NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See you later guys! I'll be back in the states on the 24th...don't talk too much crap about me while i'm gone
Old 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Safe travels. Take pix
Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
RichG

Originally Posted by swordsman54
See you later guys! I'll be back in the states on the 24th...don't talk too much crap about me while i'm gone

Does that dummy honestly think we are gonna talk crap about him while he is gone? Not that they have internet over there or anything idiot. oh well i guess that counts as smack talking, he wins haha
Old 03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
123u

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
Greyhound, and leave the driving to them.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 AM
SpartanG37S

In case you guys haven't seen this yet...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...eadlights.html

I would have kept my $ in my pocket if I would have seen this earlier. This is an easy DIY that can be done over a weekend.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case you guys haven't seen this yet...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...eadlights.html

I would have kept my $ in my pocket if I would have seen this earlier. This is an easy DIY that can be done over a weekend.
There's already plenty of DIY's out there I don't know why this one would have made you want to do it yourself. I honestly think one of the older ones was better. And yes with the DIY you could have done this yourself but it's honestly a huge PITA. I did my headlights and RTV sealant is a joke. If you want to do it right buy rubber butyl tape for sealing windshields, you'll find that butyl tape is what they actually used on your headlights and RTV is cheapo substitute. If you have patience and a spare set of headlights then go for it but this definitely isn't for the faint of heart. I have to redo one of my headlights because it didn't seal properly (I tried to cut corners and didn't use butyl on one side) and that headlight looks like my shower mirror after a hot one LOL.
Hardest part is probably opening and resealing the headlight, the OEM sealant gets really messy. Wear gloves and prepare to ruin the flathead you used. And its ridiculous how much work you have to do to actually get the headlights off the car. I've never had to pull a whole bumper to remove a headlight housing but it's not difficult, just time consuming. Other than that if anyone has any specific questions feel free to PM me and I can try to answer them based on my experience.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM
JMacsG37

definitely easier to have someone else do it. Only part i wouldn't want to do is reseal it, so easy to mess up. Plus from what i hear Ozzie's prices are pretty legit for the great work he does
Old 03-13-2011, 12:00 AM
RichG

Originally Posted by JMacsG37
definitely easier to have someone else do it. Only part i wouldn't want to do is reseal it, so easy to mess up. Plus from what i hear Ozzie's prices are pretty legit for the great work he does

Please feel free to pm me if you wanna hear about the "great work" that Ozzie does. Looking forward to the 27th so i can get my hot shower headlight fixed too. But yea the DIY appears easy if you can get past the removing the bumper part. Great meet out in VA beach today, wish more of you guys coulda made it but it was great to see those of you who did.Can't beat all you can eat sushi and japanese food for $10 and awesome weather too! Hey Namir i def wanna get some of that sealent from you, or have to tell me where to get some, so i can have Ozzie use that on my soon to be redone headlight.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How's everyone doing? Arjun isn't here to force anyone to talk.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
SpartanG37S

Work flow, but I'm off to the Carolinas for a few days since I'm off tomorrow until Monday.

In other news, I'm helping my wife look for a new car. Lookin for fuel economy and a hatch preferably. We test drove a Lexus CT200h yesterday and what an awful car. Great mileage, but the interior was pretty crappy for a Lexus.

Tomorrow at 0900, we're going to test drive a few Mini Coopers, probably the Countryman All4. Any ideas guys?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 PM
RichG

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
How's everyone doing? Arjun isn't here to force anyone to talk.
I won't say i miss him...never, but yea he def causes us to talk more. Usually just crap about him though...miss that so much haha

Work flow, but I'm off to the Carolinas for a few days since I'm off tomorrow until Monday.

In other news, I'm helping my wife look for a new car. Lookin for fuel economy and a hatch preferably. We test drove a Lexus CT200h yesterday and what an awful car. Great mileage, but the interior was pretty crappy for a Lexus.

Tomorrow at 0900, we're going to test drive a few Mini Coopers, probably the Countryman All4. Any ideas guys?
Please dont get a countryman dude, those things just look super wierd. If your gonna get a cooper just get a reg one or an S. Those things are rocket gocarts...crazy fast! What about an IS250 she like those?Not really into Fords myself but i've heard those new ecoboost engines are pretty sweet!Just some ideas
Old 03-17-2011, 02:35 PM
SpartanG37S

Originally Posted by RichG
Please dont get a countryman dude, those things just look super wierd. If your gonna get a cooper just get a reg one or an S. Those things are rocket gocarts...crazy fast! What about an IS250 she like those?Not really into Fords myself but i've heard those new ecoboost engines are pretty sweet!Just some ideas
Well, it's not for me, I'm only providing opinions to the misses. Here's a quick review tho...

Wife and I drove 4 Mini Cooper Countrymen 6MTs this morning. Wasn't impressed at all and I don't understand all the Mini hype honestly, even in the Cooper S hatch.

They drove nice, especially with the AWD. The 6MT was slick and the clutch was soft as a pillow, unlike the hard sandbag clutch in the G. The gear changes were effortless and it would get up and go on the highway for the most part. With that being said...

The interior left a LOT to be desired. Manual seats even in top trim, cheap plastic, the 4 cylinder sounded like an industrial blender under load, and it was priced in accordance with BMW's premium pricing. Loaded models were in excess of $35k with all options. We have a lot of shopping to do.

The problem with her ever going back to a 4 cylinder is that she's used to that 300HP 4.6L V8 that has a LOT of torque that gets you moving without much effort. Even with the turbo 1.6L in the Mini, it required some effort to get moving.

So I think, at least I hope for her sake, that she nixes the Mini, and I think she will. I was happy to get back in the G for comparisons sake. Our interiors are a great place to be.

EDIT:

IS250 - It's a dog. I've driven one, and it sucks. IS350 is better, and it also drinks more fuel, but for the $, may as well get a G Sedan.
Ford - I'd like her to look at a Fusion Hybrid, but she's on this hatch thing right now.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 PM
SpartanG37S

Next up on the test drive list:

VW Golf w/ Autobahn PKG
Ford Focus w/ Titanium PKG
Old 03-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Goodluck...

and we can still talk crap about him while he isn't here! You know he's gonna read everything when he gets back. lol
Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 PM
SpartanG37S

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
Goodluck...

and we can still talk crap about him while he isn't here! You know he's gonna read everything when he gets back. lol
Thanks, I'm gonna need it.

Lol yeah so we can get it in while he's gone! Arjun sucks!

Looks like it will be the new 2012 Focus titanium hatch. Going to test drive one this weekend. The GTI is a negative and the new Focus looks to be one helluva car in titanium trim. More to follow...

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?