NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
ViPaDawG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
It was quick, but I wouldn't even call it fast. It FEELS fast because of the power band, but it ran out of steam fairly quickly, as it ran out of power. Power delivery is quick tho, gotta love boost.

My G, even on stretched tires would walk a Mazdaspeed3. I'd be behind from a dig, but around the middle of 2nd gear, it'd be an L for the Mazda.

haha, that's what i meant by quick. It's quick, but not fast. Exactly for the reasons you said, it gets going, but it would not stay ahead long.

For a highway car though Focus is probably money. Though did you check out that new Lexus CT200h? or the Honda CR-Z? Decent hybrid alternatives.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swordsman54
So is it final that you are getting the Titanium when it is available?
Not final, but more than likely, that will be the case.

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG
haha, that's what i meant by quick. It's quick, but not fast. Exactly for the reasons you said, it gets going, but it would not stay ahead long.

For a highway car though Focus is probably money. Though did you check out that new Lexus CT200h? or the Honda CR-Z? Decent hybrid alternatives.
Test drove the CT200h, didn't like it. Interior was underwhelming, and for $37k, it should have a power driver seat. Small quirk, but enough to make it a deal breaker for me. The MINI was the same way. It didn't even have a power driver seat, and was well over $30k with decent options. I had a quick review of it a few pages back...

The CR-Z is too small for us, as this purchase will be our daily driver/roadtrip/city runabout car.

Keep the suggestions coming tho. This is a lot harder than I thought, but here's what we've looked at thus far...

MINI Countryman S - Out
Lexus CT200h - Probably out
Ford Focus Titanium - Awaiting test drive, strong contender
Audi A3 - Didn't give it a chance, but may take a look at it.
Golf GTI - Out
Mazda3 - Out
Old 03-31-2011, 09:32 PM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The A3 sounds like it would be a sweet car to drive. Gas mileage isn't that great though...

Isn't there supposed to be some smaller Infiniti coming out soon?

Last edited by swordsman54; 03-31-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Justin311

Originally Posted by Justin311
VIRGINIA BEACH MEET - APRIL 16TH - INTEREST?

Anybody interested in attending a big meet we hold at Mt Trashmore on the 16th? It's an annual thing we do with the MR2 owners club which my company usually sponsors. Since we're getting into Nissans more nad more every day, I thought maybe we could combine meets. If there is any interest I will post up all the details, but its usuallly a fun laid back group of folks (usually 20-35 cars, about 40-50 people) and there is a mix of car brands although most have been Supras and MR2s.
This meet was moved to April 30th becuase of some conflicts. Let me know if you guys still want to/now can attend!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Justin311

The speed 3 is fast. That thing is full of torque. It's hard to get moving with all the torque steer and wheel spin, but that thing can move when it's going 60 to anything more.
One tried to pull on me from a 50mph roll just last week coming back from the beach. I walked him by like 20 car lengths up to XXXmph at least 3 times in a row. He finally gave up and backed off. That was in my 1990s technology 4 cyl with 16 pounds of boost. I was very unimpressed.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Raced" a 370z Nismo last night. I say raced in quotes because neither of us really launched from the line but he def. got on it and so did I. He got a little lead but shortly after I gained and passed him...and it wasn't like he let off. The next light he asked me what I was driving...I was like really? Surprised me that even though we are so much heavier we pretty much sit right next to them.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
ViPaDawG

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
"Raced" a 370z Nismo last night. I say raced in quotes because neither of us really launched from the line but he def. got on it and so did I. He got a little lead but shortly after I gained and passed him...and it wasn't like he let off. The next light he asked me what I was driving...I was like really? Surprised me that even though we are so much heavier we pretty much sit right next to them.
That's interesting. the 370z should've had you considering it's the same car except skinny haha. maybe just a bad driver.

that said, i dont know if you are rocking any mods / TTs. haha.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:21 PM
ViPaDawG

Originally Posted by Justin311
One tried to pull on me from a 50mph roll just last week coming back from the beach. I walked him by like 20 car lengths up to XXXmph at least 3 times in a row. He finally gave up and backed off. That was in my 1990s technology 4 cyl with 16 pounds of boost. I was very unimpressed.
lol, I assume (by your signature) you are talking about your 400whp MR2. I wouldn't say it's surprising considering you have a heckuva lot more power and what probably weighs much less. The MS3s are surprising because when one pulls up you are like, this thing can't move, but it can. First time I saw one was when I was with my cousin in 350Z and they were neck and neck for a bit until the Z finally pulled away.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Nosnibor

That's interesting. the 370z should've had you considering it's the same car except skinny haha. maybe just a bad driver.

that said, i dont know if you are rocking any mods / TTs. haha.
I got a W12 Quad T's. Nah, just short intake and exhaust....but considering the Nismo is "tuned" it should have been even from that perspective. The guy was older but he was on it....and I don't think you can really mess up that bad. Anyway it was fun!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Justin311

lol, I assume (by your signature) you are talking about your 400whp MR2. I wouldn't say it's surprising considering you have a heckuva lot more power and what probably weighs much less. The MS3s are surprising because when one pulls up you are like, this thing can't move, but it can. First time I saw one was when I was with my cousin in 350Z and they were neck and neck for a bit until the Z finally pulled away.
I wish I was making 400 whp on 16 psi and pump gas lol. Thats race gas and 23 psi. I'm making about 300-315 whp, and my car weighs in at just over 3200 pounds wet at the track.

A quick goggle search is showing a Mazdaspeed curb weight of 3248 wet. The same article shows the track tested ET of 14.4 sec.

I can tell you that my MR2 feels "quick" on the street @ 16 psi and I'm probably only making enough power to run a 13.5. feels very similar to my stock G37S and it should as they have about the same performance.

While I'm not suprised the MR2 beat the 3, I am suprised I beat it by such a large margin, and that people were chiming in in this thread that the mazdaspeed was a "fast car". I knew nothing about them (and assumed they were much quicker/faster) until I ran it on the highway last week. Thats all
Old 04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
ViPaDawG

300 to the wheels is still pretty good I'd say.

also separate question, Im due for my 30k service. obviously I don't want to pay the dealer 800 for nothing. what are the key things i should be doing. i think tranny, diff, brake flush, along with throttle body cleaning and pcv valve replacement. anything else i need? I changed the oil and filters recently, and I have my new r2c intakes sitting here waiting for the throttle body cleaning to be put on. all advice would be appreciated. i have a 5AT.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Nosnibor

300 to the wheels is still pretty good I'd say.

also separate question, Im due for my 30k service. obviously I don't want to pay the dealer 800 for nothing. what are the key things i should be doing. i think tranny, diff, brake flush, along with throttle body cleaning and pcv valve replacement. anything else i need? I changed the oil and filters recently, and I have my new r2c intakes sitting here waiting for the throttle body cleaning to be put on. all advice would be appreciated. i have a 5AT.
I'm due for the exact same thing...
Old 04-03-2011, 02:44 PM
ViPaDawG

i called around and all of the different dealers in my area do different things. so i came to the forum in hopes of better guidance.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Finally Got this on...

Just got finished installing the Auto-kits X rear diffuser. Here a quick pic with my cell phone... What you guys think...? Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Any VA G37's?-photo.jpg   Any VA G37's?-photo2.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
ViPaDawG

Looking good!

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?