy, which included cleaning throttle bodies and the PCV valve. I also had a 15% coupon (yeah i dont need to hear it), but the biggest thing was they give me a loaner, the Nissan dealer next door does not. I can't miss work, and the creaks and rattles they don't look at on the weekend.

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?